Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

post Being able to see edited post

3 posts in this topic

Posted

I think there should be a way to see an edited post like you can on Facebook. For an example, if I made a post and change something if another user wanted to see what i said before all they had to do is click the 'edited' button.

I think this would be good for when you come across and old thread and a sockpuppet edited out all of their post and you're stuck wondering wtf they said. But they usually do that to cover their tracks so if someone ever did google their name the fan wouldn't know that the sockpuppet was the actual person they're following. It seems like a p good idea i suppose. Just kinda tired of being late to the party really lol.

i'm not sure if this is even possible since of course FB has a different user enterface all together but i thought it wouldn't hurt to mention it.

Posted

While this would be helpful for sockpuppet posts that have been deleted, there are certain cases where personal information has been revealed in a post so it has to be censored. There have been some cases where part of the post was fine but they revealed information about either a family member/friend/too personal information about a snowflake so the rest can stay up but the personal information must be hidden. 

If there are ever threads where a sockpuppet seemingly deleted their messages, you can send me or another mod a message to restore the post. In cases like that the post should definitely be visible.  

Posted

While this would be helpful for sockpuppet posts that have been deleted, there are certain cases where personal information has been revealed in a post so it has to be censored. There have been some cases where part of the post was fine but they revealed information about either a family member/friend/too personal information about a snowflake so the rest can stay up but the personal information must be hidden. 

If there are ever threads where a sockpuppet seemingly deleted their messages, you can send me or another mod a message to restore the post. In cases like that the post should definitely be visible.  

Oh okay, I didn't know that, that was an option!