• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Coco Lee / Rilaccoco

1177 posts in this topic

Posted

I don't even know who or what's big marvel lol

I don't really like vlogs usually but you would think that as an entertainer, Coco would make them enjoyable like CLC's Sorn or NCT's Johnny are doing but nope... I watched one or two videos of her before because I liked Cocosori and I kinda forced myself to support Coco but I quickly gave up. Nothing is happening in her vlogs. If you're not going to make them funny, at least show beautiful landscapes or whatever... make people dream.

Posted

I don't even know who or what's big marvel lol

I don't really like vlogs usually but you would think that as an entertainer, Coco would make them enjoyable like CLC's Sorn or NCT's Johnny are doing but nope... I watched one or two videos of her before because I liked Cocosori and I kinda forced myself to support Coco but I quickly gave up. Nothing is happening in her vlogs. If you're not going to make them funny, at least show beautiful landscapes or whatever... make people dream.

Big Marvel is that guy who does the chicken kpop covers, he's popular with foreign fans because of his meme videos and being somewhat an attractive korean man. 

I have the same issues with her vlogs, I feel like she does them just to show that she's pretty or something (idk how to explain). I get that some vlogs are filmed for the aesthetic but hers feel like the same thing over and over without adding anything much to make it more interesting.

Posted

all the vlogs I've watched so far look more like a merge of many instagram stories than a real vlog. She only really shows short clips from different events, sometimes even without real context, and then call it a day. I stopped watching her videos though, since they got boring real fast and her click baiting + exaggerated attitude got on my nerves. idk, but if my friend would use me as a clickbait for my videos, I would be mad tbh... 

Posted

Ok here goes nothing:

OT (because its about big Marvel) and idk how to do the spoiler thing on my phone:

Taken from the edward Avila thread:

Lil Marvel, now known as Big Marvel had TONS of controversies. I only mentioned the misogynistic controversy bc that’s what irks me the most. He had plagiarism, spraying water onto a female idol as a “joke” without letting her know beforehand nor asking for her consent (Rainbow’s Seung Ah), animal abuse (spraying salt over live snails, drowning ants, putting baby chicks under a lot of distress by giving them a “bath”... the list goes on), did really shitty “pranks” (e.g. ordered food at 11:59PM and got “mad” at the delivery man for coming a day late), attacked a well known feminist online named 갓건배 (gatgonbae)...

The biggest controversy he had was the one with a youtuber named 옆집누나 (Noona Next Door) where he made this slave contract for her which created a huge shit storm when she broke the contract.. 

That’s not all of it and I only mentioned the main ones. All links and “receipts” are in Korean so.. anyway here’s the link for more details:

https://namu.wiki/w/릴마블/비판 및 논란#s-2.1

Posted (edited)

sdfsdfssdc.thumb.JPG.0dd887b014a1a34d512

I've seen this hat in stores like forever 21 but i never thought people actually wore them......

dsdsdfss.thumb.JPG.f11b51ebdfae32ed86c77

she's a starving artist yet her go to shoes are the yeezy 700. I also love how she takes the time to write out all of the makeup she used and her outfit but still can't credit the music because it's her PERSONAL playlist :(( and she doesn't want it to become popular since then it won't be special anymore :(((

edddd.thumb.JPG.c915ba685d8ed2163a4a43b4

i also hate this clip because she put this blinding white ghost as a jump scare right after a black screen

Edited by puppup

Posted

sdfsdfssdc.thumb.JPG.0dd887b014a1a34d512

I've seen this hat in stores like forever 21 but i never thought people actually wore them......

dsdsdfss.thumb.JPG.f11b51ebdfae32ed86c77

she's a starving artist yet her go to shoes are the yeezy 700. I also love how she takes the time to write out all of the makeup she used and her outfit but still can't credit the music because it's her PERSONAL playlist :(( and she doesn't want it to become popular since then it won't be special anymore :(((

Hidden Content

I assume she only does that because the links probably make revenue for her

Posted

After I heard of the drama I went to watch some of Cocosori's videos (years after realised they were the girls from the broccoli weird video) and damn Sori is so driven while Coco..well. 

Found this in a reddit thread https://streamable.com/lwxg7 Basically is a response to people asking her to stream Sori's ''Touch''. Okay but like I don't see her actively looking out for a nice song, even writing one. Or even recording covers like Sori does. I mean Sori is not my fave artist of course but seeing how happy she is doing it makes me like her. I wonder if Coco got a showcase she's have many people go to it? Sori now is at the stage Exid was maybe before they got famous.

