• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Crystal Ezeoke/TheLovelyIfy

645 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

It sucks she has anxiety and depression. Really does and by no means trying to minimize that but she must know a lot of the negativity and "bullying" she experiences is a combo of her treatment of old friends n people who support her but criticize her. And of course....... cuz she put herself out there????? If ur putting yourself online and hate the judgment then ur in the wrong space honey.

She has a "I can't do no wrong" attitude and even in the recent posts she justifies people's negativity as them being miserable. She never takes responsibility for anything negative. Again, depression is terrible and I understand it's tough but if you can't distance yourself from the negativity you are a part of the negativity (especially accusing others of being miserable and having no lives) then being a successful influencer is not ur thing.

Edited by -KnottyFins-

Posted

I've been follow Crystal for a while and I do have faith that she still has potential to build that trust she lost from her fans. Idk y'all I would personally be cautious with sending her hate comments because the way she acts on insta story as if today will be her last day. I'd be careful, I'm sure this is a form of internet bullying. Y'all do you but im just saying.

I didn't watch the documentary, it was low quality, but were you guys expecting tima quality? Miles Jai quality? Crystal has never produce anything that great for me to expect anything spectacular. I've also noticed her and Tima are no longer friends or they don't follow each other on instagram anymore. To be honest I knew the friendship was doomed, Tima seems to be moving with her life and her channel has finally taken off imo, and crystal has been stagnant in a niche i'm not quiet sure she's passionate about. 

Being critical of media people put out in public isn't hate though. 

IMG_3479.thumb.jpg.22a4757a79a22a9b6acde

here's her recent instagram post. I'm not really sure where the "large number of hate comments" have been coming from for the last several months, because compared to when it first started, this thread has been relatively dead. There were maybe 5 total posts about her documentary. I'm not trying to downplay any mental struggles she has, but if thats all it takes to drive her into a dark place, she shouldn't be striving for internet fame. Or fame of any kind really. If you're in the public eye, you may be subject to public criticism. Personally I don't comment on any of her youtube videos, and I'm never early enough to catch any of them so I cant attest for any of that.

and wow, that part about distancing from old friends! I didn't know who she was talking about until Toodaloo pointed out that Crystal and Tima unfollowed each other, so I looked and all the posts with Tima on her feed were deleted. I actually watched Tima's recent assumptions vid and she mentioned that she used to be a pushover but lately has been standing up for herself and it's affected some of her relationships. Any chances Crystal is one of those relationships? I'm imagining Crystal doesn't take a reversal of power dynamics very well. Crystal did a set of shout outs to her "besties" on her IG stories and Miles was still in there. I don't feel like Miles thinks of her as a bestie anymore...I think crystals hanging on for some clout.

Posted

Being critical of media people put out in public isn't hate though. 

IMG_3479.thumb.jpg.22a4757a79a22a9b6acde

here's her recent instagram post. I'm not really sure where the "large number of hate comments" have been coming from for the last several months, because compared to when it first started, this thread has been relatively dead. There were maybe 5 total posts about her documentary. I'm not trying to downplay any mental struggles she has, but if thats all it takes to drive her into a dark place, she shouldn't be striving for internet fame. Or fame of any kind really. If you're in the public eye, you may be subject to public criticism. Personally I don't comment on any of her youtube videos, and I'm never early enough to catch any of them so I cant attest for any of that.

and wow, that part about distancing from old friends! I didn't know who she was talking about until Toodaloo pointed out that Crystal and Tima unfollowed each other, so I looked and all the posts with Tima on her feed were deleted. I actually watched Tima's recent assumptions vid and she mentioned that she used to be a pushover but lately has been standing up for herself and it's affected some of her relationships. Any chances Crystal is one of those relationships? I'm imagining Crystal doesn't take a reversal of power dynamics very well. Crystal did a set of shout outs to her "besties" on her IG stories and Miles was still in there. I don't feel like Miles thinks of her as a bestie anymore...I think crystals hanging on for some clout.

This post (crystals if post) is brow-raising for me. Kind of funny, kind of…slimy. She constantly does this to her supporters and it seems vulnerable and courageous but its really quite a manipulative tactic. By using this very deliberate language she’s able to make her following rally behind her and her “haters” look like monsters. 

