• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

mikan.mandarin

2572 posts in this topic

Posted

modern  feminism tells women by pretty much giving old men ownership of their  body and depending on men for money that it is "empowering" to them, when in reality that is the thing women have been trying to break free of for centuries. Sex working shouldn't be seen as empowering or good, it should be on the same level as someone working at McDonald's or cleaning toilets. People who do sex work should be seen as low tier/uneducated just like someone who works at taco bell not a independent empowerment queen.

I mean, I totally agree with you, but it isn't Mikan who's saying it's empowering -- she said she thought it would be easy and instead it was disgusting and degrading (and, in fact, NOT easy) so she stopped. So why the hate? Cuz she tried it? Because every guy who spits hate at sex workers is the first to admit that if he were female he'd try to make "easy" money by flashing is tits soooooooo. . . .

Posted

Great! I hope other users do as well, but you might want to edit this post as well since it also contains her last name

where? I looked over it and her last name is nowhere 

Posted (edited)

Wow. Now that is my kind of internet digging.

Im convince it's her, no shame but also it is misleading to say she worked for money to get to japan if in fact it was actually from kinky old men. So interesting though. 

Btw the quoted posts still have Vinas full name on it. I came later to this tea and her name is still visible.

Just thought I'd let you know.

Edit:

I hope Mikan is able to move on from this. I don't see the issue of sex work per say... though it must be agitating at the thought of being found out especially when there is no clarity whether the posts will be removed from the forum itself... I really sympathize though she should have been more careful, reckless on her part. It really sucks but people need to understand not everyone respects "sex workers" like any other worker especially conservative or religious families. So just because you have the intention of "normalizing sex work" by posting all this info about her on here doesn't necessarily help anything. I don't know her personally but you never know this could impact on her as she might have some people close to her that she doesn't want this info shown to.. I have done stupid mistakes myself on the internet which I know would have broken my already damaged relationship with my mum when I was a teen out of desperation.. So I can relate to her post.

I hope she is okay. 

Edited by Cocobell

Posted (edited)

but if most of us want the photos taken down, why shouldnt they be taken down?
if it was before instagram, wasn't she potentially underaged at the time? 
i understand its a gossip forum but this isnt a celebrity (she literally doesnt even have 1mil)... this could ruin a normal girls life who isnt even in the freaking snowflake section lol 

Edited by custard

Posted (edited)

but if most of us want the photos taken down, why shouldnt they be taken down?
if it was before instagram, wasn't she potentially underaged at the time? 
i understand its a gossip forum but this isnt a celebrity (she literally doesnt even have 1mil)... this could ruin a normal girls life who isnt even in the freaking snowflake section lol 

i kind of agree. I stopped reporting posts after mod said to, but after the post about how we are supposed to use the report function more, I'll admit I'm a tad confused. If users are saying they want this change, enough that a mod has to ask us to stop reporting it, maybe just listen to the userbase? There are still quotes with her personal info in them too. She came and asked nicely and I think the general feel of the thread here right now is to respect her wishes to at least get her full name off here and the lewds too. I'm aware we can't change our pasts, but can we really not let her move on from this?

Edited by pilea
Autocorrect got me

Posted

Hidden Content

I know, it’s a bit crazy. Like, WE are the ones who have been asking for them to be taken down - not just mikan. 

Posted

I think the most important things are already deleted. She regretted it and asked nicely for her name to be taken down, ok. But what if every girl with a thread on here comes on now and asks people to delete certain stuffbevause they regret what they did when they were not so popular? Then it’s not really a gossip forum anymore. 

Posted (edited)

I think the most important things are already deleted. She regretted it and asked nicely for her name to be taken down, ok. But what if every girl with a thread on here comes on now and asks people to delete certain stuffbevause they regret what they did when they were not so popular? Then it’s not really a gossip forum anymore. 

True, and I don't think anyone's saying delete the actual conversations, but again, there's still her full name visible in quotes. Mikan's been a bit different about this than most of the people who get talked about on here from what I've seen, too. Most people who get discussed don't come here to weigh in, defend themselves, let alone confirm details and clarify things. She stated reasons why she wants the lewds pulled down. She was pleasant with us, and clearly a bit shocked at how easy it was to find those details. (And again, are we sure she was 18+ in them?) Keep the convo for the receipts and all, but why can't we give her some respect here when she clearly gave us respect? 

And definitely the trend among snowflakes is to just get their fans to come at us here. I think there's a pretty obvious difference between your what if scenario and what has actually happened. I don't think that this would suddenly change this site into trash where snowflakes can dictate what information on them is being presented. Again, keep the convo, just could the mods maybe help remove some of the remnants in quotes and whatnot of her name in the least? We aren't being asked to forget it ever happened. Just to help protect her from being doxxed, stalked, etc. 

