• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

mikan.mandarin

1810 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

New video, basically a commented lookbook

Edited by someneko

Posted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0L2izhJRCY

New video, basically a commented lookbook

EDIT: Somehow it doesn't show up as a video.. help

"Insert other media" > "Inster img from url"

thats how i do it.

its an ok video, im not really a fan of lookbooks, but it would be more fun if she was walking through the video, not just standing.

Posted

Oh look another weeaboo in Japan going to school for a useless degree just so they can stay there on a student Visa then cry in 4 years when they can't get a job. Unless she can draw and has some talent other than putting together tacky cosplay outfits, going to a fashion school is pointless. 

Vocational schools are only 2 years, not 4. :) Bunka has a 3rd year advanced course but the typical degree is 2 years. And no, she won't find a job in fashion after that and without a BA in something the only visa she can get after graduating with Bunka is one in the fashion industry, specifically in the field she majored in. It's a pretty dumb move, better off going to uni here.

I'm sorry but you legit seem like you hate Vina PERSONALLY. I somewhat agree with you, in the sense that getting a job could be difficult but there are avenues for her to stay. She could probably get an entertainment Visa like Kenna is planning to do. I don't think going to fashion school is pointless for her at all. She's running a fashion account on instagram. Getting an education in it is beneficial to her. 

Entertainment visas for Youtubers is really not an option. It might be a grey area with Tokyo Creative and I really don't know how they are doing it...so perhaps...but I will eat my words if Kenna gets an entertainment visa. You need to prove 10 years of experience in your field for a visa like that, and a steady income of 250,000 yen per month or up. It's not going to happen.

The reason the poster was saying it's pointless is because she's really setting her options very small for a job afterwards; most people I know from Bunka work at karaoke parlors after graduation and never work in fashion.

I hope Mikan is able to move on from this. I don't see the issue of sex work per say... though it must be agitating at the thought of being found out especially when there is no clarity whether the posts will be removed from the forum itself...

I don't see anything wrong with sex work, I could NEVER do it but I think it's great that some others can. It lowers the incidence of rape, too, to have sex workers (that's why the incidence of rape in Japan is very low, you can pay for ANYTHING). However seeing the kind of boyfriend she has, maybe I'm wrong but he seems to look at her as this delicate little gaijin flower and if he finds out I really wonder if he'll be able to stay with her. A lot of guys here don't mind if girls prostitute themselves but a gaijin chaser like her boyfriend probably would.

this isnt about sex work, this is potentially ruining a young woman's chance at EDUCATION.

Sex work in Japan isn't really a taboo. It's mostly legal, they have S&M bars out in the open next to tourist hotels ffs. Do you know how many girls in fashion school have sugar daddies and brag about it? It's not taboo here at all. I was browsing apts the other day on a well known website and one building wrote in their titles "prostitutes OK". lol (not that they usually aren't but it can be hard to rent an apt when you have to show irregular income from sex work like that). She's not going to get kicked out of school because she did what most other girls in her class are doing, don't worry.

Posted

I thought her fashion sense improved since her outfits were less clashing than before and then I got to the one with the black sweater and i was like NOPE. She goes to bunka and can barely put out a coherent harajuku inspired look, just because harajuku fashion is over the top doesn't mean you can put anything together and expect it to look good

Posted

Holy shit I came back to this at the right time. Are ALL the J-vloggers sex workers/have a past with sex work in some way? Christ. It’s like a ring.

Posted

idk what to feel about this but jfc girl even if you tried your best and reach out to venus that doesn't mean you have to complain and post it on instagram. if you got a problem about venus' fans telling you to talk or check on her do it privately, not all the time you have to post your feelings out there like a fucking billboard.

Posted

idk what to feel about this but jfc girl even if you tried your best and reach out to venus that doesn't mean you have to complain and post it on instagram. if you got a problem about venus' fans telling you to talk or check on her do it privately, not all the time you have to post your feelings out there like a fucking billboard.

I feel this. I totally understand her feelings (and in some way, she IS right), but why the fuck would you say something like that on Insta? Aw, boohoo! A simple "I am talking to her, please don't contact me about it further" would have been sufficent. But oh no! Must throw in that I am also suffering 🤦

Posted (edited)

I feel this. I totally understand her feelings (and in some way, she IS right), but why the fuck would you say something like that on Insta? Aw, boohoo! A simple "I am talking to her, please don't contact me about it further" would have been sufficent. But oh no! Must throw in that I am also suffering 🤦

I agree! If she had posted just those first two dot points, it would have been fine. But once she started complaining about her own mental health, her argument lost credibility and she just sounded stupid. It made her look like she didn’t really care about the fact that Venus is suffering.

Edited by Cyrillic

Posted

Definitely… Also I am aware that Venus is public with mental struggles and how her behaviour differs online from time to time, but it doesn't serve a purpose to call her (mentally ill) in a complaining almost deprecating or uncaring manner. It was best to say that they contacted each other and working on it privately, because that sounded like she was forced to care and contact her and including that i am too looks more pretentious imo. Therapists aren't the one pillar of recovery or getting better. 

I agree! If she had posted just those first two dot points, it would have been fine. But once she started complaining about her own mental health, her argument lost credibility and she just sounded stupid. It made her look like she didn’t really care about the fact that Venus is suffering.

Posted

(What happened? I don't follow her)

Posted

(What happened? I don't follow her)

RPjBkBO.thumb.png.2e33acd65b05a4194016d65a91371419.png

Posted (edited)

``

Edited by tttttttttt
``

Posted

When your friend is feeling suicidal maybe try to take a tiny break from "ME ME ME ME" mikan, go on your goddamn instagram break and call it a day. I'm sure Venus' fans are annoying but one can ignore that - is the problem that they're commenting on her photos about Venus' mental health rather than mikan's 100th tacky outfit? Please. Her point is valid, just doesn't need to be posted ever so often and the way she goes about it is annoying - like I can't imagine one of my good friends making that kind of post in this situation at all or me caring about comments if my friend was suicidal/ comparing it with what I'm going through as if we're competing on who's more depressed 9_9 childish, whiny, self-centred girl.

I will not asume anything about you, your life and your past. I will not use my story or what to make my point. Now we are clear, I will use simple fact.

Being or having depression is an hard dealing, and when a friend of yours is dealing with a down episode of his/her depression when you have one too at the same period, it's really hard to help him/her.
It's even harder when a lot of people come and flood you with messages of what is happening to your friend and drag you down and assuming you are a bad friend who will let his/her friend die.
You can make things worse thannbetter because you are not in a good state of mind.

In the story, mikan don't compare or making a competition, she is juts saying she is down too and it's hard to help and focus at this moment. It's a pretty mature reaction to say "ok let me go up and then up my friend instead of drag her down because I am too". Of course she will try to help her but not as good as if she was in a good mind at this moment.
So she is feeling down with her depression, her friend too and she see it on instagram and then peolpe harassed her, and probably insult her or else, she feel worst and can't help venus and venus feel bad and guilty even more because of the fan reaction to her friend mikan.

I am not WK Mikan, it's the situation I am WK, cause I'm tired of people assuming because you are friends with someone you become her/his psy and hero. You can help yes, but if you feel down because of your depression most of the time you will drag down even more your friend. If she feel very worry for venus safety she will call the emergency cause she will know she can't help properly venus.
Depression is very large whatever you have lived never call a "day" cause you are assuming what someone you don't know feel. Depression come in many forms to many people, rich or poor. Spoiled or not spoiled. Smart or dumb.

Sorry for the long post and the weird structure (on my phone and big bug.. Why ? I don't know)