• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

mikan.mandarin

2572 posts in this topic

Posted

I tried, it seems to be one of those websites where they have to approve any changes you make to your profile, so even though I tried removing the information it won't go away until like one of their mods approves it, I also tried that way of removing so at this point it's kind of a waiting game but I honestly don't have high hopes, just seems to be such a poorly managed site :(

And thank you! I'll try messaging a mod then! 

That's a bummer. I hope a mod will react soon and remove it!

Posted

The profile is down now.

Posted (edited)

i edited out the post i quoted that has her surname (she didn't want them shown and i understand her request about the surname so just that) bc i noticed that even if the original post is edited the one you quote won't.

Edited by blvck

Posted (edited)

honesty i think it’s a good thing that mikan didn’t talk about it. sex work is not as easy and safe as some people make it out to be and there’s not as much money as some people think. i think it would have been irresponsible to talk about it because it could convince others (mainly her younger audience) to pursue this line of work and i think a lot of influencers who do this work can sometimes gloss over the negative elements to make it seem more appealing or to justify why they do it.

also if you’re going to seriously talk about the pros and cons of certain types of sex work and give real insight that would probably require a video in and of itself with disclaimers and such , not to be tacked into a ‘how i saved up for japan!!’ video

Edited by punkfem

Posted (edited)

i edited out the post i quoted that has her surname (she didn't want them shown and i understand her request) bc i noticed that even if the original post is edited the one you quote won't.

yeah I've already edited mine too, but if it's possible maybe the mods should intervene in the removal 

Edited by AnnaBaggins
@droidm sorry about that quote, I can't remove it on mobile :(

Posted

Hey guys! I was informed of what was going on here and would like to come to clear some things up.

I want to first of all address that account - it was mine, I had a friend who was doing findom stuff and she said it's super easy and I was like "awesome cool easy way to make money". Bear in mind where I was at the time - severely unhappy in my living situation, depressed, I don't talk about it in a lot of detail because my mum follows my social media and I'm afraid if she gets mad at me she'll cut me off eg she won't receive letters from the bank for me anymore and I needed a lot of details from her to enter college here etc etc but I had a REALLY bad relationship with my mum I mean she didn't want kids in the first place and she had me at 17 so it was kind of doomed from the start, my dad lived in Sweden (with like a whole new family like it wasn't an option anymore) and I was DESPERATE to get out. I HATED working at McDonald's so I literally would have taken any way out (I think this is around the time I changed my job). I was also in a Facebook community where doing these things was SO normalised, to give you an example Belle Delphine was also from that community (hence why we follow each other). Nothing against Belle or anyone who does things like this it was just made out to be a lot more normal than it is and since I was in that community since like 13 it kind of skewed my perception of things like that. EVERYONE around me was a sex worker, so I thought it was normal. 

It actually turned out to be not so easy eg you have to actually make effort, what I found appealing about it is that my friend was like oh u don't even have to like send anything cause if they ask for something you just say they're beneath you and you wouldn't do anything for them blah blah blah anyway it made me feel icky and I hated talking to these men, gave it up and totally forgot about it (clearly even up until now). This was like before Instagram was a thing for me at all lol, it's not like I expected to become an Instagrammer so I didn't really care about using the name Mikan. Anyway, it was kind of just like "oh I just have to be mean to make money" and then when I realised that's not it I just stopped and forgot about it. I think around this time my IG was picking up too so I was like preoccupied with new things. But yeah, around that time I was trying all kinds of things to make money, I was really desperate to get out and I felt like the money I'd saved wouldn't be enough for Japan (it wasn't, hence why after college I worked a year full time). 

I don't really have any proof other than I guess just like, if it WAS successful and I did like doing it then there's no reason for me now to not do things like have a lewd Patreon etc, it's a pretty well accepted thing these days but it's not for me. (no shame to those who do like it tho like you do you) I just didn't like it, it made me feel icky somehow. 

To clear some things up, I did NOT meet Hiro on lang-8 lol I met him like November 2017 after moving to Japan and as my student (which in itself is pretty seedy so I feel like that's evidence that's not a lie).

