• Announcements

• Be a moderator! & Reports Announcement   03/07/19

We're aware that PULL needs more moderation and attention, so we're actively looking to expand our mod crew! If you're a regular user and intend to stay this way, then rest assured that we're working on improving PULL for you. In order to do this, we rely on user reports, so I'd like to take this opportunity to ask everyone to report posts you think break a rule, disrupt discussion or shouldn't be allowed.  There is absolutely no concern over getting too many reports - we get a handful of reports per week. More reports would be great because it helps us figure out how our users want the forum to be - leaving criticism in threads doesn't make it easy for mods to find your opinions. Furthermore, don't worry about being a "snitch" or too harsh - a report doesn't mean action will be taken, that's up to the mods. A report really only tells us to look at the comment and to gauge the community atmosphere. Often times, peer pressure or established community atmosphere will dictate the direction a thread takes, and criticizing certain posts can be uncomfortable or downright futile when the majority disagrees with your view. This leads to groupthink and degradation of thread quality because the loudest/most active users get their way. So reporting is a way to quickly and anonymously (to other users) give feedback to the moderators. If we don't get this feedback, we think everyone's happy and there's no need for change. So use this feature as much as you'd like to help shape PULL into a more constructive community again. If you'd like to be a moderator: Click here for the application form.  

mikan.mandarin

1597 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I’m not sure if there is some confusion here but I was not the person who contacted Mikan. After rereading the message I agree the spiritual part was pretty weird and unwarranted- I guess I glazed over it and focused on how snappy she was back to someone who seemed like they were trying to be nice in their own way (even though yes I found the preachy part weird) 

She is just always so arrogant and rude to people throughout this thread that I didn’t think farther into it, but in this situation I can see how she was in the right! :alpacaheadshake: So sorry if I sounded harsh/didn’t give her the benefit of the doubt here. 

Edited by Granola

Posted

It’s a little ridiculous to say she isn’t even pretty at all...

Maybe she isn’t your preference and girl edits her face a dozen different ways but she *is* definitely cute. 

Posted

lol how about we don't tell people how they should and shouldn't eat. I'd of been annoyed at that too. You're a vegan? that's fine, You eat meat?, that's fine too. Stay out of each others lanes smh

Posted

It’s a little ridiculous to say she isn’t even pretty at all...

Maybe she isn’t your preference and girl edits her face a dozen different ways but she *is* definitely cute. 

I see her as just another non-East Asian girl who became a model in Japan tbh?? Like I see so many average girls (im not saying they’re ugly at all) who come to Japan or Korea and bank off of their exotic factor. That combined with her nasty attitude really sours my image of her but if you find her pretty there’s nothing wrong with that, I just personally don’t think she is pretty. I apologized for being harsh earlier when I jumped to conclusions about the screenshot, I don’t really understand why a lot of people are down voting me for apologizing? :alpacaheadshake:

Posted

I see her as just another non-East Asian girl who became a model in Japan tbh?? Like I see so many average girls (im not saying they’re ugly at all) who come to Japan or Korea and bank off of their exotic factor. That combined with her nasty attitude really sours my image of her but if you find her pretty there’s nothing wrong with that, I just personally don’t think she is pretty. I apologized for being harsh earlier when I jumped to conclusions about the screenshot, I don’t really understand why a lot of people are down voting me for apologizing? :alpacaheadshake:

This. We all know damn well most of these girls would not be models in their home countries.

Posted

she looks so much prettier without her filters. i cant stand the ashy tone she gives her skin in her pics when her warm undertones are what is desirable on instagram lately. if she embraced her warm undertone her instagram would instantly be more appealing to people. she could gain a lot more followers and she just looks better... idk why she wants a sickly grey undertone... she really is pretty

Posted

She didn't actually become a model though. Most of the "work" that she has done seems to be portfolio shoots for the photographer. She isn't selling any products. She doesn't make the cut for models in Japan, nor does Kenna for that matter. The actual models working in Japan work for foreign/ partner agencies, are super beautiful, thin and around 5' 9"-11". The market is saturated. 

Posted

Mikan could still be a “model”, a lot of models for clothing stores in Japan are short so as long as she’s not aiming for high end or runway (which would require good connections to get in with her height) she could model.  The problem is her styling limits who would take her imo, since even as a model you need to know how to coordinate outfits and match colors. Also I’m not sure her Japanese is good enough to work as an actual model in Japan.

