• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

simply_kenna [Thread 2]

7922 posts in this topic

Posted

just a question, but when did she say she wanted to model in japan? because i don’t recall her saying/mentioning modelling, but i could be wrong. 

also, i wonder if going to japan for a month (which is a long time to spend outside of your comfort zone) will change anything for her as a person. like tekanna mentioned, i do really hope it will leave a positive change! 

Posted

just a question, but when did she say she wanted to model in japan? because i don’t recall her saying/mentioning modelling, but i could be wrong. 

also, i wonder if going to japan for a month (which is a long time to spend outside of your comfort zone) will change anything for her as a person. like tekanna mentioned, i do really hope it will leave a positive change! 

IMG_1931.thumb.JPG.141a238d0e79241411a74
next time just use google "simply_kenna model" (if needed at pretty ugly little liars)

Posted

next time just use google "simply_kenna model" (if needed at pretty ugly little liars)

extended visa or buying a house in California. Which one is it going to be kenna. 

Her trying to be a jvlogger is much more plausable than a model and infinitely more amusing tbh. I'm having Mira flashbacks.

Posted

She isn't gonna change until she becomes aware of herself, she still is gonna watch anime and do nothing like her Japan Vlogs. Kendra needs some reality check made by someone like her family or friends, but none of them cares enough to tell her in her face, they just accepted her.  Maybe being alone will make her realize that life isn't that easy and that being a brat is gonna take her nowhere.

Posted

A tourist visa is 90 days though? So she could definitely stay longer than a month if she wanted to.

Also, I would'nt say that travelling in a country for a month is "living there". That's just an extended trip, not a new life in Japan. For someone who claim to be writing a book, not knowing the difference between 'living in a country' and 'visiting a country' is kinda worrying imo. Unless she wants to live the japanese dream and convince herself that she gonna be the simply_kawaii_model_queen soon and win a working visa with her 4"11 smol body.

Posted

I think she'll go to Japan with her absurdly high expectations, have them let down, and end up taking something valuable from the unpleasant experience. In other words, I do think it'll change her, even if just a little.

Posted

I actually think one month is not enough to destroy her expectations and picturesque imagination of Japan. If wanted one can stay in the "Japan is great" bubble for quite some time - especially when traveling. 

Getting to know the country and its society (in other words getting in touch and interact with everyday life people), university, especially work life etc. , trying to build up a life is when the bubble bursts in my opinion. 

I can't imagine her doing that

Posted

I've been lurking PULL for a really long time now, but clearly the "I"m moving to Japan" and "modelling" thing took the cake for me, so here we are. 

Like everyone has stated already, going to a country for one month is not "living," it's literally an extended holiday. Stop using words like "I'm moving" or "I'm living in" to make it sound like your life is fucking fancy, Kenna. You're visiting Japan for a month and it'll be over before you know it, you won't even get many things done in comparison to if you ACTUALLY lived there for six months to a year and beyond.

Also, I've seen foreign models flop. Ones that are like Kenna, at least. Kenna is pretty? Yes, not outstanding to a model level but yes. Can Kenna be a model in Japan? Probably. But for who? PopTeen? No way. At most she'll probably be modelling for a supermarket or a retail store downtown or an online Japanese store even (maybe something of quality to Rakuten, lmao). If she's as tiny as she says she is, she won't really get much opportunities either. 

I can tell she has high expectations at the moment about all of this, but Japan is already filled with plenty of models that are JAPANESE. They're popular with hundreds and thousands of followings, a new American model that can barely stand out isn't going to help her "career" go far.

In another sense, if she thinks she can assimilate into the same industry as a popular Japanese model, she should just stop there. Dakota made it into PopTeen after catfishing everybody, but now nobody cares about her. You already look like a fool most of the time, why do you keep trying to turn into a bigger one, Kenna?

Anyway, I'm so sick of this. There's no proper planning in her life. That's for her to worry about I suppose but I can't help but comment on how fucking stupid she looks thinking she can just do this and that and expect only the best.

Not to mention that she can't even speak any Japanese. Within the two days you land, I guarantee you'll have the biggest headache in your life, Kenna. 

Posted

I don't think Japan is going to change her. Sure, it's character-building to travel to foreign places alone, but she'll probably see this as one huge shopping/vlog weeb adventure. Just my impression, but if she does evolve for the better, good on her (sincerely). 

Agree. One month isn't enough to do anything. I wish it would, but it's easy to avoid the unpleasant things of Japan if you're there as a tourist and don't have to take care of anything. If she's staying in an AirBNB apartment again, the most uncomfortable thing she'll face is avoiding neighbours (which... might be difficult for her with her looks), buying foods and drinks regularly and the transportation system.

Completely different approach, actually I think this month might make it worse. She hasn't seen much of Japan yet, so it will evoke her weeb side all over again. Imagine her at Harajuku. Akihabara. Themed cafés (which are probably out of her comfort zone because Japanese). She's probably gonna spend all her time in the Disney parks, Akihabara and especially Ikebukuro.

I wish she would skip on the Disney parks this time though because they have the 35th anniversary and she doesn't deserve experiencing that...

Posted

Agree. One month isn't enough to do anything. I wish it would, but it's easy to avoid the unpleasant things of Japan if you're there as a tourist and don't have to take care of anything. If she's staying in an AirBNB apartment again, the most uncomfortable thing she'll face is avoiding neighbours (which... might be difficult for her with her looks), buying foods and drinks regularly and the transportation system.

Completely different approach, actually I think this month might make it worse. She hasn't seen much of Japan yet, so it will evoke her weeb side all over again. Imagine her at Harajuku. Akihabara. Themed cafés (which are probably out of her comfort zone because Japanese). She's probably gonna spend all her time in the Disney parks, Akihabara and especially Ikebukuro.

I wish she would skip on the Disney parks this time though because they have the 35th anniversary and she doesn't deserve experiencing that...

I thought there had been talk of her saying that she'd stay for one month and then for another three? I get your point though and considering how this is just the first go then yeah it might not yield any grand results, but still.

Posted

I thought there had been talk of her saying that she'd stay for one month and then for another three? I get your point though and considering how this is just the first go then yeah it might not yield any grand results, but still.

As far as I know she first wanted to stay for three months because that's the maximum she can stay without visa and then suddenly said she's staying a month this year. She never made it clear when she's going, where she's going or what her plans in general are (because she's reading here and saw that several people will in all kinds of corners of Japan in spring as well).

Posted

As far as I know she first wanted to stay for three months because that's the maximum she can stay without visa and then suddenly said she's staying a month this year. She never made it clear when she's going, where she's going or what her plans in general are (because she's reading here and saw that several people will in all kinds of corners of Japan in spring as well).

Aha, I see what you mean then. That's too bad. I was hoping that the extended stay of three months would do her good (in terms of maturity and growth) and teach her some things, but I guess one month could be a tiny little start... Oh well. I guess we'll find out. 

Posted

I won’t be surprised if she changes her plans and ends up not going at all. She’s lazy af. How’s the book going, K? 

Considering how much she hates traveling...