• Announcements

• *NEW* PULL FAQ   07/11/20

Hello. It has been a long time coming, but we finally have a PULL FAQ! In this FAQ you may find answers to most commonly asked questions here on the site. Please make sure to read the FAQ before asking a question in the Site Feedback (formerly the "Make Your Voice Heard") subforum as chances are your question has already been answered. If it has not been answered, then feel free to ask your question within the thread or make a new one with your question. The FAQ can be found in 2 locations: The News & Announcements section and the Site Feedback section. We hope this helps current and new users. Thank you.

How to overcome shyness

3 posts in this topic

Posted

I've always been super shy and introverted and it's made life pretty difficult at times. I've always had very few friends and currently none at all because I can't talk to anyone unfamiliar and when I do I'm barely audible or turn bright red. I can't even go to shops or anything because I don't know what to say to the people at the checkout. Sometimes when I try to talk I open my mouth and I just can't get words to come out. It's gotten to the point where I rarely leave the house because being around crowds stresses me out, I just feel like everyone is staring at me and judging me or something so I avoid eye contact with everyone. Has anyone got any advice for overcoming this because I feel like I'm being held back in life and I just don't know what to do at this point.

OT: Sorry if this is posted in the wrong place, if it is better suited in another category feel free to move this thread.

Posted

Im going to take a piece of advice i once saw in a movie. every day or as often as possible go out side and sit on a bench or in a general waiting area and ask one person for the time. or just say hello to someone who sits beside you. and ask one person for one week then the week after that ask two and so on. and the idea is that as time passes it will be easier for you to speak to people. just take baby steps ^_^

Posted

i completely understand and sympathize w you since i used to be super shy in the same way too :alpacacrush:  

you've probably heard this a million times but letting go and not caring about what people think and say about you makes a big difference! it might sound hard to accept but eventually it'll sink in and make sense. even after learning this it's still hard to speak up at times but it's not stemming from shyness anymore. im rooting for you!!! :alpacaheadshake: