• Announcements

• Be a moderator! & Reports Announcement   03/07/19

We're aware that PULL needs more moderation and attention, so we're actively looking to expand our mod crew! If you're a regular user and intend to stay this way, then rest assured that we're working on improving PULL for you. In order to do this, we rely on user reports, so I'd like to take this opportunity to ask everyone to report posts you think break a rule, disrupt discussion or shouldn't be allowed.  There is absolutely no concern over getting too many reports - we get a handful of reports per week. More reports would be great because it helps us figure out how our users want the forum to be - leaving criticism in threads doesn't make it easy for mods to find your opinions. Furthermore, don't worry about being a "snitch" or too harsh - a report doesn't mean action will be taken, that's up to the mods. A report really only tells us to look at the comment and to gauge the community atmosphere. Often times, peer pressure or established community atmosphere will dictate the direction a thread takes, and criticizing certain posts can be uncomfortable or downright futile when the majority disagrees with your view. This leads to groupthink and degradation of thread quality because the loudest/most active users get their way. So reporting is a way to quickly and anonymously (to other users) give feedback to the moderators. If we don't get this feedback, we think everyone's happy and there's no need for change. So use this feature as much as you'd like to help shape PULL into a more constructive community again. If you'd like to be a moderator: Click here for the application form.  

mikan.mandarin

1597 posts in this topic

Posted

She's ok in her videos but I cannot stand her instagram stories, she is the whiniest/most dramatic person I've ever seen lol

Posted (edited)

Lol......I'm sorry what part of "just eat more fresh fruit and veggies" is unattainable in Japan??? Does she mean "sorry that means I'd have to cut up the fresh food myself as opposed to going to Hiros traditionally Japanese house for a meal every day." God it amazes me how ignorant these weeb chicks are....like why not just eat more food that's good for you and will actually give you energy if that's your issue????? Sorry apparently I'm the dumb one 😂 I had to unfollow her for that sass, didn't realize she was such a bitch when i was generally trying to help her and be nice about it. Smh Screenshot_20190207-070721_Instagram.thuScreenshot_20190207-070725_Instagram.thu

WHAAAT RARE?!!! asian food is fuuuulllllll of veg and you can so easily ask for none meat options. Mikan I know you stalk this thread stop being lazy:

Screenshot_20190210-043300_Chrome.jpg

Edited by elefire

Posted (edited)

She is such a bitch as usual. Even if u have no interest in veganism, responding to an obviously well-intentioned message with basically a “lol nope, sorry” is so rude. Maybe at least thank the person for being thoughtful and trying to help, even if you disagree?? 

Like as I’m rereading the messages it infuriates me to see the person be so sweet saying “I love your content, you’re so cute!! I hope you feel better!” etc just for Milan to respond with one short callous sentence.  

I cant believe she has any followers at all with her attitude (and she’s not even pretty, which just makes me more surprised she has so many followers...) 

Edited by Granola

Posted

Lol......I'm sorry what part of "just eat more fresh fruit and veggies" is unattainable in Japan??? Does she mean "sorry that means I'd have to cut up the fresh food myself as opposed to going to Hiros traditionally Japanese house for a meal every day." God it amazes me how ignorant these weeb chicks are....like why not just eat more food that's good for you and will actually give you energy if that's your issue????? Sorry apparently I'm the dumb one 😂 I had to unfollow her for that sass, didn't realize she was such a bitch when i was generally trying to help her and be nice about it. Smh Screenshot_20190207-070721_Instagram.thuScreenshot_20190207-070725_Instagram.thu

so rude she could at least say thank you for your concern ot somthing smfh

Posted

so rude she could at least say thank you for your concern ot somthing smfh

she is quite calculating as her appearance with Venus and Natalia was a way for exposure to her. she won't end their friendship but will keep the distance as long as she doesn't  need anything from them. the snarky comments is such a put-off . when someone gives you an advice,it is polite to thank them or just be kind. i don't really follow venus or kenna but Mikan irks me more than any of them . any thoughts?

Posted

she is quite calculating as her appearance with Venus and Natalia was a way for exposure to her. she won't end their friendship but will keep the distance as long as she doesn't  need anything from them. the snarky comments is such a put-off . when someone gives you an advice,it is polite to thank them or just be kind. i don't really follow venus or kenna but Mikan irks me more than any of them . any thoughts?

I agree . She is generally nice in public comments but now that she's gaining more followers on YT and insta her true colors are showing. 

Posted

I cant believe she has any followers at all with her attitude (and she’s not even pretty, which just makes me more surprised she has so many followers...) 

THIS.

What irks me the most is how she’s taking everything she has for granted (I’m mostly talking about her followers’ support and her small growing internet fame) when there’s literally nothing special or interesting about her. I was looking at her stories at some point and realized how full of herself and egocentric she is. Like, girl wants to give updates about her life, fair enough. But if you look at her stories you’ll notice she’s basically ranting about every small feeling she’s going through at any freaking moment of the day xD like girl do you really think you’re that much of an important person ? 

Posted

its hard to go vegan because even if the option doesnt contain meat physically, japan tends to use fish or meat broths, or even meat based seasoning powders. Even if they dont have these, the pots and pans used probably used to cook meat so its always never entirely vegan. 

I would say near impossible unless you prepare every single meal you consume from scratch. Otherwise, most premade or restaurant foods contain at least one animal product, even if they do not include actual meat. For the same reasons, vegetarianism is also a rather difficult lifestyle to maintain. 

Posted

Kind of OT but I got this photo from Kenna's 5 thread and her natural skin tone isn't something to hate but her shooping and editing gives the wrong message to young impressionable girls who look up to her. I believe it is a recent photo. Any thoughts? I am just disappointed because being affected by beauty standards and editing as a young person can turn one's life to the worst.

chingirl.thumb.PNG.9f9b08507e03c52aae9293c8840a5fd2.PNG.png

Posted

I really wonder at what point they decide to commit so much to the shoop that they become separate human beings from their internet persona. 

Posted (edited)

WHAAAT RARE?!!! asian food is fuuuulllllll of veg and you can so easily ask for none meat options. Mikan I know you stalk this thread stop being lazy:

Screenshot_20190210-043300_Chrome.jpg

Asian food =/= Japanese food, though. I don't know how it's like in other asian countries, I only study Japanese and have only ever been to Japan before. A friend of mine did a year abroad recently, too. She never liked meat that much but only decided to become a full vegetarian once she got back because, other than popular belief, it is in fact PRETTY hard to be a vegetarian in Japan. Let alone vegan. Not impossible, but very hard. Especially if you're not convinced of the concept 100%. Just like other people here said. And I don't think she was too rude. Being nice to her personally and then going off saying she's a bitch - THAT is rude, my friend.

Kind of OT but I got this photo from Kenna's 5 thread and her natural skin tone isn't something to hate but her shooping and editing gives the wrong message to young impressionable girls who look up to her. I believe it is a recent photo. Any thoughts? I am just disappointed because being affected by beauty standards and editing as a young person can turn one's life to the worst.

chingirl.thumb.PNG.9f9b08507e03c52aae9293c8840a5fd2.PNG.png

Do you mean the fact that she seems to be a bit darker in this picture? I guess she is but it may also be the light. Sorry if I misunderstood

Edited by Minzgruen

Posted

It isnt the lighting i am afraid. In her IG changes and edits out the olive undertone of her face which isn't what her actual skin looks. you can find other references in earlier discussions of the thread. It isn't a positive approach to self-acceptance.