• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

89 posts in this topic

Posted

@julolaes is a Filipino instagrammer who has recently been going viral especially on the explore page mainly because of her twitter text posts. Her text posts are cringey and she seems to constantly preach about fake positivity and is fake woke just so she can earn clout. Her makeup isn't the best either and she often makes rape jokes. 

She seems uneducated with filipino beauty standards as well. She said that she was recreating the way filipina girls used to do their makeup and how it is a part of her culture although it seems she's replicating the universal red lip makeup look back in the 1900s, which was widely influenced by western makeup. 

Screen Shot 2017-09-25 at 10.01.51 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-09-25 at 10.01.59 PM.png

Posted

I nned these twitter posts on instagram tO STOP

even worse when someone posts a snapchat text bar over it then posts on fb

Posted

the same thing over and over again in my Instagram feed..I think these girls are realizing you can be ig famous if you do makeup and twitter textposts

Posted

LMAO I read her post clearly she doesnt know what the filipino standard beauty is and its really disappointing what actually is beautiful here in the Philippines.  Im tired of seeing asian ig girls booriingg 

Posted

"Clout"
Max-Greenfield-Disgusted.gif

Posted

"Clout"
Max-Greenfield-Disgusted.gif

I always love your posts.

Posted

Some more tea! She's stated before that she's full Filipino and now she's stated that she's Filipino/Samoan/White. She's also stated that she has Chinese blood before. What is the truth?

A bit off topic, but she gives me the vibe that she only mentions her ethnicity for the sake of clout just like those instagrammers who use "wokeness" for followers. Fake woke and fake deep. 

IMG_4389.JPG

Posted

Some more tea! She's stated before that she's full Filipino and now she's stated that she's Filipino/Samoan/White. She's also stated that she has Chinese blood before. What is the truth?

A bit off topic, but she gives me the vibe that she only mentions her ethnicity for the sake of clout just like those instagrammers who use "wokeness" for followers. Fake woke and fake deep. 

IMG_4389.JPG

lol maybe she wants to hop on the "i'm mixed!!!" "i'm DIFFERENT" bandwagon

Posted (edited)

Edited by *

Posted

These accounts are spreading like the plague 

Posted

Now all you need to be instafamous is being asian or part asian and there's different categories like the one who has straight eyebrows, wears colourful clothes, like bts, her captions are like "what do you guys eat today? <3" and makes a YouTube channel with Korean skincare videos. The edgy asian girl that wears black, her makeup is super messy, post photos of her tits, has short hair and her fashion icon is probably Kiko Mitzuhara +bonus: half white. The bratz asian girl with fake lips, bad eyebrows that take half of her face and make videos that are supposed to be funny. Or the calm Asian girl who loves nature, claims body positivity, is fake woke and wears 70's makeups.

I can see what you mean, but I have to disagree. I don't necessarily think that being asian makes someone instafamous. Race isn't a factor here. There are instagrammers like those that you described that aren't asian at all yet they're still instafamous.

Posted

ugh it's so annoying when people do that. i'm mixed but i don't feel the need to shove my ethnicity down people's throats all the time because no one cares. like being mixed is cool and all but you know what's cooler? being honest and letting your personality and style give you a cool aura rather than a bunch of genetics that were handed to you.

couldn't agree more because i'm also mixed myself

Posted

Now all you need to be instafamous is being asian or part asian and there's different categories like the one who has straight eyebrows, wears colourful clothes, like bts, her captions are like "what do you guys eat today? <3" and makes a YouTube channel with Korean skincare videos. The edgy asian girl that wears black, her makeup is super messy, post photos of her tits, has short hair and her fashion icon is probably Kiko Mitzuhara +bonus: half white. The bratz asian girl with fake lips, bad eyebrows that take half of her face and make videos that are supposed to be funny. Or the calm Asian girl who loves nature, claims body positivity, is fake woke and wears 70's makeups.

Being Asian isn't a trend tf