• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

203 posts in this topic

Posted

Hidden Content

I'm happy you're safe and far away from that asshole. :alpacacrush:

Something similar happened to me, but I was a lot luckier than you. I met one when I was 15 during a dungeon raid. (This was way before the incel thing took off) He was really nice to me, we played together very regularly for months. I told him my age, he said he was 17. He said to me pretty much the same things he did to you. (especially the pure thing) At that age I was quite insecure and I felt special when he said those things to me. Eventually, we started Skyping and telling things about ourselves, but he'd always avoid talking too much about school or what he did. Never used video chat fortunately, since both of us were uncomfortable (I was very shy, which he found adorable, he was... you'll see)

Things really got weird on Valentine's day. He asked me what I was doing that day, and if I wanted to marry him. I responded "You mean in-game, right?" he said "I mean, that too." He said at his age he should seriously start to think about it. That his parents are pretty anal about it. "Would be great if she were into games too." "Come on I'm sure it's not that bad... you're still young, right?" "Actually I'm 26"

I told him to never contact me again. Apparently I was "selfish for rejecting him after all the attention he gave me", a bitch for wanting to not spend V-day with him... and all sorts of awful shit. If it were now I'd have ignored him but I really took it personally when it happened. Safe to say I blocked him and never heard from him again.

What's sad about this "black-pill" bullshit, from the rare times I overheard incels in public, is that most of them are average normal looking teenagers. Only one of them was actually somewhat ugly, the rest were still in that awkward post-puberty phase and/or were really unkempt. Um kiddo, you're not even 18 and already think your love life is over so you hate women? What? O.o

Posted

HOLY HELL... Has anyone read the synopsis on the film A.I. Rising... It's clearly an incels wet dream and makes me feel disgust.

The fact that this type of shit is becoming more main steam really fucking disturbs me.

Okay wtf was that. Is the director an incel??? How can he make a movie with this plot?? what is wrong with this world I'm fucking scared now.

Posted

I swear incels are just men who have yet to get over their first breakup...

Posted

I swear incels are just men who have yet to get over their first breakup...

> implying incels have actually dated before

Posted

> implying incels have actually dated before

true, the gf that broke up with them was just a fever dream

Posted

I registered here on this site just to post this and get it off my chest. I've been looking a lot into history and sociology, particularly of the days when America was "great" (early 1900's up to the 50's) and how badly so many groups of people were treated by mainstream society under the conservative paradigm before the counter culture movement. How much repression there was. Women and minorities regarded as subhuman. Eugenics being a thing in America long before the rise of the nazi's. Horrible conditions of asylums where mentally ill and disabled people were literally treated like cattle and used for slave labor and even human experimentation. Gay people being sent to prison over their sexuality. Literal witch-hunts for people who believed in a more equitable class system.

How ignorant of the neckbeard/incel/etc type of people who idealize this horrific time in history as the peak of western civilization to think their lives would be so much better under that culture. They wouldn't have the white male privilege they feel entitled to as their birthright but would instead be treated much worse than they perceive their lives already are. They themselves are "degenerates" and "untermensch" (mental illness and disability, physical weakness, not to mention the rampant pedophilia which is never acceptable no matter what time period it is) and society back then wouldn't take kindly to dysfunctional manchildren living with their parents and refusing to work and blaming society for why they're like that. Nowadays people like this have freedom to live the way they want to and complain about whatever they want to, without being judged or shamed.

These people will never acknowledge how much the feminist movement for overall equality has contributed to them having the opportunity for a better life. But no, feminism is "evil" and why their lives are so bad. If they think their lives suck so bad and that society is so unfair, welcome to what minorities and women have always experienced and still experience and why the fight isn't over. Why not join in rather than biting the hand that feeds?

Just my $0.02 but I think they benefit from feminism way more than they realize.

Posted

I really wanna know where this whole "women aren't funny" stereotype comes from I'm from eastern europe and inevitably i do sometimes hear negative stereotypes about women but I've never heard of the women are not funny statement other than online is it specifically an american thing? or does everyone around the world feel this way? 

Posted

I read the plot AI rising the fact that such a shallow, messy, idiotic plot can get approved and become a movie is way over me. « Milutin fades into a depression after Nimani rejects his advances. » 

i mean come on...

Posted

this was written by a woman. what the fuck is going on? does she think she is accomplishing anything by shitting on her own gender? i am ashamed and this person calls herself a "comedy writer". 

it's satire, mcsweeney's is a satire/comedy site.  whether it's funny or not is another thing but it's clearly meant to make fun of people who say women aren't funny

Posted

it's satire, mcsweeney's is a satire/comedy site.  whether it's funny or not is another thing but it's clearly meant to make fun of people who say women aren't funny

good to know! i am not a native english speaker so i don't really know much about those pages. it could have been easily written by one of those boomer men who do stand up comedy while their whole stand up program is dragging down other people. at least it sounds like it. she did a good job. 

Posted

I read the plot AI rising the fact that such a shallow, messy, idiotic plot can get approved and become a movie is way over me. « Milutin fades into a depression after Nimani rejects his advances. » 

i mean come on...

i have come from watching this fucking movie and its fucking worse than boku no piko