• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

89 posts in this topic

Posted

I always love your posts.

Thank you, I try to keep the luls alive

Posted

Idk man even if i have a spanish blood i dont brag it i simply said i M a filo bc doesnt matter and that is where i came from. I dont understand the hype of being a halfa??? :c like does it make u  cool?

Posted

lol, that "filipino beauty standard" makeup is just red lips, thin eyebrows, and eyelashes??? it's the same as literally old makeup looks from the world. I wouldn't have made this comment if she wasn't claiming it as a cultural/"proud of my culture :)))!!!" thing. There's nothing about Filipino culture in this makeup look.

sorry for the mini rant

Posted

Idk man even if i have a spanish blood i dont brag it i simply said i M a filo bc doesnt matter and that is where i came from. I dont understand the hype of being a halfa??? :c like does it make u  cool?

I think it's more about being underrepresented. Like it's always white vs black, BUT some people just use it as a way to get creds for being "exotic" (we aint pets)

Posted

This is from what a few people had told me, but they wish to remain anonymous: Apparently she's been thinking about wearing a cheongsam to homecoming. She mentioned she's part Chinese as an excuse to wear the cheongsam, but then she mentioned that she's full Filipino? She also made some other excuses which included:

-She's not Chinese but she's Asian

-Her boyfriend is black/Chinese/mexican

-Her boyfriend's mom has Chinese blood and gave her the cheongsam as a gift

-China is connected to the Philippines

-She wants to add more representation (but why does she feel the need to wear a cheongsam if it's for the purpose of representation? Why not wear her own traditional clothing from her Filipino culture that she apparently embraces and loves oh so much?)

At this point, it looks like she's just trying to look for validation so she can wear the cheongsam to homecoming to please her own aesthetic and fashion.

I have several screenshots, but for anonymity reasons, I'll only be posting one of them.

Judging from the screenshot, it's clear that julolaes cares more about how she's afraid of receiving hate rather than actually making sure she's respecting a culture.

IMG_4421.JPG

Posted (edited)

Being Asian isn't a trend tf

I think OP implied that a lot of these Asian IG'ers are pulling the woke tumblr POC card in order to gain a bit of popularity and 'good credit' only to move onto these specific (and damn accurate) aesthetics to become a half assed famous instagrammer. Because that's definitely how a lot of these Asian girls rose to fame. They first acted like the biggest victims on tumblr and screamed about hell and war and racism only to suddenly turn into this edgy peace lover on instagram because sj isn't considered cool on ig lol. *cough* Junie, Ellen, Malissa, Asiangirlsunited, Annie *cough*

Edited by saltycookie

Posted

I think OP implied that a lot of these Asian IG'ers are pulling the woke tumblr POC card in order to gain a bit of popularity and 'good credit' only to move onto these specific (and damn accurate) aesthetics to become a half assed famous instagrammer. Because that's definitely how a lot of these Asian girls rose to fame. They first acted like the biggest victims on tumblr and screamed about hell and war and racism only to suddenly turn into this edgy peace lover on instagram because sj isn't considered cool on ig lol. *cough* Junie, Ellen, Malissa, Asiangirlsunited, Annie *cough*

I definitely agree with what you said. The way the OP worded it probably led to a misunderstanding, but you explained it well! I really don't mind if Asians try to speak upon asian racism and the struggles that they face. There are instagrammers I know that are actually educated on these issues. What I don't appreciate is when these famous instagrammers use that to their advantage and pretend to act "woke" when really it's just a way for them to earn followers from bandwagonning 14 year olds. Most cases, these instagrammers aren't actually "woke." 

Posted

Dang,  I don't know about her wearing a qipao (cheongsam?) to homecoming. it's just really unessacary? like if Chinese people aren't really offended, or if they are, why wear it to homecoming just because your date is PART Chinese, it's not it's a specific event for Chinese tradition. I'm just confused 

Posted

The whole qipao/cheongsam thing bothers me  (if she's actually not Chinese) bc it enforces the idiotic stereotype/idea that "all Asians r the same !!11!" You can't pick and choose which Asian culture you want to partake in  

Posted

Just @ pullIMG_8706.thumb.PNG.21474e2bcc78b1cd61070

Posted

Just @ pullIMG_8706.thumb.PNG.21474e2bcc78b1cd61070

I hate how she has to like self advertise by putting her @ ... like it's already visible. Three times. She didn't have to add it again. 

Posted

This is from what a few people had told me, but they wish to remain anonymous: Apparently she's been thinking about wearing a cheongsam to homecoming. She mentioned she's part Chinese as an excuse to wear the cheongsam, but then she mentioned that she's full Filipino? She also made some other excuses which included:

-She's not Chinese but she's Asian

-Her boyfriend is black/Chinese/mexican

-Her boyfriend's mom has Chinese blood and gave her the cheongsam as a gift

-China is connected to the Philippines

-She wants to add more representation (but why does she feel the need to wear a cheongsam if it's for the purpose of representation? Why not wear her own traditional clothing from her Filipino culture that she apparently embraces and loves oh so much?)

At this point, it looks like she's just trying to look for validation so she can wear the cheongsam to homecoming to please her own aesthetic and fashion.

I have several screenshots, but for anonymity reasons, I'll only be posting one of them.

Judging from the screenshot, it's clear that julolaes cares more about how she's afraid of receiving hate rather than actually making sure she's respecting a culture.

IMG_4421.JPG

If she wanted to wear it she could say something along the lines of "I really want to wear a cheonsam but I don't want to be disrespectful or get hate for it" like I would understand that if it were about the national suits connecting to my ethnicity, but then again, we got those 1/7th this and 1/19th that 0.00003% all o dis. So sometimes I'm just like.. Don't go out the door even. 

Posted (edited)

I have a feeling that she's the really sensitive type (i am too lmao), but she needs to calm down. I don't think anyone here hates her or holds any grudges against her (she looks like a nice girl in fact), but she reaaaaly needs to chill tf out. just because somebody is trying to educate you in something you might lack at DOESN'T mean they're being rude or a "bully". she needs to get off the internet if she thinks this is bullying...lol

IMG_0007_2.thumb.jpg.e9513901361dd10106d

Edited by two-of-hearts

Posted

If she is afraid of receiving hate, shouldn't she respect a culture in order to not get any hate? In the original post, she also makes rape jokes(need proof of that though), which can cause people to hate her. I'm just wondering what type of logic she is using, or someone here can help explain the logic.