• Announcements

• PULL Archiving   07/22/20

Hi all, I paid the server bill for the month so the site can be archived, sorry for the mess, didn't realize there'd be such an uproar. The site's in read-only mode. Happy archiving. Here's a link to a user-made PULL discord server: https://discord.gg/vZFEm75

Anyone else sick of tumblr?

452 posts in this topic

Posted

Of course, I think lots of people are fed up with this. Whenever I see a post like that I just instantly unfollow that person. Can't believe there are people who spend so much time arguing as if it has some sort of a meaning. I know I'm not gonna waste my time reading that crap.

Posted

Yeah I see what you mean. 
Tumblr is great if you find the right blogs (gotta keep searching nowadays) , but actually tumblr just makes me a bit sad. Everyday I have some article about crime in america, war around the world, and eating disorders. These are like the main things...and drugs or naked people. (I guess this sums it up quite well )
I don't really have a problem if people post what they like or want to share, but there is an end to everything.
What gets me the most is that you have to really watch out about saying your opinion or else you will get so much hate.
Sometimes I even catch myself with the thought that my opinion is wrong or that it doesn't matter after reading some posts on certain blogs...:lamasad:

Posted (edited)

I know where your rant is coming from and I completely share your outrage. Most recently, the fandoms have made me want to puke so much. Some people in there are absolutely disgusting and a complete setback to the very causes they want to defend. No wonder everyone looks down at Tumblr.

I'm looking at you, scumbags in the Steven Universe fandom

Still, There are some interesting blogs I like to follow, and if you watch what you follow more closely, most of the trash can be avoided somewhat.

Edited by Marimo
the v shouldn't be allowed to be beside the b

Posted

i only use tumblr to reblog and post pretty pictures.. you know "aesthetic" blogger.. it's much better than getting involved in stupid arguments about cultural appropriation, sexualisation of female charatcers, modelling agencies not hiring poc and what not.. It's just makes me sad and defeats the purpose.

Posted (edited)

Two-Three years ago I quit Tumblr and a year later I came back and everyone was crazy. I still use my Tumblr but now its a lotr/hobbit blog.

I still see things like white people suck and others encouraging to steal things(rebel flag..etc)or how America sucks. Once they had this thing(i suck at explaining)were people post pictures saying they were proud of their skin color. A couple white people did it and that didn't go down well...

EDIT: Also the amount of times I've heard cis scum x - x 

I wish I could bake a cake with rainbows and smiles and everyone would eat and be happy ; u ;

Edited by Rainbow

Posted (edited)

I was so close to making this thread a few days ago lmfao

imma be really shallow and say that at this point i'm only around for the money (i make sales, do posts for money, etc..) and a few of the nice followers. there's been so many instances where I wanted to quit in general just from the sheer stupidity (not actually because i'm scared/hurt by the shit they say). 

putting my shit stories under spoilers because i have a lot of them. 

one time I used the term "prostitute" to describe a sex worker of that profession. I didn't wanna say "sex worker" that's general and I wanted to be specific. it wasn't even with negative intent, as I support sex work and planned on getting into it myself. also, i was super frustrated while making that text post because my family was/is homeless and my mother technically got harassed and assumed to be a prostitute in the midst of this chaos we were going through. someone was like "you shouldn't say prostitute!!!!! it's offensive unless you're a sex worker!!!" and I responded with "I knew somebody would say something about that lol." No where did I attack them, or dismiss their complaint - I was just frustrated w/ irl problems and tumblr being tumblr was just something I did not need. I continued to explain why I made that response and I even defended the original asker because someone made an out of line comment about them, but because I didn't go "im so v sowwy uguuuu lemme kiss ur ass uwu" like how tumblr wants you to, they weren't happy. Thus, erupted several hours of harassment for using the proper irl colloquial terminology of a sex worker in that profession while I was frustrated because I was homeless. 

Another fun story is when I said something along the lines of I don't believe Taylor Swift talking shit towards Nicki before the whole VMAs was something planned by Taylor (because tumblr had this weird mindset that everything Taylor does is coordinated to get her fame - basically a conspiracy theory) and somehow that led to me being "anti-black" and that I'm silencing black people and the whole time I was apologizing and asking where was I being "anti-black" but as a response all I got was "BECAUSE I'M BLACK AND I SAY SO/IT'S NOT MY JOB TO EDUCATE YOU!!!" and they were being quite racist themselves by whitewashing me (implying I was white, saying I might as well be white), using derogatory or nicknames for white people (calling me "becky"), and saying stuff like "DO I NEED TO SAY IT IN ANOTHER LANGUAGE?" Once again, I was trying to be respectful, I apologized and tried to see that the problem was only to be harassed. 

the first time i ever had a big commotion about something I've posted was when Kimono Time made the video about X-factor ridiculing her and I made a post trying to signal boost the video but as a result, blogs similar to thisisnotjapan had began harassing me and calling KimonoTime shit like koreaboo (basically misusing the terms) and saying she's appropriating the language (even though she was being respectful about learning it) and using it as an accessory and basically saying she deserved to be ridiculed to that extent for dancing/singing to Korean music and learning the language. 

