• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

mikan.mandarin

2305 posts in this topic

Posted

I've been in the position of not being stable enough to help a very unstable friend and it sucks. You always end up feeling worse for taking care of yourself before them, even though you have to. Even though you still help out however you can. 

Even so, all she had to say was "I'm already in touch with Venus." She doesn't owe us to say how much or little she feels she can do. (Beyond that, every bit of help is still help. A seemingly little thing can end up meaning a lot more in the end.) Her reaction gives me the impression she feels attacked by the people asking about Venus. I haven't seen any particularly accusatory comments, though. 

Posted (edited)

New video, basically a commented lookbook

Well with dark styles she looks actually her age with that cutesy clothing she just looks awkward or trying to play that 'cute innocent' girl/ teenager...n for the 2nd Lolita dress she tried on it could have looked off cuz she didn't erase that apple of hers on the chin,,, I feel most fashion vloggers go for that cutesy Harajuku style n it doesn't always work this could be cuz foreigners have a more matured face than Asain/Japanese girls?? 

Edited by missconspiracy101

Posted

Potentially uninformed comment but were the Japanese brand items she mentions getting thought Zenmarket subsidised by them or something?
She mentions several hundred dollars worth of stuff in the video and I found it interesting considering her ebegging habits. She says she's not into lolita fashion and the magic amulet dress could sell for ~$200 easily--which again, makes me confused how she could afford it in the first place.

Posted

I wasnt paying that much attention, but she borrowed some, and she did mention some second hand shop(s)

Posted

Potentially uninformed comment but were the Japanese brand items she mentions getting thought Zenmarket subsidised by them or something?
She mentions several hundred dollars worth of stuff in the video and I found it interesting considering her ebegging habits. She says she's not into lolita fashion and the magic amulet dress could sell for ~$200 easily--which again, makes me confused how she could afford it in the first place.

I imagine they probably gave her some store credit in exchange for the promotion. I wouldn't be surprised if she got all the Zenmarket items for free. 

Posted

I understand her frustration with Venus' fans reaching out to her all the time, but I don't get why she has to be so rude in her response. She seems capable of being nice and friendly (as shown in her previous few posts on PULL), but somehow always ends up being rude and whiney on Insta. :alpacafedup:

Posted

it's weird how she says she tried to get into lolita fashion when she was 16 but didn't caus of the community. Now it's more understandable since she got a promotion but there's no way she could save for Japan+ pay rent to her mom+ pay for nose surgery and at the same time afford lolita fashion with just a minimum job while being a student. Even if she bought secondhand or from indie brands that's just not realistic, she definitely got money from some outside sources

Posted (edited)

And don't forget without Venus she wouldn't be that well-known. 

Most of the darker alternative styles suit her very well. Dark and cute is more popular as pure lolita sweetness. She should stick to that in terms of popularity.

Edited by Veeja

Posted

Kind of unrelated: But Mikan has a brother?!

In her latest video she mentioned (for the first time?) she had a brother and I was kinda shocked, I always assumed she was an only child?

Posted

Kind of unrelated: But Mikan has a brother?!

In her latest video she mentioned (for the first time?) she had a brother and I was kinda shocked, I always assumed she was an only child?

Yes, she had her sister in law visit Japan a few months ago. Presumably she would need a sibling to have a sibling in law

Posted

Is it not exactly a similar situation to when Kenna took a photo a sleeping man? I don't care what he does, but she got his face without a blur or anything. She should know better than trespassing people's privacy. He may be taking the outer side because people like her are taking too much space on the pavement just for photo-taking

_20190327_185957.JPG

Posted

Is it not exactly a similar situation to when Kenna took a photo a sleeping man? I don't care what he does, but she got his face without a blur or anything. She should know better than trespassing people's privacy. He may be taking the outer side because people like her are taking too much space on the pavement just for photo-taking

_20190327_185957.JPG

To be fair he's so far away you can't really see his face. That's probably what she thought too. I wouldn't have blurred it either as I see no reason to.

Posted

To be fair he's so far away you can't really see his face. That's probably what she thought too. I wouldn't have blurred it either as I see no reason to.

i agree, also the difference is kenna took that picture intentionally while here it looks like he just happened to appear in camera range while this photo of mikan was being taken, so i wouldnt say its the same

Posted

And they're in a very public place, the street. 

Posted (edited)

_20190327_185957.JPG

honestly this is a stretch. I don’t see anything wrong with this, you can barely see the guys face he is so far away

Edited by Granola