• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Taylor's merch

36 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

as it is widly discussed in other topics (and don't we all have comments to make about her merch!!) thought might be easier to browse if it had it's own topic?

201708292.thumb.jpg.52a8d3e3c14f008be84400898de8d48f.jpg

Edited by Ambie
insert pic

Posted

It's ugly af but maybe that's what appeals to 14 y/o's idk. I liked those designs one of the users here designed much better. I'm not in the market to buy Taylor merch ever but if I where I'd buy that cute Rosie phone case, just adorable!

Posted (edited)

Kinda reminds me of the stuff they sell at Forever 21, she's probably pretty influenced by them. I wonder what the quality of the clothes is like. I've had shitty pairs of leggings before and they were overall just terrible. Started pilling and got pretty thin to the point where they could easily rip. Also they made my body have like no shape. The funny thing is that these leggings actually were from Forever 21.

EDIT: checked the website where she's selling the clothes and this is what I found out about the leggings lol. I don't know much about fabrics and such but I guess these are "built to last" 9_9

tayleg.png

Edited by mugi
did some researchhhhhhh

Posted

those prices are ridiculously high considering her audience are young teens who still rely on their parents.. but regardless this looks like pajamas and i hope no sound teen girl will think of going out in such attire.. just embarrassing

Posted

those prices are ridiculously high considering her audience are young teens who still rely on their parents.. but regardless this looks like pajamas and i hope no sound teen girl will think of going out in such attire.. just embarrassing

young teens generally have most disposable income tho. Nothing to pay for (no rent/food/gas/car/school) but often have part time jobs or do chores/babysitting for money. At least that's how it is here. Look at beauty gurus, they earn a crap load of money from commision  when they sell something through their link/coupon code and their audiences are mostly teens.

Posted

Lmao $35 for something that looks like it has been bought at Walmart. 

Posted

Idk for someone whose a model you'd think she'd design something that wasn't horrendous. If she wasn't the maker she would never buy nor wear any of this. 

Posted

I haven't bothered to watch any of her videos during the summer. Did she make the taytortot thing up herself? I don't really get the point of her merch. I would prefer a cute phone case or laptop sticker, tbh.

Posted

Oh no she's planning to make more of those!

Posted

I haven't bothered to watch any of her videos during the summer. Did she make the taytortot thing up herself? I don't really get the point of her merch. I would prefer a cute phone case or laptop sticker, tbh.

It originated here on PULL. She was called a Taytortot from her face being puffed up by fillers.

Posted

how well do you guys think her merch ended up selling anyway? she said it had exceded their expectations, but the items were kinda pricey and shipping was also expensive.

Posted

Yeah they definitely seemed suuuuper pricey, but I guess if her target audience are teenagers they'll probably spend out for it?? Like, in my experience when I was a teenager I didn't really have any expenses to worry about now like rent/bills/etc. so if I wanted to drop £50 on merch or clothes then I could afford to do it. 

IDK how well it can have sold tho?? And saying it "exceeded their expectations" just sounds so vague lmao, like they could have just had a really low expectation of how many they were gonna sell in the first place.

Posted

I saw my friend had bought at least the t-shirt. I was like girl, no, whyyyyy. I really honestly love Taylor's fashion style so I think she has so much more potential! I guess her audience can be/is pretty young, so gimmicky shit like this sells. 

Posted

how well do you guys think her merch ended up selling anyway? she said it had exceded their expectations, but the items were kinda pricey and shipping was also expensive.

Everything is sold out! I don't really know anything about Taylor, but even if I was a devoted fan I wouldn't buy these. They aren't cute, honestly. I can see someone buying the shirt, maybe. But the pants? No thanks.

It's ugly af but maybe that's what appeals to 14 y/o's idk.

I don't think 14 year olds, maybe the "OMG so random XD" 10/11 year olds? I just can't imagine someone wanting those pants though.

Posted

Also sometimes fans might buy certain merch just because they want to support their favourite youtubbers not because they particularly like it.