But, hey, just the few of us who support this side are being pretty vocal about it. I could be wrong with my impression that enough people were reporting and supporting this to annoy the mods, too. Either way, I'm just a user on the site, and I've absolutely had my say in this matter. I'll move on now I swear ha

editing to add in a point i wanted to make but forgot: just because the vast majority of our generation(s) are technologically literate, doesn't mean they all know everything about cyber security, and repercussions of what posting stuff can actually mean in "the real world." Yeah, she should've known better. Yeah, it seems silly to not be aware of these things in this day and age, but it 100% happens. Hopefully schools will have more assemblies/classes about this stuff in the future world-wide? 

Edited by pilea
added the bit about technological literacy

Posted

i get what you guys are saying and like i said, her names deleted and i think that’s already very kind from pull users because after all nobody here’s an emotionless monster who’s wishing anything bad to her, but I really think to delete everything because she fell some decisions that she’s regretting now? Then every other girl with a thread on pull had the same right to say: please delete my name when it comes to stuff I have done on the past because now I regret it. She has clarified the things and asked nicely, but keep in mind that it’s about something that she really don’t want people to see so of course she’s not coming here cursing at people and demanding us to delete stuff (that would be kinda contra productive). So yes I think if we start to delete everything then more and more girls will come on here and ask people to delete stuff from their past and things they just simply don’t want people to find. 

Posted (edited)

i get what you guys are saying and like i said, her names deleted and i think that’s already very kind from pull users because after all nobody here’s an emotionless monster who’s wishing anything bad to her, but I really think to delete everything because she fell some decisions that she’s regretting now? Then every other girl with a thread on pull had the same right to say: please delete my name when it comes to stuff I have done on the past because now I regret it. She has clarified the things and asked nicely, but keep in mind that it’s about something that she really don’t want people to see so of course she’s not coming here cursing at people and demanding us to delete stuff (that would be kinda contra productive). So yes I think if we start to delete everything then more and more girls will come on here and ask people to delete stuff from their past and things they just simply don’t want people to find. 

other people don't automatically get that right just because one does. I do believe mods take things very case-by-case, generally? I hope I've made it clear I understand this side of things, though. I don't think I have. But I'll iterate here, I get what you're saying too (: I just am of the belief that rules and standards can be upheld, but some cases might be exceptions, like this. I think there can be exceptions without having to change the site as a whole. OK i'm 100% going to stop weighing in on this. Regular mikan content to resume I hope!

Edited by pilea
changed my little note at the end from "ok i'm moving on now? srrryyy" to what it is now, which is conveying my point much clearer ha

Posted (edited)

I feel very strongly we should take down the pictures of her nudes. Even if she was 18 and posted them consensually I still feel very uncomfortable seeing them as I scroll through. Just having the screenshots of her account, and Mikan's own admission it was hers is enough proof that she did some sex work. That's ok. We can show it to new people and they can learn that. The actual pictures are not necessary for that evidence. 

When someone turns 18 they don't magically gain the maturity to understand the decision to put lewd pictures on the web. Just because it is legal doesn't mean we can justify keeping them there, there's enough evidence without them. If other  people want their pictures taken down it can be considered on a case-by-case basis.

Edited by Nope88
edit for typos!

Posted

There’s a difference between asking to delete posts about shitty behavior in order to avoid confronting your past issues and posts about things in your past that you did for money and because you were in a bad place, it’s not really the same thing and personally I find it mean to remind her of something like this, let alone the possibility of this ruining her future careers, I get gossip but this leaves a bad taste in my mouth 

its not that she sat here and denied it was her either.
its also not like shes a super famous celeb with thousands of dollars and career opportunities whether she has nudes or not.
she has like half a mil or less of followers and is relying on good relationships and a part time job to get her education...

this isnt about sex work, this is potentially ruining a young woman's chance at EDUCATION.
pretty sure most people would agree that thats fucked up. 
she did it before instagram. how was she supposed to know she would become somewhat well-known and have a forum about her back then?? theres absolutely no way...

Posted

where? I looked over it and her last name is nowhere 

You're right, it seems I can't read lol Sorry about that!

Posted

Before Mikan came to post here and explain, I still didn’t think that whatever money she made doing that was something her followers “had a right to know”. It’s clearly an old profile, and it doesn’t seem like she was pretending to work regular jobs but was secretly making bank doing only sex work instead. She’s talked about working lots of jobs to earn enough money for rent, her nose job, and the move to Japan. Honestly it seems weird to me that some people expect her to explicitly disclose “oh yeah and I also tried/did some findom/online sex work” as part of all that. Like.... we all know how that would be taken by the majority of the public. I’m not exactly a fan of hers but this is how I feel about if anyone was in that position.