• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

1512 posts in this topic

Posted

TBH, I feel like people should have a part-time job while making Youtube videos. If they reach 1.5million subscribers with a lot of views then youtube can be their main job.

this is the thing, there are globally famous pop stars right now who get insane traffic on their social media but can’t translate that to sales.

this shit can’t be your be all and end all. i think being out in the world and having a real craft (even if that means studying marketing and getting involved with a company that might need you) is valuable. you can’t be on insta and have that as your sole income revenue. most of these girls even the top ones have their hands in other things. ig is already on a decline, are these people prepared for that? pebbles isn’t, i know that for a fact. 

like yall keep saying, she’s lazy and entitled. she won’t last

Posted

this is the thing, there are globally famous pop stars right now who get insane traffic on their social media but can’t translate that to sales.

this shit can’t be your be all and end all. i think being out in the world and having a real craft (even if that means studying marketing and getting involved with a company that might need you) is valuable. you can’t be on insta and have that as your sole income revenue. most of these girls even the top ones have their hands in other things. ig is already on a decline, are these people prepared for that? pebbles isn’t, i know that for a fact. 

like yall keep saying, she’s lazy and entitled. she won’t last

Yeah, she could have (for like the longest time) translated her 'knowledge' of Korean skincare into something profitable. But it requires work and original content. Kennie can't have that and is apparently happy to stew in mediocrity filming the same old shit in her Mom's house.

Heck, I don't like her no more but if she went and finally published a video about her skincare routine I'd watch it (I wouldn't give her ad revenue, but I'd watch it.)

Posted

Never posted on this thread, I was a casual viewer of hers after all. Havent seen a video is months, but today YouTube recommended me one of her videos for some reason. I still did not end up watching it, all her make up videos are boring to me as make up is not my thing. But I somehow ended up checking out her Instagram because I thought she moved to Korea already? Has she?

But the biggest thing that shocked me was... did she lose weight? Or in my head do I just remember her bigger than she actually was? (Not trying to shame her for her body, I don't have any opinions on it, just curious if she did.)

Posted

DF87841D-E0D6-4F40-BBF6-545946EF36D8.thu996E559E-6E2B-45AA-8AF9-197483F2DDB9.thu

Man, how embarrassing... 

I know that celebrities get all kinds of thirst from fans, but to basically have a mob of followers tag you and dip into your live streams (probably even dms) to bring attention to one person who thirsts? That’s next level... and desperate for attention. And, yet, it is entertaining because it’s just so sad. 

Posted

DF87841D-E0D6-4F40-BBF6-545946EF36D8.thu996E559E-6E2B-45AA-8AF9-197483F2DDB9.thu

Man, how embarrassing... 

I know that celebrities get all kinds of thirst from fans, but to basically have a mob of followers tag you and dip into your live streams (probably even dms) to bring attention to one person who thirsts? That’s next level... and desperate for attention. And, yet, it is entertaining because it’s just so sad. 

I'm sorry, what?

Posted

I'm sorry, what?

I don't know if I said something incorrectly or if it just that I put a screenshot with only one of her followers saying something in a live, so I'm going to assume it's the latter. It could be that it was never pointed out on other threads, so I'm sorry for just saying something with zero context. Basically, her followers have been tagging and @ing Christian Yu and others, trying to get Kennie attention - whether to maybe hook up or collaborate. I know a day or so ago Kennie talked about re-recordings one of her songs and wanting to collaborate with Dean or others; or it could have been her followers that said she could. I don't know. I can't remember.

Posted

I don't know if I said something incorrectly or if it just that I put a screenshot with only one of her followers saying something in a live, so I'm going to assume it's the latter. It could be that it was never pointed out on other threads, so I'm sorry for just saying something with zero context. Basically, her followers have been tagging and @ing Christian Yu and others, trying to get Kennie attention - whether to maybe hook up or collaborate. I know a day or so ago Kennie talked about re-recordings one of her songs and wanting to collaborate with Dean or others; or it could have been her followers that said she could. I don't know. I can't remember.

I'm sorry, I just meant like "excuse me, what in the world are they/she doing?!" 

This was a lot to digest lmao. How damn delusional can she possibly get? 

Collaborate with Dean? lol okay. 

Encouraging her fans to get famous Korean Celebs to notice her for what purpose? I mean this only makes it more clear that she just wants to date a hot Korean, rather than any one specific person/personality. Ugh, that just makes me feel so gross. 

Posted

collaborate with Dean???? Well nnow she lost her whole mind!!! What maes her tthink he or Christian would ever want to make anything with her??? Who does she think she is??

Posted

The saddest thing is that I recently watched her video on Glossier and I actually really liked her personality in it and was like oh man do I actually like Kennie??? But then she does shit like this and it's like no....I like the more curated, calmed down, Youtube version of her and then Twitter shows her whole truth. 

Her songs are not great to begin with, she is not a singer, and she has no connections to the Korean music industry, why oh why would she think a bigger name (versus some other Youtuber) would ever want to collab with her????? Seriously, it's so disappointing that she acts this immature and frankly stupid when it's clear she could be a normal, intelligent human being. 

Posted

Kennie....

tenorerter.thumb.png.11b675d5111c040a9b6

Posted

giphy.gif

That's so fucking embarrassing, her fans are so deluded and I'm pretty sure she pretends she's all cool but the reality is she revels in that dumb attention.

A mess.

(How old is she again? I think she isn't 25 yet right? Kennie, there's still time for you to quit wasting your time with Soundcould beats and do something with your YT channel and/or that degree of yours.)

Posted

collaborate with WHO??? DEAN?? LMFAOOO I’m sorry I’m literally floored by the fact that she thinks—

Posted (edited)

Man, how embarrassing... 

EDIT: If Kennie is letting her fans cater to her thirst for him: I hope she knows Christian (possibly) has a girlfriend. Someone found a post on Instagram that somewhat confirmed it (It hasn't been outright said by either party as far as I know, but the girl openly has stuff about him on her profile that kinda suggests it and it's public...so I'm guessing he's okay with people knowing? Idk if they're still together. I don't snoop like that tbh, I just saw the fan post on my explore page and people connected the obvious dots). The fans that happened to find it are happy for them so she needs to chill. 

SECOND EDIT: The lady called him her friend recently, which could very well be true, but fans are still speculating because she called him a pet name in a video and they go out together. Obviously many best friends do this, and girls can be just friends with guys. But I'd still be careful since it may just be a way to cover up something deeper? Whatever the case, even if I had many followers, I just wouldn't make a move on anyone unless I knew them personally tbh and if Kennie is letting her fans bother him for shipping purposes then that's annoying regardless. Even if it wasn't Kennie towards Christian; if it was anybody. If she were to slide in his DMs that would be one thing, but fans being "wingmen" have always been a bothersome approach imo. Some people find it cute but, I just don't. 

Edited by cocoaqueen

Posted

(I'm kinda unearthing her thread but while I was binging oh no nina's videos YT recommended me her latest video for whatever reason...)

Is she trying to be Trin Lovell now that she's seen movies reviews are "in"? Her channel is all over the place I don't even get it anymore... I know we've complained a lot about Kennie being stuck but reviewing bad movies while putting on the same makeup as the last 10 times ain't it chief.