Posted (edited)

coming back on the vegan issue, i really don't think that mikan was being rude at all if i'm being honest. i'm not a huge mikan fan i pretty much only watch her for her lookbooks (because despite some of the questionable outfit choices, some of them i quite like). but if we're considering her behavior as rude and bratty, the person suggesting it to her should be considered equally as rude.

like don't get me wrong, i don't have anything against vegans. you want to be a vegan? ok cool. but please learn to respect other people. not everyone has the desire to or can go vegan. please respect that instead of trying to 'convert' people every chance that you get (ofcourse not every vegan is like this, i'm just talking about the person on the screenshot). because in the end it's just going to have the counterproductive effect. especially since no one asked for your advice in the first place. so don't blame her for reacting how she did (and tbf if we're considering her behavior 'problematic' because of this, she still reacted quite nice. i've seen people reacting way worse than mikan did).

Edited by chuuberry

Posted

coming back on the vegan issue, i really don't think that mikan was being rude at all if i'm being honest. i'm not a huge mikan fan i pretty much only watch her for her lookbooks (because despite some of the questionable outfit choices, some of them i quite like). but if we're considering her behavior as rude and bratty, the person suggesting it to her should be considered equally as rude.

like don't get me wrong, i don't have anything against vegans. you want to be a vegan? ok cool. but please learn to respect other people. not everyone has the desire to or can go vegan. please respect that instead of trying to 'convert' people every chance that you get (ofcourse not every vegan is like this, i'm just talking about the person on the screenshot). because in the end it's just going to have the counterproductive effect. especially since no one asked for your advice in the first place. so don't blame her for reacting how she did (and tbf if we're considering her behavior 'problematic' because of this, she still reacted quite nice. i've seen people reacting way worse than mikan did).

this. also, @ people who are shitting on her about "just eat more fruits/veggies".... yall do know how expensive fresh fruit and stuff is in japan right? and vegan options are kinda hard to come by (which is kinda understandable for a small-ish island country, but it's still how it is.)

like, sure, she can be bitchy at times but, if someone came into my inbox with the dead animals and depression and other shit, i'd snap at them too. like, full on offense but some vegans can be so annoying it's ridiculous. 

Posted

Genuinely curious about her eye colour in this photo. Did she lightens it up to a different shade while editing? I have a similar dark hue of brown and it still doesn't look Hazel in lighting or even with a camera flash going on. Kind of OT how do you guys add the PULL emojis in your replies?

_20190212_112447.JPG

Posted

Genuinely curious about her eye colour in this photo. Did she lightens it up to a different shade while editing? I have a similar dark hue of brown and it still doesn't look Hazel in lighting or even with a camera flash going on. Kind of OT how do you guys add the PULL emojis in your replies?

_20190212_112447.JPG

She obviously edits her pictures; apps like Snow, Beauty Plus, etc., automatically lighten the eyes + give the cheeks a blush + tint the lips + smooth and lighten skin + shrink your jaw + make the eyes bigger. She has even uploaded selfies that use filters and stickers from those apps, so this is definitely not speculation.

Screenshot_37.thumb.png.f073572e51fcdb1b (source)

As for emojis, I cannot use them either if I'm browsing PULL on my mobile, however you can use them if you're using a browser. 

Posted

This. We all know damn well most of these girls would not be models in their home countries.

I mean you guys say that but... there are lots of "ugly" models. If you look up pretty much any model agency you can see how plain and average most of them look... that said they all have the exact same body type lol

But it does take skill to model, which is the main issue for all the snowflakes.

Posted

She obviously edits her pictures; apps like Snow, Beauty Plus, etc., automatically lighten the eyes + give the cheeks a blush + tint the lips + smooth and lighten skin + shrink your jaw + make the eyes bigger. She has even uploaded selfies that use filters and stickers from those apps, so this is definitely not speculation.

Screenshot_37.thumb.png.f073572e51fcdb1b (source)

As for emojis, I cannot use them either if I'm browsing PULL on my mobile, however you can use them if you're using a browser. 

Thank you for the explanation. I don't really take any selfies or pictures to understand. Generally speaking being on a social platform presenting yourself is quite courageous... But it is still a wonder because using filters sends the moral of *influencers* out of the window. Everyone human being is beautiful as they are. Wish media, society and people themselves stop imposing the ideal beauty standards on to the point of self-loathing and facing self-esteem issues.

Posted

her shooping/editing is brighter than my future.

IMG_3391.thumb.GIF.7f4db6800337a11333a65