Posted

After I heard of the drama I went to watch some of Cocosori's videos (years after realised they were the girls from the broccoli weird video) and damn Sori is so driven while Coco..well. 

Found this in a reddit thread https://streamable.com/lwxg7 Basically is a response to people asking her to stream Sori's ''Touch''. Okay but like I don't see her actively looking out for a nice song, even writing one. Or even recording covers like Sori does. I mean Sori is not my fave artist of course but seeing how happy she is doing it makes me like her. I wonder if Coco got a showcase she's have many people go to it? Sori now is at the stage Exid was maybe before they got famous.

oh wow she looks her age in that stream, without all the editing and makeup. so much venom in her voice whenever she talks about Sori aka her

Posted

Lmaoooo coco rlly looking haggard in that livestream 

Posted (edited)

Holy fuck she looks sooooooo different! I'm not even trying to do her dirty, this us just how she looks in that clip. Is this her bare face? If she did her makeup without the circle lens, maybe Coco would look normal for once.  

Screen Shot 2019-01-07 at 8.56.13 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-07 at 9.04.43 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-07 at 9.05.04 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-01-07 at 9.04.08 PM.png

Edited by throwingawayyouth
added more screenshots

Posted

Holy fuck she looks sooooooo different! I'm not even trying to do her dirty, this us just how she looks in that clip. Is this her bare face? If she did her makeup without the circle lens, maybe Coco would look normal for once.  

Screen Shot 2019-01-07 at 8.56.13 PM.png

LOL it's like her eyes went 2 sizes down. its actually crazy. 

Posted

Man she is so shady lol.

I didn't even get a showcase for MY debut. lol. 

Posted

Also no idea why pull didnt do the youtube video viewer thing to show it was coco big marvel video.  

To show the actual YouTube video here, you need to select Insert other media > Insert image from URL, then copy and paste the YouTube link there. The other poster just copy and pasted the raw link here which is why it just showed up as a link.

Posted (edited)

Here's that stream clip transcribed for anyone who can't or doesn't want to watch:

"I haven't been supporting her promotions because she's getting a lot of help from the company while I'm not, on the other hand. You can really tell that I could be seen as getting a lot more freedom by, you know, going on stream for you guys, editing and releasing all my YouTube videos. I have full control over my YouTube, but it could be seen in a good way, like a 'freedom', but it's actually because her YouTube channel is all made, edited, uploaded, taken care of, by the company and, um, I don't know, yeah. So, that's the reason why I haven't really been talking about her, because I can't really fake being okay, and she keeps talking about me in her videos and on her, like, showcase. I didn't even get a showcase for my debut."

There's so many things wrong with what she said. If Coco really cared about Sori, despite disputes with the company, she still would have supported Sori's debut as a groupmate and a friend. She's so clearly jealous of Sori getting more attention than her. About her not getting a showcase, wouldn't that have cost quite a bit of money to do, given you'd probably need to rent a venue? Just me theorising, but I remember reading early in the thread that a lot of the money that was raised for her debut was used and therefore the company probably didn't have anything left to actually have a showcase for her. Or maybe she just wasn't popular enough, who knows. (Edit: I forgot Wishy Washy existed and assumed Sugar Cake was her debut lol. I know SC was funded by a kickstarter and a lot of the money was spent on getting the choreo and other stuff, but I'm unsure if WW also was or was paid for by the company. Either way my point about lacking money stands, Mole are a small company and their need for a kickstarter in the first place suggests they wouldn't be able to afford a showcase.) One of the other things that irritated me is that she kept making air quotes around "freedom" as if her being able to run her own channel and make her own content wasn't something special, when other idols will probably not have the opportunity to do that. She is lucky in that sense, whether she wants to admit it or not. 

Edited by noveltyoak

Posted

She said she never dissed Sori but with the tone she used to talk about ""her"" she doesn't have to.

If you feel slighted in the way you are treated compared to another coworker, idk maybe take it to the... company itself? Not said coworker who has basically not a say in anything.

The way she talks about the events, it's like Sori is some kind of overlord who did her dirty at every turn lol. If I didn't know who's who, I'd think she's talking about her nemesis since 5th grade.