The origin of Taytortot?

8 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm curious if anyone knows where she came up with this nickname for her fans/merchandise. I seem to recall Taylor used to call her fans Taybears or something similar during the dolly phase. 

Has anyone actually clicked Taylor's hashtag #taytortot on Instagram? 

It seems the hashtag was actually started by a much larger Instagram celebrity called tayloralesia who has 1.6m followers. If you look through the #taytortot feed, the vast majority are for tayloralesia. 

It wouldn't surprise me if this was yet another attempt of Taylor to latch onto another's fame for followers/views.

Posted (edited)

It seems the hashtag was actually started by a much larger Instagram celebrity called tayloralesia who has 1.6m followers. If you look through the #taytortot feed, the vast majority are for tayloralesia.

Haha, are you serious? I'm glad I don't watch your videos anymore, Taylor. You're a wolf in sheep's clothing

Edited by Dinosaur
My computer's doing shit

Posted

Haha, are you serious? I'm glad I don't watch your videos anymore, Taylor. You're a wolf in sheep's clothing

Lmao she's probably just an idiot and didn't check to see if that name was already being used

Posted

I'm pretty sure someone called her a Taytertot here agggeeeesss before she claimed it

Posted

I'm going through her old videos (I miss the old Tay, or maybe I'm just growing more fond of her... Scary) and in the video "They Hated My Fashion" that was uploaded 18th of May 2017 she said "Taytortot family" around 6:21. I'm going to see if she mentions it earlier or if that one user in PULL was right and she took it from here.

Posted

I'm going through her old videos (I miss the old Tay, or maybe I'm just growing more fond of her... Scary) and in the video "They Hated My Fashion" that was uploaded 18th of May 2017 she said "Taytortot family" around 6:21. I'm going to see if she mentions it earlier or if that one user in PULL was right and she took it from here.

I'm pretty sure it was @AppleCrumble who said it

Posted

"taytortot" is a common nickname. "tatertot" "taters" "tots" etc are all very common nicknames amongst girls who share similar sounding names or a word-play history with potatos. not only for "taylor" girls but also for any name with "T" in it, can be word-played in, such as "katie" = "katertot" etc.

Posted

"taytortot" is a common nickname. "tatertot" "taters" "tots" etc are all very common nicknames amongst girls who share similar sounding names or a word-play history with potatos. not only for "taylor" girls but also for any name with "T" in it, can be word-played in, such as "katie" = "katertot" etc.

yes, this must definitely be the case for Taylor...