• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

1525 posts in this topic

Posted

(I'm kinda unearthing her thread but while I was binging oh no nina's videos YT recommended me her latest video for whatever reason...)

Is she trying to be Trin Lovell now that she's seen movies reviews are "in"? Her channel is all over the place I don't even get it anymore... I know we've complained a lot about Kennie being stuck but reviewing bad movies while putting on the same makeup as the last 10 times ain't it chief.

I was going to say something, but I felt like I was always the one speaking ish (even if it's true). xD 

That said, I think her channel isn't all over the place. Girl is doing exactly what she likes to do the most - talk and sound like she actually has something funny/interesting/groundbreaking to say. Doing bad movie reviews just allows her to continue to be a lazy YouTuber because 1. There are a plethora of bad movies that will just give her automatic videos. I mean, the fact that she did the most popular bad movie ("The Room") and "Sarah Burgess" just shows that she's not even being creative in her choices. I saw a preview of the "Sarah Burgess" one and she repeated a talking point that other two reviews said and 2. They are universally bad movies, so she doesn't have to really critically think about what makes good movies good.

Posted

(I'm kinda unearthing her thread but while I was binging oh no nina's videos YT recommended me her latest video for whatever reason...)

Is she trying to be Trin Lovell now that she's seen movies reviews are "in"? Her channel is all over the place I don't even get it anymore... I know we've complained a lot about Kennie being stuck but reviewing bad movies while putting on the same makeup as the last 10 times ain't it chief.

I actually prefer this series over her kboo pandering content. She seems more genuine discussing the movies and her criticism is interesting to listen to. Different strokes for different folks I guess 

Posted

I actually prefer this series over her kboo pandering content. She seems more genuine discussing the movies and her criticism is interesting to listen to. Different strokes for different folks I guess 

Maybe I didn't express myself properly but more than her channel being getting in "all directions" it's about the "oh she's doing this NOW because it's popular and may make her rake more views than her kboo content". It's outta left field. She's never express any interest in movies and their reviews, not even in a passing comment and I've seen A LOT of her videos where she goes on mini-rants about what she likes and all.

She's just doing this now to jump on a the bandwagon of "let's beat our face while talking about XYZ!" like Bailey Sarian (Sarain? However you spell her name) and her Makeup Mondays & Mysteries or so many commentary channels made by Youtubers, who were first only interested in beauty content.

More than the subject, that's the timing of that series which supposedly came out of nowhere (never did show an interest in anything like that) but is conveniently there now that reviews channels are a thing.

That's what made me raise an eyebrow and think "hmmm".

Posted

Initial thoughts: She's trying too hard to appeal to Dean.

she's trying too hard in general

Posted

So kendall dropped her EP. Mine is in Korean and English. I'm not sure how I feel about it after the first listen but am wondering what everyone else thinks.

https://open.spotify.com/album/1aHfavsvXSpQUjiNzCSrBb?si=pjcks9liT2Cb6p6IFQ7AKQ

I don't think it's bad, I'll say that much. For me, I think it's more that the beats are great and her singing is back-up rather than it being the main attraction. I listened to the EP before watching the listening party video, which I'm happy I did because the video just gave me different vibes. I was just distracted with the fact that she (in my opinion) acts like she's "not like other girls" that I can't just take the music for music.

Initial thoughts: She's trying too hard to appeal to Dean.

Dean, DPR and Christian Yu. I mean, she even mentioned that she would want Christian to direct her video because of his aesthetics. He does have nice aesthetics, don't get me wrong; however, it makes me question her realness with the artistry or appreciation for it... if that makes sense.

Posted

So kendall dropped her EP. Mine is in Korean and English. I'm not sure how I feel about it after the first listen but am wondering what everyone else thinks.

https://open.spotify.com/album/1aHfavsvXSpQUjiNzCSrBb?si=pjcks9liT2Cb6p6IFQ7AKQ

I actually like it. She's not the best singer, but my personal tastes lean towards soft rnb and it gives me those vibes. I give her props for a first dive into music-- it sounds like she put real effort into it. 

Posted (edited)

Dean, DPR and Christian Yu. I mean, she even mentioned that she would want Christian to direct her video because of his aesthetics. He does have nice aesthetics, don't get me wrong; however, it makes me question her realness with the artistry or appreciation for it... if that makes sense.

Since she can't physically BE Korean, this music career (or her signing certain songs in Korean) is just another way for her to live her k-boo fantasy and be involved with not just Korean people but famous Korean people :haiplz:

Edited by Rachel Amber

Posted

I don't know much about kpop or anything but as just a random listener I'm impressed! I watch her videos infrequently because she can be a bit too ridiculous for me but I think she did a great job with this music. 

Posted

lol why would she have a song in korean? she ain't korean and doesn't have a korean fanbase whatsoever so i guess a koreaboo jumped out

Posted

So Kennie moved into her own apartment:

She wanted a "two-bedroom apartment" because she needs a place to turn into an office for work (?)

Like... A YouTube office? Is it really her job now?

Posted

So Kennie moved into her own apartment:

She wanted a "two-bedroom apartment" because she needs a place to turn into an office for work (?)

Like... A YouTube office? Is it really her job now?

I started to watching and got reminded how she is "not like other girls"... like hardcore. There is no one I know that would live just about anywhere; they all have their checklist for the perfect place. I know somewhere that won't move anywhere without a washer/dryer unit in the place, which easily adds $600-$1000 onto the rental price. Not taking time to appreciate your accomplishments? I know a handful of people like that. You aren't that different from everyone else, Kendall!

It is her full-time job, though. I can't believe it, just because it doesnt seem like she's growing, but now it's making me rethink my choices in life... except not really.

We'll see if her quality (and innovation) will go up because I know she's used the excuse of her parents' place for not pushing out the content she has wanted to push.

Posted

I started to watching and got reminded how she is "not like other girls"... like hardcore. There is no one I know that would live just about anywhere; they all have their checklist for the perfect place. I know somewhere that won't move anywhere without a washer/dryer unit in the place, which easily adds $600-$1000 onto the rental price. Not taking time to appreciate your accomplishments? I know a handful of people like that. You aren't that different from everyone else, Kendall!

It is her full-time job, though. I can't believe it, just because it doesnt seem like she's growing, but now it's making me rethink my choices in life... except not really.

We'll see if her quality (and innovation) will go up because I know she's used the excuse of her parents' place for not pushing out the content she has wanted to push.

I won't hold my breath over any drastic change with her channel though.

She could always shop for ideas on her thread here, we've given her plenty of subjects she could talk about (and at the top of the list her damn skincare routine, not just GRWMs.) Or she could copy any YouTuber out there and churn out basic videos like "What I Eat in a Day" or weekly vlogs now that she's independent but... Even those take work and with Kennie there's like a 50/50 chance she won't even take the effort for such simple videos.

And yeah I kinda side-eyed her a bit at that whole "I JUST needed the apartment to be white, the kitchen to be like that and for no recent crime to have been committed there..." hm ok? And other things? Higher floor or not? What's in the neighborhood? The size of the bathroom and what kind of utilities? The budget...? Even people who are either short on money or time to find an apartment have a more extended list of requirement than she did...

Oh well, we'll see what she's doing from now on.

Posted

it wont lmao her whole brand has been built around her korea club story times.

kennie is not an interesting person so i give her 2-3 months of decoration/tour videos before she starts talking about visiting korea again