• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Sofia Ramazanova

46 posts in this topic

Posted

I haven't seen a post about her yet (but correct me if i'm wrong). 

But I saw today that this girl will be the first caucasian to debut as an idol in a group called 'O My Jewel'.

She is Israeli-Russian and not sure how old she is. 

Her insta

Screen_Shot_2017-09-23_at_22.57.22.thumb

Screen_Shot_2017-09-23_at_22.57.07.thumb

To me she looks a little 'gangnam unnie'ish but I don't know if it's just a little editing. However, I feel like her face has changed slightly over time so I would be surprised if she's had something done tbh. 

Posted

Hmm. Yeah the first white (?) idol, I think. I'm really not sure how I feel about her debuting in a kpop group. I am up for discussion of this though.

She does seem to have something done on her face? But regardless I don't think plastic surgery is bad.

Posted

She's not the first caucasian. Olivia from The Gloss was the first one officially.

I mean listen, if she has lived in Korea and knows Korean then sure why not? But if she came straight from Israel/Russia without knowing a WORD of Korean then wtf are you doing girl?

Oh as for her face, average at most. I have seen better looking girls.

Posted

She's not the first caucasian. Olivia from The Gloss was the first one officially.

I mean listen, if she has lived in Korea and knows Korean then sure why not? But if she came straight from Israel/Russia without knowing a WORD of Korean then wtf are you doing girl?

Oh as for her face, average at most. I have seen better looking girls.

Ah I don't really know about kpop groups so I didn't know about Olivia - but damn all these articles playing on the fact she's the 'first' and how 'revolutionary' it is *rolls eyes* 

Posted

Lol I keep seeing people post about her on ig and how 'white people can't stay in their lane', 'white people always stealing culture' etc.

I don't think it's bad that she's becoming part of a kpop group?? As long as they don't use her as the 'token white girl' or she doesn't disrespect the culture and knows and pronounces the language well, there shouldn't be an issue

Posted (edited)

she was the first to be announced,but the group never debuted officially.they only did covers and,on the way,the whole project fell apart.so yeah,she isn't the first white person in a korean group,but she may be the first to debut as an idol(im saying "may" because what happened to olivia could happen to her)

i really wonder how this goes.i mean olivia never debuted and the most recent example of a westerner in kpop(alexandra being added into rania),didnt go too well

Edited by Iiris

Posted (edited)

she does look very plastic??:/  her eyes look way too big and idk looks like she had something done to her jaw1506234688613.thumb.jpg.f9a55bf1cd79aff8

it's a no from me, i don't think this is right. she's not asian or even half asian..why doesn't she just debut in her own country...? tf

Edited by summerpeach

Posted

I wonder what her Korean sounds like, seems like she's pretty good at writing 

Posted

She is talking a bit of Korean here. Dunno how good it is, I can't speak it, but it sounds fine for me.

Posted

she does look very plastic??:/  her eyes look way too big and idk looks like she had something done to her jaw1506234688613.thumb.jpg.f9a55bf1cd79aff8

it's a no from me, i don't think this is right. she's not asian or even half asian..why doesn't she just debut in her own country...? tf

three words: beauty cam app

Posted (edited)

If she has the talent as a non korean and meets the standard the company set, knows the language and works as hard as the others, it is just fine. 

EDIT: her eyes are too edited tho, she already has bigger eyes and she isn't that pretty imo ...

Edited by M.I.A

Posted

She is talking a bit of Korean here. Dunno how good it is, I can't speak it, but it sounds fine for me.

It's hard to judge from that  one sentence. She does have a Russian accent in my opinion though. But that doesn't mean she can't be fluent. Watching her with the other girls she felt a little out of place? 

I don't think she is a worse dancer than the other girls. Maybe someone else can give a better judgement. Also looks like she is the rapper.

Posted

Honestly if she can speak korean fluently then she's set. The mistake these foreign idols do is not learning the language before they debut or at least a good amount of it. I noticed that when a foreigner knows how to speak the language, on shows, koreans are very interested in them and love it. 

Korea is slowly becoming more diverse and i'm here for it because things just have been ridiculous on race there not gonna lie. People need to realize the K in kpop is the language. Idol companies allowing foreigners to train and debut is proof. 

Posted

I think also the first Malyasian idol is set to debut to or already did? Some dude from Boys24 I think.

Her dancing looks on par with the rest of the girls and she had a slight accent with her Korean but honestly as said above if she speaks fluent Korean she's fine. 

Posted

Something that annoys me a little was that one article said she became apart of the group because she was a model who had an interest in singing and dancing. I feel like it's unfair for people who work their butt off to become apart of a group but she got in because she was just simply 'interested' :/ idk tho since we don't know the full story. Only time will tell ..