• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

mikan.mandarin

2567 posts in this topic

Posted

I guess it's not really that important but since we're on the topic of finances. According to this she's not from London (like she claimed) so the rent she would have paid would have been a lot less expensive. I'm only really mentioning this because I remember when someone on a previous post tried calculating her savings it seemed pretty inconceivable that she could have saved that much whilst paging some rent to a London flat (even in the outskirts). I don't know much about Woking but it should definitely be considerably cheaper. I reckon that she probably was working as many jobs as she claimed but this was just a type of side job for some bonus money, but I agree that she should have owned up to this.

A note on Woking - its in the very outer edge of the London area, in Surrey. Shes not wrong at all by saying shes from London.

Id definitely like to see her address this, for the reasons people have already expressed but also just because im curious as to if this really worked out for her. I know very little about these weird parts of the internet and Id be interested in hearing about it. 

Posted (edited)

Damn I was NOT expecting this tea. 

I’m not surprised this was discovered, because the thread consistently came back to the topic of her finances. It just never added up, especially with her paying bills and that nose job. 

I have nothing against sex work— the only thing that bothers me is her pretending she made it to Japan solely on these part time jobs. I’m sure a lot of her audience are slaving away at minimum wage thinking “I’m working so hard but I can barely save anything at all, how does she do it?” So it definitely does rub me the wrong way, not gonna lie. Especially since I myself am working shitty jobs I hate in order to go to Japan, it frustrates me to see people lie about their financial situation and say “u can do it if u just work hard at minimum wage!” When in reality she’s also doing sex work (which pays a LOT) 

But I also agree with what u guys said about sex work being shameful for people, so I can see that side too... honestly I might do the same in her position, so I’m actually not wanting to judge her. Its messy. 

Edited by Granola

Posted

I don’t blame her for not sharing this info, as I’m sure a lot of her fan base is quite young and she’s probably trying to maintain her “Image” in a sence. 

But damn, now that this is out I’d love to hear what she has to say about this. Even if she could at least comment on here to address it or something.

But yeah, probably not the best to go around telling her followers that McDonalds, a supermarket job and  a taxi company job were all that was required to not only save a healthy sum for Japan, but also afford her nose job.

Posted

tbh while I'm not denying the possibility that the profile is Mikans, it seems weird to me that someone would use their real name for sex work. Other than that, if it is Mikan, it can also be a possibility that she made an account but was never approached and therefore made no money with it. But if it really is hers, I wouldn't blame her if she never verified it. Regular people would get shamed because of it and she is more known than most. Plus there is the fact that she had a cute style and most people seem to associate it with innocence, so it might also have a more negative effect for her since it would seem to people that it is against her image and would deem her fake.

Posted (edited)

Omg, I do actually believe that might be her!!

Screenshot_3.thumb.png.7c70365f867ed9d62 

This body looks like exactly like hers: skinny, tanned and petite.

But mainly, this is the first clue: 

Screenshot_4.thumb.png.f687327cf80a56e93

I recognize these flower patterned bed covers, they look like the same ones. 

For the second clue, the collarspace profile says her real name is Vina ********** and her email is in her name. If you search the email on google, you get this storeenvy profile: 

https://www.storenvy.com/VinaHime

All the clothes she has collected and bought look exactly like the type of stuff she wears and used to wear.

And then for the third clue: the collarspace profile states that she is a "Bisexual Female Dominant". Here is an earlier Facebook post from March 2017:

Screenshot_6.thumb.png.c87e5c5120ee1d8f6

I don't think Mikan has ever talked about her sexuality, but she's currently dating a man and has called herself a homosexual before, so I believe she is in fact a bisexual.

In addition to this, the fourth and main clue is if I reverse imaged this selfie she uploaded onto collarspace:

Screenshot_5.thumb.png.55ba1561eb8c7753d

And with this picture, I found this profile on a language website called Lang-8:

Screenshot_22.thumb.png.260d80837d857353

Here is one of her journal entries:

Screenshot_24.thumb.png.1927bee3312c145a

Additionally, on Lang-8, I found this user called Kazu connected to her

Screenshot_25.thumb.png.75ee052bba3de489

Mikan already said in her "HOW I MET MY JAPANESE BOYFRIEND" video that she met Hirokazu when she worked part-time as a language teacher for English, just about 1-3 months after emigrating. As a matter of fact, Hirokazu's English is really good despite just studying in within Japan and he can fully communicate with Mikan and understand everything, so perhaps he teaches others too as he seems very interested in language learning.