About my nose job since people are curious, I did it through a clinic called Transform, they let you pay it over two years in £200-ish segments which is a lot more manageable than £4000 up front but was one of the reasons why I was SO broke when I first moved to Japan. The nose job is like meh tho so if you want a better one you should probably just save up in the first place but I really wanted it done and healed before Japan. 

And I lived in Old Woking which is like a 30-40 minute walk from Woking, mostly with my family cause the area was pretty dodgy so rent was cheap (and we also had like housing benefits), but my mum would kick me out so I'd go and live with other people all the time, so I kind of lived on and off at home.

I'm trying to get the account taken down (seems like you can't??) so that's something, one thing I'm asking is if you could PLEASE take my last name down off any posts that have been made, my name is SO unique and especially since the stalking incident I'm SO paranoid of getting found/being stalked etc. I made a LOT of effort to keep my last name private, I would really really appreciate it.

And like, honestly thanks for finding it because it's better it's found now than later and I can actually do something about it. I totally forgot it even existed, so thanks. 

Hello Mikan!

Out of respect, I have censored and removed any information from my original post (since I was the one who dug all the stuff up) that might result in readers discovering your full name or your mom somehow finding it.

A lot of this information was easily found through Google only, so I suggest that if you don't want people discovering private information, you go and change old usernames while you can, take down accounts, etc and be more careful next time around. The user who found your collarspace account literally found it by Googling "mikan vina" and surely enough, when I tested it, it was true:

Screenshot_42.thumb.png.d2126b1023e2fc59

The profile is gone by now and I removed private information, so things should be okay.

However, while I am able to edit my own comment, I have no power of others' comments including the comments where they quoted my original post. I suggest that you contact a moderator who can censor or edit out the private information or individually contact each user yourself, but for the most part, it is the moderator whom I'd turn to as stuff like this is their duty.

Good luck!

Posted

honestly reading this, i felt really worried.
even just by the quality of the photos alone, it was obvious it was a realllly old profile.
she's trying to get into college and establish a life so it must suck to have some shit you did when you were desperate pop up again. especially when its something so personal like this. i dont blame her for doing it and i dont blame her for not bringing it up. hell ive sent pictures to people i regret too. i dont really look at this as being dishonest about her money but i think its a good lesson. we dont know what everyones going through or what theyve been through. also its a good idea to google your usernames every once in a while lol

Posted

not mentioning sex work is not lying about it, i think people forget it can ruin your career and relationships if it comes out.

also im glad she cleared that up.

ot: this made me watch her how i moved to japan video and she sounded like hermione to me lmao idk why

(also i really dont think its hard to save with those jobs if you dont have many financial responsibilities)

Posted

Hello Mikan!

Out of respect, I have censored and removed any information from my original post (since I was the one who dug all the stuff up) that might result in readers discovering your full name or your mom somehow finding it.

Great! I hope other users do as well, but you might want to edit this post as well since it also contains her last name

Posted

Huge respects to Mikan for coming here and clearing things up. Once again, no one here is shaming you for it.

Reading your response makes me realise that we are very similar, and I can understand that in a young age and stuck in a toxic enviroment can affect your mental health badly. I’m not good at coming up with good things to say, just know that you’re not alone.

I know PULL may not have the best reputation, so I understand if it feels scary to come on here. But I think you ’re very brave, people here are very respectful once you get to know them.

Posted

@Mikan.Mandarin acutally I really like your nose job. I am usually a pretty good plastic surgery sleuth but I had NO IDEA that it wasn't your real nose. In fact I thought (and still think) your nose is quite beautiful, rather than just something unremarkable that sits on your face like it is for most people. 

As far as sex work goes, meh. I'm not a fan of it personally, but I get why people do it especially when they are young. If you've stopped doing it now to pursue other more productive and healthy ways to make money that's all anyone can ask of you so if there are slut-shamers out there they can go hump a tree. 

Posted (edited)

Most weeaboo girls end up in sex work because most of them have 3 defining traits..an insatiable need for attention, desperate for Male validation and materialistic. I'd be more shocked if a girl like her hadn't thotted out at least once.

Edited by Bambicake

Posted

Most weeaboo girls end up in sex work because most of them have 3 defining traits..an insatiable need to attention, desperate for Male validation and materialistic. I'd be more shocked if a girl like her hadn't thotted out at least once.

uh... what?