Where are these debilitating comments she claims exist? She says she deletes the worst ones on Youtube, but honestly I’m starting to doubt those are anything but classic, chaotic Youtube hate comments anyone gets when they have videos with lots of views (cough cough her vulturous apetamin videos garnered a lot of vulnerable people with body image issues to view her content). If she’s referring to hate here, ill say it again, I can’t speak for everyone, but the stuff on this thread accounts for things that actually happened…that’s not hate, its the unfavorable truth coming to light, Crystal. If some one says “I don’t like her” that’s not hate. If someone says “she owes me money” that’s not hate. If someone says “She treats people she knows in real life bad” that’s what? NOT HATE. 

This is another psychological trick I take issue with, she inflates the hate to be this massive resistance and then shrinks herself to seem like a helpless toddler who was unfairly targeted. Its a trick that makes everyone who falls victim think twice about their actions. Supporters think about supporting her videos and content waaaay more out of sympathy, “haters” wonder if their actions are justifiable, and Crystal looks like a saint who has been beaten to a pulp. She uses her past trauma to justify her innocence in her actions. I can’t speak to what she’s dealt with in her past, but having shit dealt to you does not justify treating others shitty. The only reason I’m sensitive to this trick is because I had a manipulative ex who would do this to me. 

The easiest way for me to see through her manipulation is by looking at her track record. Before this “heartfelt post”, she’d clapback viscously to anyone who said anything vaguely critical (ie. That girl saying she should braid her hair under her wigs) or cuss them out. Saying stuff like “I’ve dealt with so much and I get so much hate but I’m so small and helpless so idk why!”, really absolves her from all those things she said. 

This is when it really looks like a manipulative ex because in a couple of days she’ll say something like, “Thank you to all who supported this post, but why I can’t get that same amount of support on views of my videos?” Its the old “You’re shitty for not supporting me blindly and being yes-men don’t you know I’ve been through something?” trick. It the same as when she said that if you didn’t donate money to her campaign you really weren’t apart of the lovefy family. 

I don’t know if she even notices that she manipulates her fanbase like this, that could just be how she makes moves, but its manipulative behavior Crystal and from someone with in therapy for anxiety as well, own up to your shit. 

In other news, I’m confused as to why she would still put miles in her friendlist if she’s “cutting off toxicity” that was apparently coming from Tima. Tima and Miles are besties. If she was such a fake friend as claimed I think she’d probably mention her falling out with Crystal to Miles. That sounds like an opportunist move to me. 

Posted

Dont they all claim to have anxiety and depression after being exposed.

Posted

Not putting specifics but Crystal all her life has used her past trauma to justify the things she do when she's in the negative IRL. Whenever her toxic behavior is called out she would eventually fall back to "look I've been through a lot" so she can share the victimization too with whomever is hurt. She's self absorbed and care way too much about people's perception of her so if she isn't getting the right attention she feels the need to change it

Posted

014324ED-5FE5-44A6-8A01-64596BA26E26.thuIs this a threat...? Lol

Posted

014324ED-5FE5-44A6-8A01-64596BA26E26.thuIs this a threat...? Lol

Oof this is a bit demoralizing. That's more than double her current sub count... I don't think this can be done organically without going viral for her

Posted

If some re-brands herself, comes up with better and consistent content then yeah it could happen. But it won't because that involves hard work and we all know that girls avoids hard work like the plague. 

Posted

If some re-brands herself, comes up with better and consistent content then yeah it could happen. But it won't because that involves hard work and we all know that girls avoids hard work like the plague. 

Word.

Let's not forget that she got fired from a good job because she got so uninterested in the project she was working on she was too late to turn anything decent in. Not everyone gets their dream job and she blew what opportunity she had just to sell scamming pills to her internet followers. She doesn't 'deserve' to have better content, she just needs to leave the internet for a few months and take a hard look at her life and what she wants to do with it.

Posted (edited)

whine1.thumb.JPG.3f8460fd9e91d63f911fba3

whine2.thumb.JPG.60b25eaafe49c6d7a09432a

whine3.thumb.JPG.e7f83fe1ad7f595aa106f78

whine4.thumb.JPG.e63af893755dd51d4cc0929

Anyone here thumbs downing her vids? I know I'm not doing it. I don't even watch the vids. She needs to take a break from social media for her health.