Anyway, regarding this discovery, I'm very disappointed in that she purposely hid and never real the fact that she done sex work since the age of 18 and instead played into the "hard working girl" persona to fool everyone on how she looked after herself and saved up to go Japan. Her collarspace profile says it all: "For God's sake, if you're not willing to pay me, I don't care about your opinion of me or what I do, at all."

I think earlier on this thread, there was another language app profile people discovered, and it was found in the comments that most of her "students" looked like older men, so it's very possible that she continued to do sex work to get money while Japan... maybe Hirokazu is also a customer like that?

Edit 1: The storeenvy profile has her profile on Woking, Surrey, UK. And if you google search Vina *******, a website named 192 says that there is fact a citizen by the name of Vina ******** in Woking.

0SPq3vO.png

Also, I then Googled searched "Mikan ******** Woking" and got this as a result:

100% this is her with no doubt.

I also ended up finding her high school, but I think that information is too private to post. Anyway, it is an academically distinguished school. 

Edit 2: Hold up, I am pretty sure that this exact pink wall and the bed frame is hers because she uploaded first video in her UK bedroom, but she took the video down?? Anyway, I got a screenshot from the deleted video:

Screenshot_40.thumb.png.38fccbb36d4cef71

Screenshot_2018-08-17-05-02-45.thumb.png

I am SHOOK by this amazing detective work.

Most of her explanation on funds added up for me EXCEPT that nose job. I knew there had to be an explanation for a procedure that is usually $4,000 or more. I wonder if she made much from that though. Didn't look like she used it for too long (though she probably collected some clients and used her kik or whatever instead). 

I know she's been called out for "bullying" Venus but I noticed before that she has an...interesting personality. Like she'll tell people (who are close to her) how they feel and what they want. (You can see proof of this in her Starbucks vlog, she does it to Hirokazu a lot there and in general). You can tell she keeps people around her that either have submissive personalities or will submit to her. With the exception of her other friend from the Starbucks vlog (I'm blanking on her name, will probably edit it in later). Anyway this is why I believe her and Kenna would never truly be close Kenna's ego couldn't handle her teasing. 

Also I'm in the camp that doesn't have a problem with sex work. Findom is also a consensual relationship even if it's questionable. As long as both parties are adults and consenting I could care less. 

Edited by mahoushojo
edited out last name

Posted

Damn I was NOT expecting this tea. 

I’m not surprised this was discovered, because the thread consistently came back to the topic of her finances. It just never added up, especially with her paying bills and that nose job. 

I have nothing against sex work— the only thing that bothers me is her pretending she made it to Japan solely on these part time jobs. I’m sure a lot of her audience are slaving away at minimum wage thinking “I’m working so hard but I can barely save anything at all, how does she do it?” So it definitely does rub me the wrong way, not gonna lie. Especially since I myself am working shitty jobs I hate in order to go to Japan, it frustrates me to see people lie about their financial situation and say “u can do it if u just work hard at minimum wage!” When in reality she’s also doing sex work (which pays a LOT) 

But I also agree with what u guys said about sex work being shameful for people, so I can see that side too... honestly I might do the same in her position, so I’m actually not wanting to judge her. Its messy. 

This. It's also a very common thing between ~influencers~ to claim that they're self made and that everything "was just hard work" even when they had outside help. There's nothing wrong with sex work as long as there is consent between both parties and no one is being forced to do anything, and I see why Mikan hasn't addressed this in any way, BUT she shouldn't have said anything about getting to Japan aaall on her own because she's soooo hardworking you guyz. Why do so many influencers love to seem "relatable" so much, even when it's obvious they're not?

Posted

That amazon wishlist provided on the profile is also very Mikan-ish, so considering the evidence it's highly unlikely it's a catfish profile.

Posted (edited)

I feel like we should take the information down. It seems too personal to be putting her past sex work out there on the internet for everyone to see. There's a reason she's trying to keep it hidden.

Then again, we're too far into the conversation to do this. But it makes me a bit uncomfortable that she might be harassed. Or if it might affect her current relationships if they find out.

