• Announcements

• Official PULL Discord!   12/08/18

Hi Everyone!  We've opened up an official discord. In order to join, you need to have posted at least 20 comments on PULL! This is to make sure we don't let in any flakes with ulterior motives. After joining, you will receive a DM with instructions on how to get verified! Also, your registration date needs to be earlier than December 2018 so that we don't get a ton of people signing up only to join the Discord but without actually contributing to PULL. Drop by and chat here: https://discord.gg/KDF2kt5 Also, we need to upgrade our server in the very near future. PULL grows bigger by the day (yay!) but  to handle the load, we need upgrades. For less than the cost of what you spend on Netflix, we can continue to host your content. Whether it's $1 or $5 a month, all gifts are appreciated. Please consider giving here: https://www.patreon.com/PULL Thank you for your continued love and support!

How to deal with hair in humid weather?

6 posts in this topic

Posted

Anyone who has been to Japan will know how ridiculously humid it is. My hair is naturally very curly and poofy so before I traveled to Japan I decided to get a Japanese Straight Perm. It succeeded in making my hair sleek straight but the moment I stepped out of the plane it frizzed, became wavy, and poofy. Japanese perms don't seem to do the job because my hair will dry straight in an air conditioned room but will immediately become coarse and frizzy outside.

Does anyone know how to maintain smooth, flat, straight hair in humid weather? 

Posted

permanent straightening will damage your hair beyond recognition.. a good routine for curly hair will be much more benefitial to you in the long run imo

Posted

permanent straightening will damage your hair beyond recognition.. a good routine for curly hair will be much more benefitial to you in the long run imo

I've done a straight perm 3x already, my hair isn't (or doesn't appear to be) damaged at all compared to pre-perm :) I guess because I had virgin hair to begin with. My curly hair is too wild, resulting in it being too hot, difficult to manage, and really unattractive on me personally. But I guess in the end I'm just looking for tips to maintain my hair's shape in humidity if you have any!

Posted

If you can get sulphate-free shampoo and silicone free conditioner, it may be a way to start - sulphates really dry out your hair (esp if you're a curly) and (from what I know of silicones) they leave like a cast on the strands, so start controlling your hair itself - if that makes any sense. If you can get hold of them, perhaps start there - do a sulphate shampoo as your last, to get the silicones off and than start with the -free stuff. I'd imagine a deep condition every so often might help too? (Again, no silicones) Might help with the frizz!

Posted

The rain and I have a love-hate relationship:) I love rain when I’m curled up in bed under the blankets with no urgent need to go out and I can just listen to it as it hits the roof. But I hate it with a burning passion if any part of my day involves stepping outside. When it's raining and I straighten my hair with a Steam straightener  , I apply KMS California Hairstay Anti-Humidity Seal to keep your style smooth and frizz-free. It really works

Posted

I think using a drier is the only way, I live in a humid island and my hair is always a mess unless I use it (and its wavy so...its just a mess)