And there's plenty more stories. Mind you, I'm not a mentally stable person, but luckily stuff on the internet doesn't bother me because I disassociate myself from it. Had shit like this happened to anybody else who is already going through shit/can't disassociate themselves from the internet, tumblr would probably be the cause of mental breakdowns or worse - a suicide. 

If you were referring to Blackout, it wasn't just with white people, they harassed other PoC like Asians and Latinxs/Hispanics - even trans, nonbinary, etc.. people - for wanting to do the same thing. They considered it only for black people and their argument was that people should stop trying to copy them and that we should leave this for them to have.

And I don't think white people actually attempted to do it? I think it was just hearsay - something people made up to cause drama. and if white people did attempt to do it it was just to be racist or to annoy PoC it wasn't to show "white pride" 

It's also annoying how Tumblr is literally black and white (pun intended) when it comes to race and ethnicity. 

EDIT: and now right now I'm getting harassed and threatened over making a post about considering to cheat - a post I made when I was having a panic attack over school. 

Edited by PurinPrincess

Posted

I try to follow the right people. I just use my tumblr inspiration. And now when I look threw my tumblr it just makes me depressed.

Posted

I try to follow the right people. I just use my tumblr inspiration. And now when I look threw my tumblr it just makes me depressed.

May I ask why? 
I am sorta curious cause I deleted my original tumblr for that same reason.

Posted

May I ask why? I am sorta curious cause I deleted my original tumblr for that same reason.

now on tumblr I always see Hate crimes and just hateful things , like I always here a story about how someone killed themselves for such and such or how a big disaster happened or someone's rape story and arguments about race and lgtb and here the most awful things. It just makes me want to cry and hide from humanity. (I'm such a crybaby when it comes to things like that) like I just got done tearing up because the news was talking about a little 6 or 8 year old boy who got shot.

Posted

now on tumblr I always see Hate crimes and just hateful things , like I always here a story about how someone killed themselves for such and such or how a big disaster happened or someone's rape story and arguments about race and lgtb and here the most awful things. It just makes me want to cry and hide from humanity. (I'm such a crybaby when it comes to things like that) like I just got done tearing up because the news was talking about a little 6 or 8 year old boy who got shot.

I know what you mean, sorta a reason why I only have two blogs I can tolerate for this and the rest are specialty blogs.

I mean, I like to be aware but after a while, all these sad and horrible things wear you down. I get bad things happen but seeing it so many times in one day is just stressful. Hope that doesn't sound bad.

Posted (edited)

I know what you mean, sorta a reason why I only have two blogs I can tolerate for this and the rest are specialty blogs.

I mean, I like to be aware but after a while, all these sad and horrible things wear you down. I get bad things happen but seeing it so many times in one day is just stressful. Hope that doesn't sound bad.

I use to be that person who would get mad as hell (still do but I keep it to myself) when someone insulted women especially and I would comment back , and one day I thought to myself just let them be and have there rude opinion.

And I hate the way some people on tumblr make being the girl who is anti social and mentally disturbed seem cute and adorable, that crap is not cute when you really are that way.

Edited by Sincere love

Posted

I use to be that person who would get mad as hell (still do but I keep it to myself) when someone insulted women especially and I would comment back , and one day I thought to myself just let them be and have there rude opinion.

And I hate the way some people on tumblr make being the girl who is anti social and mentally disturbed seem cute and adorable, that crap is not cute when you really are that way.

Amen, being a young woman who is anti-social with mental health issues, cute is not even remotely close to what it is like. I feel like I am in hell when I am at my worse and I end up secluding myself cause I know that if I snap, people get hurt and that I could lose so much because of it.
I really want to shank people who do that uggggh

I know what you mean but sometimes it's so hard to say silent cause it gets on your goat so bad that you snap, cause debates and everyone gets hurt in one way or another.

Though, after replying to this thread, I decided to clean my tumblr up again lol

Posted

I was so close to making this thread a few days ago lmfao

imma be really shallow and say that at this point i'm only around for the money (i make sales, do posts for money, etc..) and a few of the nice followers. there's been so many instances where I wanted to quit in general just from the sheer stupidity (not actually because i'm scared/hurt by the shit they say). 

how do you make money from tumblr :Alpacaconfused:

i keep seeing people posting things from Malcolm X and it's annoying to me because they don't know shit about Malcolm X. When he died he wasn't the same man he was when he was with the Nation of Islam. After he went on hajj (the trip to Mecca all Muslims are required to take) he converted to Sunni Islam. To me it's almost disrespectful to his legacy to reblog things he said prior to converting, especially because it's speculated the leader of the Nation of Islam was the one who killed him.