• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.

242 posts in this topic

Posted

Did we ever find out why exactly she all of a sudden decided to distance herself so much from the korean youtube videos? 

Posted (edited)

Did we ever find out why exactly she all of a sudden decided to distance herself so much from the korean youtube videos? 

I don't know for sure, but seems like:

1/  she was burnt out on Korea in general. Around the time she was moving back to the U.S. she announced she'd stop making Korea-focused videos. A few times before that she made a similar announcement about killing all Korea content, because she probably felt self-conscious about being called a Koreaboo, but she didn't really stick to it then.

:happee:

But there was no reason to stop with the Korea stuff then, because she was still living in Busan. So, it's reasonable to talk about stuff going on where you live.

2/  when she hid all her Korea videos, that happened immediately after PULL noticed the drop in her viewership stats for her new non-Korea videos. In one of her videos, she talked about being embarrassed that her channel wasn't getting as many views. So, it might be a coincidence. But I speculate she read the thread here, got extra self-conscious about something she was already self-cringing over. And she made the bone-headed decision to hide what's probably the only thing (old videos) still dropping coins into her purse.

She has an overinflated expectation of what her new videos will attract - at this point. Her new videos were still getting views that exceeded a lot of current Korea vloggers.

Starting a new channel from scratch is gonna hurt her chances of success. Especially since this new channel is still a character searching for a scene. If she posted her newest videos on her old channel, she'd be getting a lot more views. She needs to get over the fact her old videos got way more views than her new ones. That's not a good enough reason to handicap herself the way she's doing. If she wants a chance to build up her viewership again, then this new channel makes that exponentially more difficult. And seriously, if she doesn't know what to post, she shouldn't pressure herself to post. Wait until she has something meaningful to say/do and then make the video.

i dont wanna be mean but who told Lala that shes entertaining/interesting enough to become a yt celeb?
i know she doesnt want to accept it, but hun, the only reason you ever reached high views/sub count was bc of korean content lol.

ummmmm  *raises hand sheepishly* :anime:

I never thought of her as a "celeb." nor as even a potential one - even if it's just youtube. Blechhh. But I posted some encouraging words here.  But her newest video where she talks about *who* she is - the girl who got offered sponsored boob jobs and trips to Singapore - and therefore she couldn't work an office job. Oh Lordy. Girl, catch your head. :phftt:

If she really wants to make a working income from youtube, she needs to shed all that ego bullshit. It's leading her to self-sabotage: make bad business decision out of hyperreactive emotions. Like deleting her original instagram and not building off her original high-subscriber count channel.

Oh well, her life.

Edited by SeaGrape

Posted (edited)

After watching her new video on the new channel it's clear this girl is not built for YouTube. You can't get a job because you had sponsor offers? There's being confident and then there's being cocky and that cocky attitude mixed with the inability to see that you're butchering yourself is why Kennie J.D is still thriving. Remember when you threw shade and about you having more subs? Well look who has more views.

tumblr_p2loetMOZU1qk7scno1_400.gif

No one likes someone who has a better than you attitude especially when they have nothing to back it up with. Also no one cares about skits anymore unless they're on instagram sweetheart. That era on YouTube ended in 2013 and there's a reason no one really does them anymore. Go back to building board and try again. 

Also in "How I came back to Youtube" video it's clear she's talking bout PULL in her whole negative comments but...are we wrong though? I guess.. and I'ma need these black women on YT(dont come from me Im black) to stop wearing wigs and not slicking their edges to match the wig texture. 

Edited by Pervette

Posted (edited)

When Korea/Japan youtubers try to transition to regular videos the followers stop watching. They only subbed for Korea content and they know this.

Edited by cocochi

Posted

I personally don't wanna watch this

But if anyone wants to watch and break it down

https://youtu.be/tvEOvGErNJ0

2 cringe 4 me

Posted

I personally don't wanna watch this

But if anyone wants to watch and break it down

https://youtu.be/tvEOvGErNJ0

Terrible "comedy" acting. Couldn't get past the first 10 seconds.

Posted (edited)

This is pure cringe. I bet she will go back to her old channel. I can't watch her videos. She is always swearing and why is she so damn loud. Is that suppose to be funny? 

Edited by Kwaix

Posted (edited)

:alpacacrush:

Edited by Summerset
nma

Posted (edited)

I give it a month b4 she realizes this is a dead end/its going take a yearsss before she can build a viewship that rivals the one she had when she was making Korea based content and she either goes back to her old channel or gets a job

Relate hardcore. I couldn't, I just closed it off. Oh well.

what i hate about it the most is that, whatever that the skit is corny but she's too lazy to move from ur desk. She couldnt set up a backdrop or film in an area that suits the story. If this is gonna be her full time job Im gonna have to see more effort

Edited by ThisIsAmerica

Posted

She seems to have doubled her subscribers in a week. Will be interesting to see if how much and fast it continues to grow by.

Posted

All her korea videos are back up again or had she hidden a lot of them?

Posted

Am I the only one who doubt her personality is enough for her followers to stay? I don't know if I'm just easily irritable rn but that voice? Like nails on a chalkboard.

Posted (edited)

:alpacacrush:

Edited by Summerset
nma

Posted

i just came to see what happened to her lol and i guess this is it!

pebbles as we know is a hot mess and loves the attention, i think lala is too but as a black woman who actually lived in korea i think she’s exhausted. she wants a new life, a fresh start and to be seen as a full person rather than just a kboo queen the way pebbles seems to like.

so i totally get the frustration, i also think maybe lala isn’t used to being a somewhat public figure, she drops out of sight a lot for someone in the early stages of a career. which is fine but maybe this isn’t really the life for her? that being said she’s definitely funny and charming when she wants to be but she needs to put in the work to develop her ideas. like research, practice and learn. its ok to make mistakes but i think she needs a break to figure herself out