Edited by temato

Posted

A note on Woking - its in the very outer edge of the London area, in Surrey. Shes not wrong at all by saying shes from London.

Id definitely like to see her address this, for the reasons people have already expressed but also just because im curious as to if this really worked out for her. I know very little about these weird parts of the internet and Id be interested in hearing about it. 

Even if Woking is "in London" (which it's really not) the rent would still be a lot cheaper because it's far. Had a look and the average rent in Woking is about £300pw but you can find cheaper properties starting from about £190pw, compared to the average being around £600pw in London with cheaper areas being around £350pw. So I guess she probably paid around £100-£150pw totalling to about £400-600pm compared to paying £700-1200pm as she said she paid half of the rent.

I don't think she can really claim that she's from London imo. Woking is outside the M25 therefore not London. It also doesn't have the tube (although there are tube stops outside of London but very few), a London postcode, London telephone code nor is it in a London borough. It really isn't London by any definition, yes it's close but it's not actually in London. No Londoner would consider her from London, some don't even consider areas like Harrow London because they're geographically quite far from London and don't really seem like it. Though I don't really mind her claiming she's from London online, I can understand that few people know the geography of the UK and probably know only of London though personally I'd rather have her say she's from Surrey but that's just me being a gatekeepery. (I grew up in London and meet a lot of people who like to claim they're from here when they're not so I'm a bit passionate about the topic, but I don't mean any harm. In reality, it's no big deal.)

Posted (edited)

“u can do it if u just work hard at minimum wage!” When in reality she’s also doing sex work (which pays a LOT) 

So sorry, very OT:

Sex work doesn't pay anyway near as much as you think, sex work is not shameful for people. In some situations it may be better to omit it, but it's not shameful.

Edited by flyingants

Posted

I feel like we should take the information down. It seems too personal to be putting her past sex work out there on the internet for everyone to see. There's a reason she's trying to keep it hidden.

Then again, we're too far into the conversation to do this. But it makes me a bit uncomfortable that she might be harassed. Or if it might affect her current relationships if they find out.

I found that page VERY easily through a quick google search of "mikan vina" or something similar

its absolutely not hidden, it was on the first page of search results on google

Posted

I agree with @temato I tried doing the whole googling her name/name combos the OP did to get the info/photos and the first result I got (even on my not-personal PC) was PULL. I didn't even get those websites until later pages. 

I think we should either stop the conversation about it, or remove it all together. Someone's sexual past shouldn't be a reason for shaming their present, and we shouldn't encourage putting her in a dangerous position (by any of her obsessed fans). Plus, if she has decides not to speak about it we should respect it since it has little to nothing to do with her actual Online Personality state.

Finally, we don't even know if she actually needed the money for whatever reason other than buying a ticket to Japan. Maybe she was depressed, maybe she was going through some harsh financial times, maybe she couldn't afford school and this was the only way to pay it, or maybe she just wanted to experiment. 

I just feel this tea is unnecessary and borderline slut-shaming.

Posted

I agree with @temato I tried doing the whole googling her name/name combos the OP did to get the info/photos and the first result I got (even on my not-personal PC) was PULL. I didn't even get those websites until later pages. 

I think we should either stop the conversation about it, or remove it all together. Someone's sexual past shouldn't be a reason for shaming their present, and we shouldn't encourage putting her in a dangerous position (by any of her obsessed fans). Plus, if she has decides not to speak about it we should respect it since it has little to nothing to do with her actual Online Personality state.

Finally, we don't even know if she actually needed the money for whatever reason other than buying a ticket to Japan. Maybe she was depressed, maybe she was going through some harsh financial times, maybe she couldn't afford school and this was the only way to pay it, or maybe she just wanted to experiment. 

I just feel this tea is unnecessary and borderline slut-shaming.

Absolutely didn't mean to start "slut shaming"

i was just very curious as to if it was really her

as for the search results, searching the terms "mikan vina" on Google brings up that collarspace result at the bottom of the first page, i didnt dig for it, i came across it accidentally and the site really isnt hidden, anyone could come across it very easily

Guess we shouldnt post any further about it if it upsets people that much

Posted

I didn't see anyone slut shaming, but alright. I don't mind if it gets removed but then someone should at least contact mikan (would this still be breaking the rules?) so she can remove the information/page herself, because I also found the site at the second page of Google.