• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

simply_kenna [Thread 2]

7922 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hahaha, so let me get this straight, her stealing art, as in, someones hard work that they make profit off of, was "taken out of context" and a "misunderstanding", yet the buzzfeed article of her instagram photo, that have her and graces faces on it so its pretty unlikely anyone would assume is theirs, and that she isnt making profit off of whatsoever, now THAT needs credit. 

Not excusing buzzfeed, its just hilarious how much more minor of a situation she got herself in, yet THIS was something that needed to garner so much attention, whilst the art thing she continually swept under the rug lmao.

Edited by Pooh

Posted

I’m thinking either Grace and Kenna wrote it together, OR Kenna asked Grace to write it for her. Kenna probably posted it in her story so her fans will flock to go support the comment, but she wrote it under Grace’s name in the hopes that “haters”,who don’t follow her too closely but stumble upon that comment on buzzfeed, won’t realize it’s Kenna and won’t comment on her hypocrisy. 

Posted

Screenshot_20171029-181513_1.thumb.jpg.9I honestly want to believe her but she exaggerates so often.

Futurama_Fry_30102017015444.thumb.jpg.19

Posted (edited)

Also, what was it with her use of calling it a "shitty article" and a "shitty buzzfeed writer"? So uncalled for. How does she expect them to want to respond/credit with her putting up a childish show like this? Clearly this is more of an emotional issue revolving around her being called "unoriginal", and not about her not getting properly credited. Either that or she thinks she will somehow be validated by sensationalizing something that easily could have been dealt with professionally.

This girls career is seriously not going to last.

Edited by Pooh

Posted

it seriously just sounds like an employee thought she was a young girl even with the obvious dramatic change

C8C739C7-468E-4781-BE26-3E373E470D27.jpeg

Posted

Age appears to be a sensitive topic to her. 

Posted

Screenshot_20171029-181513_1.thumb.jpg.9

What a drama queen. I bet the real situation was probably like this -

Employee: "Are you looking for anything particular, miss?"
Kenna: "Yeah, but it's okay. I'm just gonna take a look around first."

Employee: "All right. Please feel free to ask us if you need help with anything."

In Kenna's mind: "OMG THIS GUY IS TRYING TO KIDNAP ME BECAUSE I DON'T AGE JUST LIKE PETER PAN :megusta:"

Posted

Honestly Kenna is just sensitive whenever somebody calls her unoriginal, good luck to buzzfeed for dealing with her fangirls.

By this rate were gonna have a 3rd thread by the end of the month :alpacawink:

Posted (edited)

Pretty sure if you want a tweet/post taken down from a Buzzfeed article all you have to do is ask - I always see disclaimers at the bottom saying that a post in one of their lists was inaccurate/asked to be taken down, so they did. Obviously Kenna just had to go off and be a massive bitch about it though. And if it were plagarism, (as if you could steal anything from Kenna when everything she does is unoriginal lmao) well, that's just karma, isn't it? :alpacaheadshake:

Edited by quadloop

Posted (edited)

Regarding the quote from Orwell’s Animal Farm.

i couldn't believe my own eyes, so I tracked it down. She literally thought this is about animals. Holy sheeeeeeet. 

294526_CB-93_C4-4489-_A29_C-_B487_A14340

How can you not understand the context of Animal Farm? She has to be the dumbest, most illiterate person I know. 

This can't be real holy shit

Also, re: the whole "neutral" thing...what exactly is she trying to claim? That she's apathetic, depressed, melancholic, psychopath, or just an asshole? I'm INTJ as well but that has nothing to do with whether you can be nice to other people...

Edited by chachaslideeunwoo

Posted

About the age thing, yeah it could have been creepy and the kidnapping comment is kind of iffy but it also could have been completely normal retail practice?? At this point I just have such doubt about any of these kinds of omg!!! people are obsessed with me but I'm too above it all !!! type stories that Kenna puts out.

I work in retail myself, and while my store doesn't personally have a policy to "shadow" customers, I know it's not unusual. In Lush for example?? The employees literally leap at you and then hover while you look around in case they can help or to try to push/promote a sale by engaging with you as a customer. The age thing again... if she's in line, I assume she was about to be served? The asking for her age could have just been because she was buying something with an age restriction. Like, here in the UK, we're not allowed to sell things like glue or silly string or stuff to under eighteens. I don't know if it's the same in the US, but I assume there are some age limits on what you can buy?

Posted

About the age thing, yeah it could have been creepy and the kidnapping comment is kind of iffy but it also could have been completely normal retail practice?? At this point I just have such doubt about any of these kinds of omg!!! people are obsessed with me but I'm too above it all !!! type stories that Kenna puts out.

I work in retail myself, and while my store doesn't personally have a policy to "shadow" customers, I know it's not unusual. In Lush for example?? The employees literally leap at you and then hover while you look around in case they can help or to try to push/promote a sale by engaging with you as a customer. The age thing again... if she's in line, I assume she was about to be served? The asking for her age could have just been because she was buying something with an age restriction. Like, here in the UK, we're not allowed to sell things like glue or silly string or stuff to under eighteens. I don't know if it's the same in the US, but I assume there are some age limits on what you can buy?

I agree, I think he was just making small talk and made a joke that sounds a bit creepy. If Kenna was offended I think she should have asked him to clarify a bit more just to put herself at ease. No need to post about it on Instagram before figuring out the intent behind it for sure. Not wanting to be that guy but I wonder if she would have felt the same if it was a female worker instead.

She seemed creeped out by the attention from the retail staff which got me thinking about whether she had any similar interactions whilst in Japan. Although she wasn't there for that long, when I visited Japan it was such a culture shock the way staff shadow customers and give it the charm offensive whilst selling things. I even went to a hair accessory store and the worker began to touch and style my hair even though I didn't express whether I was OK with him doing so or not. I know everyones experiences are different but it was something I noticed extensively during my stay so lord knows how Kenna would have reacted to it. xD Though suppose when a Japanese person does this it would be super cute and polite to her. 9_9

I wasn't creeped out because I knew it was innocent and just somebody trying really hard to sell something. Like I said just my personal experience.

Wow, some of her fans can be really horrible. She stated she has a large facial burn and the other girl just says "See, you're too insecure!" what exactly was she even supposedly dishing out? Just an opinion that was concerned for Kenna and written with no malice whatsoever with only some advice. Although I'm unsure as to whether that other users claims of her "trolling" is true, I doubt it based on the reaction this user gives over something as unassuming as this.

Posted

Hell hath no fury like a butthurt fan girl. 

They associate themselves so much with a celebrity that it becomes part of their identity, so any attack on their idol feels like an indirect attack on them. It’s just blind tribalism. 

It doesn’t help that most of her fans are children and “Peter Pan” adults.