• Announcements

• Be a moderator! & Reports Announcement   03/07/19

We're aware that PULL needs more moderation and attention, so we're actively looking to expand our mod crew! If you're a regular user and intend to stay this way, then rest assured that we're working on improving PULL for you. In order to do this, we rely on user reports, so I'd like to take this opportunity to ask everyone to report posts you think break a rule, disrupt discussion or shouldn't be allowed.  There is absolutely no concern over getting too many reports - we get a handful of reports per week. More reports would be great because it helps us figure out how our users want the forum to be - leaving criticism in threads doesn't make it easy for mods to find your opinions. Furthermore, don't worry about being a "snitch" or too harsh - a report doesn't mean action will be taken, that's up to the mods. A report really only tells us to look at the comment and to gauge the community atmosphere. Often times, peer pressure or established community atmosphere will dictate the direction a thread takes, and criticizing certain posts can be uncomfortable or downright futile when the majority disagrees with your view. This leads to groupthink and degradation of thread quality because the loudest/most active users get their way. So reporting is a way to quickly and anonymously (to other users) give feedback to the moderators. If we don't get this feedback, we think everyone's happy and there's no need for change. So use this feature as much as you'd like to help shape PULL into a more constructive community again. If you'd like to be a moderator: Click here for the application form.  

Fujoshis, yaoi and fetishization

84 posts in this topic

Posted

not sure if anyone has mentioned this

but how come nobody mentions fundanshi's (male yaoi fans)?

when talking about Yaoi and how yaoi fans just fetishize and act gross and cringy

I mostly forget about them tbh I'm in a yaoi group on fb and there's some there and when I saw a post I was legit like "OH YEAH YOU GUYS EXIST". Eh you see more girls I guess. It's like for every 2 girls there's a boy. Idk.

Posted

understandable 

Posted

Yaoi and Yuri I don't mind especially yuri because I really like girls and boobs are great

Now fujoshis be taking stuff way too far and just down right fetishize people, and I keep hearing stories from people about how they be on the bus with their significant other and some fujo be like "omg its sin irl!!!!!111!!!" and making them umcomfortable af, and sadly I knew people like that (ironically they weren't straight but they weren't gay either) and jfc sometimes I couldn't talk to them and just start to blink out when they start their bullshit. And some of the stuff they say be making me umcomfortable too. 

Posted

Thoughts on yaoi and fujos? Are they as bad as those guys who fetishize lesbians?
The fact that yaoi is made for a straight (girl) audience is ugly itself and I believe fujos fetishize gay men.
From what I've seen a lot...
What's with all those fujoshis calling themselves ''closeted fujoshi'' or a ''fujoshi in the closet''? 
What's with all those fujos asking for help on how to tell their family that they like yaoi and are a fujoshi? (Seriously wtf?)
What's with all those fujoshis calling their ships ''sinners''?
Whats with all those fujos watching gay movies meant for gay men?
Watching tv shows just because there are gay characters?
Calling gay movies or tv shows ''yaoi movies&shows'' ???
Shipping guys in real life and creeping on gay guys?
Wishing they were boys so they could be a gay guy(or more like a cute uke uwu), have sex with a man and live like they were in a yaoi??
(To the point that some started believing they are trans when they arent and just want to live like in a yaoi and (straight girls) pretending to be gay guys?).
I'm so done 

legit i used to be a fujo but i got tired of it cuz lots of fujos act like its a k**** and its annoying honestly

Posted

I like yaoi but I am private with it. I don't push what I like to people and instead join groups that also do not do the same. We talk about it on our own time and we don't usually force it down others throats unless we post to our Tumblr blog but people can block those posts bu blacklisting or downloading that one Tumblr add on on Chrome. 

I think yaoi and being a fujoshi si fine as long as you draw a line. Not everyone likes yaoi and I understand that. Therefore I keep it to myself unless I find out they like it and even then I tread carefully because you never know how deep it goes for some people. I ship and read raunchy mangas, and such but like said I don't shove it down people's throats. 

I draw a line for myself because I don't want to make others uncomfortable just because I am a fan of something they might not be. It's just considerate to me and well *shrugs* I wish more fujoshis thought like this. 

Posted

I uhh, tried to like yaoi because my friends were into it at the time... but it's really not my thing. Now 10 years later some of them still act like cringy weebs glued to yaoi on their phones and sqealing over their "gay boys"

Posted (edited)

I went shopping with my problematic fujoshi ''friend'' (we're not rlly friends but whatever). So in the mall she saw two of her male classmates and took a picture of them in front of me. Of course I asked her why she did that because i hate when people take pictures of others without their permission. 

She then said ,,It's because my friend and I ship them xDDD haha. They share clothes, hug each other. But theyre lying to us and telling us that they're straight >.>''

That's what annoys me the most about irl shipping. Now the boys wont feel comfortable around each other and this results to guys not talking about their feelings, hugging and having a friend who shows them affection. 

Edited by Krystal

Posted

No one cares about how much lesbians are fetishized and this is even more wide spread. I personally don't get the appeal of two dudes ass bumping and I wouldn't even date someone bisexual but I have no issue with other women into it.

Posted

I am kind of into BL and stuff, but I wouldn’t call myself a fujoshi. But honestly, I think they’re fine, well as long as they know what theyre doing. There are the ones that can be weird, creepy ,gross, not know when to set a limit and be like “heyyy thats fucking weird, I should stop” and dont know what is ok and what’s not. And thats what I hate about the fandom. But personally, I set myself a strict rule that I can’t mix between what I like on the internet vs real life. Yaoi characters are like big tiddy goth gf, they are NOT real. Nobody acts or reacts like that in real life. The order of events are ridiculous. Even the faces and bodies are weird. I like the fluffy and cute — although not realistic — BL’s. They’re just something that makes me feel good and relieve my stress. And hey, I don’t care if you are watching 2 fictional guys fuck, thats your thing. But if you are reading yaoi most of your time, to the point it’s a “personality trait”, and fetishizing actual breathing gay (or straight in some cases) people, then get a life. It is literally being like a neckbeard with a waifu. But with guys, which is no better.