• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

mikan.mandarin

2298 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

there's really nothing wrong with sex work and I can partly understand why Mikan didn't want to reveal it. Mikan seems like the type of person who wants to be seen as "wholesome" and "kawaii", and if her fans find out she used to do sex work, that image would be ruined.

At the same time, it's disappointing to see that she wasn't being fully honest about how she saved up. She really built up this "hardworking girl" image. We don't know how much money she actually made tho.

I also don't think we shouldn't remove the things you guys found. If Mikan is going to lie about all of this, then we're going to need those screenshots. PULL is an evidence based website after all. I say we should put it under a spoiler.

Edited by FlakeReview
typo

Posted

Personally I don't believe that she will even talk about it. Mostly just turn a blind eye to the topic without caring too much. Think about it like that she is high and mighty with her attitude, if she decided to address it she would break two beliefs of her followers. First is that she is a hardworking girl with her part time job (I don't mind the sex-working) but she shouldn't have been adamant at the beginning that it was just part-timing. Making youngsters believe that part-timing and a overworking is a direct ticket for the dream trip is just as bad or even worse than mentioning the side blog she had. Holding multiple jobs and working extensive hours can kill or ruin one's health without bringing about any noticeable results. The second idea she would need to clarify is how her nose shape actually looks so dropping the shoop accordingly. (she has never stated on insta that she had a nose job just on PULL) which is unlikely for her to do as she is gaining more and more followers believing that she is born like that

Posted (edited)

So sorry, very OT:

Sex work doesn't pay anyway near as much as you think, sex work is not shameful for people. In some situations it may be better to omit it, but it's not shameful.

I meant that sex work is shameful in society’s eyes, which is very much true. The average person in the west and Japan does not think highly of it. I personally don’t think that it is shameful though. Also, there is a huge variety of sex work, so one person could make millions while another could barely be scraping by. The work that I’m familiar with through friends pays a crazy amount if you play your cards right, but we have no way of knowing what kind of money mikan made/makes. 

Edited by Granola

Posted (edited)

I meant that it’s shameful in society’s eyes, which is very much true. The average person in the west and Japan is very much against it. I personally don’t think that it is shameful though. Also, there is a huge variety of sex work, so one person could make millions while another could barely be scraping by. The work that I’m familiar with through friends pays a crazy amount if you play your cards right, but we have no way of knowing what kind of money mikan made/makes. 

Yes, that's very true, it's just a way you said it at first that rubbed me the wrong way ;)

Fortunately, as seen here, at least western culture is much more understanding which is awesome!

Kind of a side note is - she might have been good and/or lucky and get some/a lot of money from this, but if that's her only advertising it's more likely that she set it up, got absolutely nothing from it and completely forgot about it. Sex work is HARD. This kind seem like the easiest way as you don't really have to do much in comparison, but unless you're into it for your own "getting off" it's still work. Just advertising itself is hard and it gets harder and harder with some of the feminist trying to shut down sex work advertisement to "free us".

Edited by flyingants

Posted

Yes, that's very true, it's just a way you said it at first that rubbed me the wrong way ;)

Fortunately, as seen here, at least western culture is much more understanding which is awesome!

Kind of a side note is - she might have been good and/or lucky and get some/a lot of money from this, but if that's her only advertising it's more likely that she set it up, got absolutely nothing from it and completely forgot about it.

Possibly true!

I agree maybe some of us should try and make Mikan aware how easily accessible that page is though

Posted

WOW this thread has exploded. 

I think hiding the fact she has worked as a sex worker is a responsible thing to do. Mikan's target audience is little girls, say 11 or 12+, and whilst some people feel it isn't a shameful industry to work in it isn't one that should be promoted to young girls either. I'm not sure what my opinion is on the subject of sex workers, I'll give it some thought and do a little research before I come to a conclusion. What does come to mind is the personal safety aspect, it's a risky business in that sense.

As for Woking, it's not London. It's not even in zone 6. I live in Surrey, a part that is closer to London than Woking (I'm approx 5 miles from the start of zone 6). Woking is a town that is mostly surrounded by countryside. To be fair though a lot of people in Surrey do tend to say they're from London, I wouldn't read too much into it. It's just a convience thing (I've been guilty of it myself in the past). 

I wouldn't worry about Mikan, I get the feeling she's a very tough cookie that knows how to look after herself. She probably knew it would come out eventually. I wouldn't worry about tipping Mikan off about her profile being discovered, she lurks here. If she hasn't already seen that someone uncovered it, she soon will. It's not worth breaking the rules.

Posted

Hello Mikan, thank you for setting the record straight. You should post here more often, not many of the people that get spoken about on this forum have the courage to come here as themselves and actually post. 

