1259 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

idk what i’ve missed but i’ll try to catch up lol! i gather pebbles is still on her bullshit? well...i mean the body image thing is startling in korea i think in part because it is very specific. here there is some leeway for women, so long as you’re pretty you can be “plus sized” whereas that is practically a crime in south korea. there’s also how detailed it is, like your nose and chin must be xyz to be beautiful not to mention the racist/colorist element among other things. if she thinks it’s bad for her, it must be a thousand times worse for korean women. 

she’s an immature delusional kboo who went over there expecting the red carpet treatment coz she’s foreign & her faves pretended to like some famous black women (let’s keep it real). it’s just fan service! doesn’t mean black women aren’t beautiful (we absolutely are) or men of other races don’t find us attractive it’s just that she needs to stop being desperate for validation from there.

she wants to be part of their culture so bad to the point where she’s willing to force these ashy foundation shades and bad wigs on herself thinking she will fit in and oppa will fall at her feet. it’s just......not realistic.

i think her self hate issues are just par for the course sadly. i’ve yet to see one of these girls who isn’t secretly miserable & think sk/an oppa will fix that. if pebbles wasn’t so stank i’d feel sorry for her but oh well.

i hope for her sake she stops worrying about trying to fit in somewhere that will never accept her the way she wants. she should just go out and have fun or go where she *is* wanted. 

I love the last line. That can be said about so many k-vloggers to be honest. Seems like there's this weird competition among them?

Like, I see some kv's that like WANT to be ~the image of a perfect foreigner accepted in korean society as one of them, but, you're not one of them, you're different and that's okay... Some kv's it seems like they want to be ~the prettiest, ~the most knowledgeable, ~the most assimilated (is that the right term?), ~the most woke, ~the one the oppas want the most, and other pathetic things. It's fucking weird. 

I mean the lack of non-asian/korean friends is so fucking alarming to be honest.

Have fun and enjoy learning about the culture/country/people/etc, but remember to quench your thirst and shit, it's not that hard. Very cringe.

Edited by givenchy

Posted

a couple weeks ago there was a korea culture festival that both kenniejd and lala were invited to but kennie canceled. I thought it was because it may have overlapped with her trip in korea but i believe she posted the returning from her korea trip before the event? i wonder if she canceled because she found out lala would be going.kenniejd.thumb.PNG.f0a02ce1ae069dd163299lala.thumb.PNG.112292f9d5543dcb59c331413

Posted (edited)

a couple weeks ago there was a korea culture festival that both kenniejd and lala were invited to but kennie canceled. I thought it was because it may have overlapped with her trip in korea but i believe she posted the returning from her korea trip before the event? i wonder if she canceled because she found out lala would be going.kenniejd.thumb.PNG.f0a02ce1ae069dd163299lala.thumb.PNG.112292f9d5543dcb59c331413

She's probably not going because she spent all of her money on ashy foundation, korean snacks, NB2 club admittance fees, love motels and korean cults 😂😂 Or maybe she met an oppa at a host club. she does seem that desperate to give a [Korean] man money to pretend to like her. I mean, it'll be a win-win situation. He gets paid, she gets to live in her k-drama fantasy of having a "Korean bf" alongside content for her videos. 

Edited by joohonie

Posted

Did this event happen already? Because i think kennie may have cancelled because she got invited to kcon

Posted

Did this event happen already? Because i think kennie may have cancelled because she got invited to kcon

possibly. it looks like the event was on August 4th

korea_fest.thumb.jpg.a7ce1d893646024e1db

Posted

I'm surprised she actually went to kcon considering she always acts as though kpop and kpop fans are beneath her

Posted

I'm surprised she actually went to kcon considering she always acts as though kpop and kpop fans are beneath her

according to her she was invited by stylenanda so she wasnt there to do anything pertaining to kpop...guess thats why she went🙄🙄🙄

Posted

I’m always surprised Kennie (and others like her) act like it’s the most horrible thing in the world to be a Koreaboo when this describes most of their fanbase. You’d think people would feel insulted but I guess they’re all the one fan that’s different and not ‘one of those kboos’. 

Posted

It's a shame she needs to go crazy with her speaking. I really enjoyed the content of her latest video of the beauty standards and how in the end it's just about that you're in terms with your own body.

But her way of talking... It wasn't a funny topic, why would she try to make her viewers laugh?

Posted (edited)

I'm really hesitant to watch this.... It looks like a vlog of her and some friends at Kcon maybe?

Also why do people call Kennie "pebbles"? I guess I'm too new here to know lol.

Edited by disappointedwitch
i don't know how to embed tweets

Posted

I'm really hesitant to watch this.... It looks like a vlog of her and some friends at Kcon maybe?

Also why do people call Kennie "pebbles"? I guess I'm too new here to know lol.

It's a MilesJai Vlog so it's just his vlog mostly. She's just there...She does a panel. She keeps trying to talk about Korea even though we all know the truth on that. 

Posted

Slightly OT but I feel like, at this point, is getting invited to Kcon a big deal anymore? Back when it first started, maybe. But now they seem to just invite anyone with a decent following. I've never been to Kcon tbh so maybe other people can tell me whether it's worth it or not, but I feel like K-POP in general is so oversaturated now that going would just feel really cringey to do. Not to mention, it's expensive as hell, so again, is it really worth paying a price for a panel full of....semi-famous...online personalities...?

Back to Kennie. She put Stylenanda on blast for using "blackface" in one of their ads, so I'm wondering if she'll ever work with them again, since I'm assuming she accepted the Kcon invite from them before the ad came out. If she accepted it after the fact then that just confirms she really doesn't give a fuck.  

Posted

Slightly OT but I feel like, at this point, is getting invited to Kcon a big deal anymore? Back when it first started, maybe. But now they seem to just invite anyone with a decent following. I've never been to Kcon tbh so maybe other people can tell me whether it's worth it or not, but I feel like K-POP in general is so oversaturated now that going would just feel really cringey to do. Not to mention, it's expensive as hell, so again, is it really worth paying a price for a panel full of....semi-famous...online personalities...?

Back to Kennie. She put Stylenanda on blast for using "blackface" in one of their ads, so I'm wondering if she'll ever work with them again, since I'm assuming she accepted the Kcon invite from them before the ad came out. If she accepted it after the fact then that just confirms she really doesn't give a fuck.  

she was invited by stylekorean not stylenanda. https://twitter.com/stylekoreanblog/status/1027386415762399232?s=19

Stylenanda has no affiliation with Kcon.

Posted

I don't think people were shocked that she was invited, it was more so her going because she always talks down about K-pop and considers people who listen to it but aren't fluent in Korean Koreaboos.