Edited by -KnottyFins-
screenshots missing

Posted

whine1.thumb.JPG.3f8460fd9e91d63f911fba3

whine2.thumb.JPG.60b25eaafe49c6d7a09432a

whine3.thumb.JPG.e7f83fe1ad7f595aa106f78

whine4.thumb.JPG.e63af893755dd51d4cc0929

Anyone here thumbs downing her vids? I know I'm not doing it. I don't even watch the vids. She needs to take a break from social media for her health.

Nobody from this thread probably hasn't watch her since she put out that documentary. If anybody is Thumbing down her vids its either people who are still pissed off about that shit or her "friends" telling her fans to dislike the vid because they are sick of her shit.

Boo fucking hoo Crystal 

Posted

A wild thought but maybe people dislike the video because it's not good? 

She can take all the marketing classes or influncer courses in the world but if you make content people don't like, then it gets disliked by said group of people. It's called common sense. You can only make so many videos talking about your butt. 

Even if it is people who don't like what Crystal has done, they're still allowed to dislike her videos. That's the balance of being an online personality that makes content.

I'm just wondering when she's going to stop calling us bullies like we've been spamming her inbox with insults or something. Or when she's going to  address this because this is giving off a bit of second-hand emberassment. 

Posted

A wild thought but maybe people dislike the video because it's not good? 

She can take all the marketing classes or influncer courses in the world but if you make content people don't like, then it gets disliked by said group of people. It's called common sense. You can only make so many videos talking about your butt. 

Even if it is people who don't like what Crystal has done, they're still allowed to dislike her videos. That's the balance of being an online personality that makes content.

I'm just wondering when she's going to stop calling us bullies like we've been spamming her inbox with insults or something. Or when she's going to  address this because this is giving off a bit of second-hand emberassment. 

I think you hit the nail on the head there. I can’t speak for everyone but I have never gone out of my way to dislike her videos. I barely go out of my way to like/dislike any video on YouTube.

What she’s neglecting to see is that she’s attempting to tap into a market and using metadata that is RIDDLED with people who are highly qualified and making great content. Fitness/weight gain videos are made by tons of other people that have better physical results, better credentials, and better videos than her. YouTube is marketing your video to viewers who are seeing her quality against other content that they probably like better. It’s possible that.....people dislike your videos, Crystal. 

Crystal continues to make excuses for every less than desirable thing that happens to her. It’s a shame that she’s convinced herself that every low view count, every dislike, every slightly critical comment is a bully that wants to see her burn. That’s really not how you improve.

She also is still really ungrateful and accusatory to her fan base. It’s this constant “my view count is trash why aren’t you guys supporting me enough” thing that’s really quite selfish. If I was a supporter, that kind of behavior might be enough to make me roll my eyes and go out of the way to ignore her posts. 

Posted (edited)

I think you hit the nail on the head there. I can’t speak for everyone but I have never gone out of my way to dislike her videos. I barely go out of my way to like/dislike any video on YouTube.

What she’s neglecting to see is that she’s attempting to tap into a market and using metadata that is RIDDLED with people who are highly qualified and making great content. Fitness/weight gain videos are made by tons of other people that have better physical results, better credentials, and better videos than her. YouTube is marketing your video to viewers who are seeing her quality against other content that they probably like better. It’s possible that.....people dislike your videos, Crystal. 

Crystal continues to make excuses for every less than desirable thing that happens to her. It’s a shame that she’s convinced herself that every low view count, every dislike, every slightly critical comment is a bully that wants to see her burn. That’s really not how you improve.

She also is still really ungrateful and accusatory to her fan base. It’s this constant “my view count is trash why aren’t you guys supporting me enough” thing that’s really quite selfish. If I was a supporter, that kind of behavior might be enough to make me roll my eyes and go out of the way to ignore her posts. 

Well said. I've unfollowed influencers before even when I liked their content solely because they are dramatic and make repetitive shitty posts.

What she doesn't understand is that most people don't follow influencers to completely connect with them and read their honest thoughts. Once in a while is fine. Influencers are basically products and they need to sell what people want to see. No one wants to see constant whining.

Edited by -KnottyFins-