Posted

@Mikan.Mandarin I didn't manage to get mine profile taken down from a similar website and I tried hard. It's been on there for over 10 years... So I wish you more luck with that than I had. I ended up working as a stripper (which I LOVED) but my attempted findom made me feel EXACTLY how you said it so I believe every single word without a doubt. I hope your future is bringht and I wish you all the best x 

Posted

Hey guys! I was informed of what was going on here and would like to come to clear some things up.

I want to first of all address that account - it was mine, I had a friend who was doing findom stuff and she said it's super easy and I was like "awesome cool easy way to make money". Bear in mind where I was at the time - severely unhappy in my living situation, depressed, I don't talk about it in a lot of detail because my mum follows my social media and I'm afraid if she gets mad at me she'll cut me off eg she won't receive letters from the bank for me anymore and I needed a lot of details from her to enter college here etc etc but I had a REALLY bad relationship with my mum I mean she didn't want kids in the first place and she had me at 17 so it was kind of doomed from the start, my dad lived in Sweden (with like a whole new family like it wasn't an option anymore) and I was DESPERATE to get out. I HATED working at McDonald's so I literally would have taken any way out (I think this is around the time I changed my job). I was also in a Facebook community where doing these things was SO normalised, to give you an example Belle Delphine was also from that community (hence why we follow each other). Nothing against Belle or anyone who does things like this it was just made out to be a lot more normal than it is and since I was in that community since like 13 it kind of skewed my perception of things like that. EVERYONE around me was a sex worker, so I thought it was normal. 

It actually turned out to be not so easy eg you have to actually make effort, what I found appealing about it is that my friend was like oh u don't even have to like send anything cause if they ask for something you just say they're beneath you and you wouldn't do anything for them blah blah blah anyway it made me feel icky and I hated talking to these men, gave it up and totally forgot about it (clearly even up until now). This was like before Instagram was a thing for me at all lol, it's not like I expected to become an Instagrammer so I didn't really care about using the name Mikan. Anyway, it was kind of just like "oh I just have to be mean to make money" and then when I realised that's not it I just stopped and forgot about it. I think around this time my IG was picking up too so I was like preoccupied with new things. But yeah, around that time I was trying all kinds of things to make money, I was really desperate to get out and I felt like the money I'd saved wouldn't be enough for Japan (it wasn't, hence why after college I worked a year full time). 

I don't really have any proof other than I guess just like, if it WAS successful and I did like doing it then there's no reason for me now to not do things like have a lewd Patreon etc, it's a pretty well accepted thing these days but it's not for me. (no shame to those who do like it tho like you do you) I just didn't like it, it made me feel icky somehow. 

To clear some things up, I did NOT meet Hiro on lang-8 lol I met him like November 2017 after moving to Japan and as my student (which in itself is pretty seedy so I feel like that's evidence that's not a lie).

About my nose job since people are curious, I did it through a clinic called Transform, they let you pay it over two years in £200-ish segments which is a lot more manageable than £4000 up front but was one of the reasons why I was SO broke when I first moved to Japan. The nose job is like meh tho so if you want a better one you should probably just save up in the first place but I really wanted it done and healed before Japan. 

And I lived in Old Woking which is like a 30-40 minute walk from Woking, mostly with my family cause the area was pretty dodgy so rent was cheap (and we also had like housing benefits), but my mum would kick me out so I'd go and live with other people all the time, so I kind of lived on and off at home.

I'm trying to get the account taken down (seems like you can't??) so that's something, one thing I'm asking is if you could PLEASE take my last name down off any posts that have been made, my name is SO unique and especially since the stalking incident I'm SO paranoid of getting found/being stalked etc. I made a LOT of effort to keep my last name private, I would really really appreciate it.

And like, honestly thanks for finding it because it's better it's found now than later and I can actually do something about it. I totally forgot it even existed, so thanks. 

Thank you for clearing things up and sharing with us, I'm glad things are well for you now. Xx

Posted

Hey guys! I was informed of what was going on here and would like to come to clear some things up.

I want to first of all address that account - it was mine, I had a friend who was doing findom stuff and she said it's super easy and I was like "awesome cool easy way to make money". Bear in mind where I was at the time - severely unhappy in my living situation, depressed, I don't talk about it in a lot of detail because my mum follows my social media and I'm afraid if she gets mad at me she'll cut me off eg she won't receive letters from the bank for me anymore and I needed a lot of details from her to enter college here etc etc but I had a REALLY bad relationship with my mum I mean she didn't want kids in the first place and she had me at 17 so it was kind of doomed from the start, my dad lived in Sweden (with like a whole new family like it wasn't an option anymore) and I was DESPERATE to get out. I HATED working at McDonald's so I literally would have taken any way out (I think this is around the time I changed my job). I was also in a Facebook community where doing these things was SO normalised, to give you an example Belle Delphine was also from that community (hence why we follow each other). Nothing against Belle or anyone who does things like this it was just made out to be a lot more normal than it is and since I was in that community since like 13 it kind of skewed my perception of things like that. EVERYONE around me was a sex worker, so I thought it was normal. 

