• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

mikan.mandarin

2569 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Reverse image search is giving no other results for any of the pictures besides the picture of her face from that profile, which is only also on this website (some japanese  language journal writing website where you can get corrections on your writing): http://lang-8.com/1618769

All the entries are from June 2016, and that collar space profile was created on September 2016.

Edited by ilikebuttslol
a word

Posted

I’m a little concerned that she mentioned what school she goes to in her new video. Maybe I’m old fashioned but that could be dangerous... hundreds of thousands of people follow her. There is a chance that at least some of them must be dangerous or obsessive. Her school is very easily accessible. What if she has a secret stalker? The possibilities are endless. 

Posted (edited)

Don't ask me why I know, but I know that there are men out there with such a fetish. Like, they love giving money to girls. That's it. They get off on that, ESPECIALLY if the girls taking the money act like the guy is pathetic (also for giving them money and letting themselves be controlled like that). The girls don't have to do much. Just humiliate the guy, often messaging is enough. Sometimes the guys wanna see what you bought. I don't think that's technically sex work per se. But we don't know for sure what she did. So 🤷

Just wanted to inform you guys that that's a thing. But I for sure understand it can be seen as pathetic and morally questionable of her.

Edited by Minzgruen

Posted

Don't ask me why I know, but I know that there are men out there with such a fetish. Like, they love giving money to girls. That's it. They get off on that, ESPECIALLY if the girls taking the money act like the guy is pathetic (also for giving them money and letting themselves be controlled like that). The girls don't have to do much. Just humiliate the guy, often messaging is enough. Sometimes the guys wanna see what you bought. I don't think that's technically sex work per se. But we don't know for sure what she did. So 🤷

Just wanted to inform you guys that that's a thing. But I for sure understand it can be seen as pathetic and morally questionable of her.

I don't think the problem is whether on not it is considered that kind of work. I'm sure no one cares about that. I believe that user above is referring back to that fact that she led a lot of people to believe that she saved up before Japan making her the "hard-working girl persona". 

I would understand why people are interested because it was made out to seem like she just had part-time jobs and just was working all day long to save and move as most people would.

I hate to bring up Kenna again, but I guess it's like the whole thing where she says she lives paycheck to paycheck and then moves to Japan. So, maybe Mikan did save up, I could understand that. But other people may not which kind of got us here.  

Posted

Edit 2: Hold up, I am pretty sure that this exact pink wall and the bed frame is hers because she uploaded first video in her UK bedroom, but she took the video down??  

I think you might be right ..she had orange hair color in that video right? It was a  Q&A I guess?

Posted (edited)

Edited by 虜
no longer relevant

Posted (edited)

removed the quote so that the surname won't be found or shown.

Edited by blvck

Posted

damn mikan i never thought you're that type of gal

Image result for damn gif

Posted (edited)

(...)

omg I was about to comment she wouldn't be dumb enough to use her real name when she already had an online presence but holy shit

If this is true I wonder if her boyfriend knows. If she was upfront about it there's no issue, but I would say it's the type of thing you should tell your partner. I hope she did because reading about this randomly on the internet would be really awkward. I hope she addresses this on her instagram soon. There's nothing to be ashamed of and it's better to be honest about it before this becomes common knowledge and some people start crucifying her for not revealing how she earned all her money to move to Japan, if all of this is true that is.

Honestly this doesn't make me think less of her, because I still think she's a hardworking person and having worked as a sex worker while she had a normal job somewhere else doesn't make her less of a person or less hardworking, BUT if you make all these videos about how you were able to move to Japan you should at least be honest about how you earned ALL of your money. So yeah I'm a little disappointed in her lack of honesty, but I can understand why she wouldn't tell.

Edited by AnnaBaggins

Posted (edited)

while i have nothing agaibst sex work and sex workers, i can understand why she would want to not mention it. 

Anyway, how should she have handled this case? Making a video on how to move to japan and what she did has to be the most obvious choice of a video to milk for views, and its something everyone is always gonna be curious about. So i understand if she had to make it in the end. And i also can sympathize with her for wanting to hide her past. How shoukd she have handled it? Should she not have made a video and kept quiet about it? 

Geniuely asking, because if i'm feel like, if most people found out that this exact situation happened to a friend of a friend, they would be shocked or like "woah the TEA" but probably not like majorly affected, or dissapointed, like how almost everyone has expressed here. Is it just because she's an "influencer" (haha we all know that thats a bullshit term), so are the standards we hold her to are different? Sometimes i just feel like, "hey theyre normal people too, we should go easy on them too " but looks like majority dont think that way, so i wonder if i am wrong to feel like they arent doing anything bad or wrong.

I agree. 

Furthermore, of course it's a bit awkward (but I don't judge her at all) that she hid this while talking about how she earned her money to move to japan, but on the other side, we don't have any context except this website. We don't know how long she had this website or if she even used it in general, how much money she actually got or used etc etc. If she would care hiding it this much, she would have deleted it years ago, and not used her real name / instagram.  We will probably hear a statement soon, like we did back then.

Edited by someneko

Posted

I guess it's not really that important but since we're on the topic of finances. According to this she's not from London (like she claimed) so the rent she would have paid would have been a lot less expensive. I'm only really mentioning this because I remember when someone on a previous post tried calculating her savings it seemed pretty inconceivable that she could have saved that much whilst paging some rent to a London flat (even in the outskirts). I don't know much about Woking but it should definitely be considerably cheaper. I reckon that she probably was working as many jobs as she claimed but this was just a type of side job for some bonus money, but I agree that she should have owned up to this.