• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

mikan.mandarin

3637 posts in this topic

Posted

With risk of having everyone here roll their eyes at me - isn't a yukata actually a sort of kimono though??

Isn't it like saying "look at this tasty food" and someone replying "um it's not food, it's lasagna"

Posted

With risk of having everyone here roll their eyes at me - isn't a yukata actually a sort of kimono though??

Isn't it like saying "look at this tasty food" and someone replying "um it's not food, it's lasagna"

Yes, a Yukata is a kind of kimono but it's still called a Yukata. Kimono is a sort of blanket term to describe the outfit (but there is a "standard" kimono that you can rent) but there are various kinds of kimono like furisode, yukata, tomesode, etc. The reason ppl are calling her out is that she argued with a Japanese person (?) who was kind enough to say "hey you're actually wearing a Yukata and not what would be considered a kimono". It's her response that is the issue and not so much her mistake.

**Feel free to correct me, all the info I just gave is based on a Japanese traditional culture class I'm taking and info a friend has told me

Posted

Yes, a Yukata is a kind of kimono but it's still called a Yukata. Kimono is a sort of blanket term to describe the outfit (but there is a "standard" kimono that you can rent) but there are various kinds of kimono like furisode, yukata, tomesode, etc. The reason ppl are calling her out is that she argued with a Japanese person (?) who was kind enough to say "hey you're actually wearing a Yukata and not what would be considered a kimono". It's her response that is the issue and not so much her mistake.

**Feel free to correct me, all the info I just gave is based on a Japanese traditional culture class I'm taking and info a friend has told me

Thanks, that makes sense!

Posted

She got a Japanese boyfriend to take her outfit pics and act as cameraman like Venus did. Watch her marry him to get that visa too lmao20180416_051342.thumb.jpg.6c59ad0f9b0077

Posted (edited)

I really don't get the trend for massively thick eyebrows. I mean a full brow is good and all but ones as thick as your eyes are just jarring...

I like her style (occasionally) but her eyebrows should be thinner/ lighter... they become the focal point of any picture because they just don't fit the rest of her look... they're especially bad on her 'kawaii~~~' looks.

Edited by redbowkiki

Posted

Yikes. Did it never cross her mind that there's a reason people call yukata a "yukata", not a "kimono", even though it's a type of kimono? Sort of like people call jeans "jeans", not trousers, even though they are a type of trousers.

That's what I was gonna say. The fabric looks like cotton so it's a yukata

Posted (edited)

She got a Japanese boyfriend to take her outfit pics and act as cameraman like Venus did. Watch her marry him to get that visa too lmao20180416_051342.thumb.jpg.6c59ad0f9b0077

oh man. Tho, how did she even get a boyfriend? (if they are together) Didn't she say recently that she barely could actually speak Japanese or something? :alpacaconfused:

Edited by hollyhock
typing error

Posted

oh man. Tho, who did she even get a boyfriend? (if they are together) Didn't she say recently that she barely could actually speak Japanese or something? :alpacaconfused:

Having a foreign girlfriend might be a good way for a Japanese guy to improve his English...

(seriously though, as an exchange student in Japan it was almost annoying how many people would just come flock to you to practice their English)

Posted

Having a foreign girlfriend might be a good way for a Japanese guy to improve his English...

(seriously though, as an exchange student in Japan it was almost annoying how many people would just come flock to you to practice their English)

Kinda sad if it's just to improve his English, and kinda sad if from her it's just for the sake of dating a Japanese guy, I hope it's not just that.

(I could feel it in just a week, as well as the gaijin hunters ¬¬)

Posted

I wouldn't be surprised if they're both using each other... If her Japanese isn't good enough having a Japanese boyfriend is good for practice (even though making Japanese friends would be the normal thing to do if you wanted to practice) and for him practicing English (which again you can do that with friends especially if you go to a big enough university they probably have some sort program)

But then again this type of stuff seems common in Japan. Foreigners looking for Japanese people to talk to/date and Japanese people doing the same.

Also, wasn't Mikan on a Go Go Nihon Japanese program? Whatever happened to that? Did she complete classes or something?

Posted (edited)

She must've gotten inspired by Venus to get a Kawaii Nihonjin Kareshii-kun future husbando.

Edited by mushroom

Posted

giphy.thumb.gif.0cd6a89f15743904093f55be

LOL he deleted the picture. When did she even get one tho? I haven't seen her post anything related to him (talk about a good girlfriend). Also she must've gotten inspired by Venus to get a Kawaii Nihonjin Kareshii-kun future husbando.

he didnt delete the picture. if you click on the photo sets you'll see it's still there. there are more pictures of her on his profile within the photosets too

Posted (edited)

Edited by mushroom

Posted

This is the "friend" she stayed with during the whole stalker thing. She posted on her story how she cooked dinner for the friend she was staying with and there are pictures of that same food on his account. She just calls him a "friend" (I'm thinking their relationship is minimized in order to not lose appeal from all her thirsty guy followers) and I guess he's cool with that if it means being with IG popular weeb girl 🤷‍♀️

Posted

If she’s rich why is her nose is not fixed