It actually turned out to be not so easy eg you have to actually make effort, what I found appealing about it is that my friend was like oh u don't even have to like send anything cause if they ask for something you just say they're beneath you and you wouldn't do anything for them blah blah blah anyway it made me feel icky and I hated talking to these men, gave it up and totally forgot about it (clearly even up until now). This was like before Instagram was a thing for me at all lol, it's not like I expected to become an Instagrammer so I didn't really care about using the name Mikan. Anyway, it was kind of just like "oh I just have to be mean to make money" and then when I realised that's not it I just stopped and forgot about it. I think around this time my IG was picking up too so I was like preoccupied with new things. But yeah, around that time I was trying all kinds of things to make money, I was really desperate to get out and I felt like the money I'd saved wouldn't be enough for Japan (it wasn't, hence why after college I worked a year full time). 

I don't really have any proof other than I guess just like, if it WAS successful and I did like doing it then there's no reason for me now to not do things like have a lewd Patreon etc, it's a pretty well accepted thing these days but it's not for me. (no shame to those who do like it tho like you do you) I just didn't like it, it made me feel icky somehow. 

To clear some things up, I did NOT meet Hiro on lang-8 lol I met him like November 2017 after moving to Japan and as my student (which in itself is pretty seedy so I feel like that's evidence that's not a lie).

About my nose job since people are curious, I did it through a clinic called Transform, they let you pay it over two years in £200-ish segments which is a lot more manageable than £4000 up front but was one of the reasons why I was SO broke when I first moved to Japan. The nose job is like meh tho so if you want a better one you should probably just save up in the first place but I really wanted it done and healed before Japan. 

And I lived in Old Woking which is like a 30-40 minute walk from Woking, mostly with my family cause the area was pretty dodgy so rent was cheap (and we also had like housing benefits), but my mum would kick me out so I'd go and live with other people all the time, so I kind of lived on and off at home.

I'm trying to get the account taken down (seems like you can't??) so that's something, one thing I'm asking is if you could PLEASE take my last name down off any posts that have been made, my name is SO unique and especially since the stalking incident I'm SO paranoid of getting found/being stalked etc. I made a LOT of effort to keep my last name private, I would really really appreciate it.

And like, honestly thanks for finding it because it's better it's found now than later and I can actually do something about it. I totally forgot it even existed, so thanks. 

If you can login can't you remove all you information for now?? Because then people at least won't find your last name and pictures. To close your account (in case you haven't found it yet), on the help page it says you have to go to support and then request to close your account, might take while though before it actually is removed. You also might want to message a mod, because then it's more likely that your last name will be removed in the posts here!

Posted

If you can login can't you remove all you information for now?? Because then people at least won't find your last name and pictures. To close your account (in case you haven't found it yet), on the help page it says you have to go to support and then request to close your account, might take while though before it actually is removed. You also might want to message a mod, because then it's more likely that your last name will be removed in the posts here!

I tried, it seems to be one of those websites where they have to approve any changes you make to your profile, so even though I tried removing the information it won't go away until like one of their mods approves it, I also tried that way of removing so at this point it's kind of a waiting game but I honestly don't have high hopes, just seems to be such a poorly managed site :(

And thank you! I'll try messaging a mod then! 

Posted

Thanks for clearing it up and apologies if ive mentioned your surname in any posts, ill go through and remove if i have

hope you can get the profile removed eventually, i totally understand your reasoning for having it at the time

i feel pretty bad for bringing it here for discussion rather than direct messaging you, so i really am sorry for that, i didnt realise how deep this forum went with people 😅 x

Posted (edited)

Don't ask me why I know, but I know that there are men out there with such a fetish. Like, they love giving money to girls. That's it. They get off on that, ESPECIALLY if the girls taking the money act like the guy is pathetic (also for giving them money and letting themselves be controlled like that). The girls don't have to do much. Just humiliate the guy, often messaging is enough. Sometimes the guys wanna see what you bought. I don't think that's technically sex work per se. But we don't know for sure what she did. So 🤷

It is sex work. Humiliating a guy so he can get off to it is sex work, period. 

Also the fact that she didn't want to publicly disclose this is completely understandable. There's still a lot of stigma, people will tell you it's not a valid way of making money, call you slurs, tell you to get a real job, etc. Despite it being a lot of effort to make any money. 

I think it was silly of her to have the same name for sex work and for her vanilla YouTube stuff, but 🤷🏻‍♀️ too late now.

Edit: just saw mikan's response.✌🏼

Edited by kiwi