• Announcements

• Official PULL Discord! (Updated)   01/14/19

Hi Everyone!  We've opened up an official discord. In order to join, you need to have posted at least 20 comments on PULL! This is to make sure we don't let in any flakes with ulterior motives. After joining, you will receive a DM with instructions on how to get verified! Also, your registration date needs to be earlier than December 2018 so that we don't get a ton of people signing up only to join the Discord but without actually contributing to PULL. Drop by and chat here: https://discord.gg/KDF2kt5 Also, we need to upgrade our server in the very near future. PULL grows bigger by the day (yay!) but  to handle the load, we need upgrades. For less than the cost of what you spend on Netflix, we can continue to host your content. Whether it's $1 or $5 a month, all gifts are appreciated. Please consider giving here: https://www.patreon.com/PULL We've also added a gofundme link: https://www.gofundme.com/PULLnet Thank you for your continued love and support!

mikan.mandarin

1115 posts in this topic

Posted

I like these two outfits she’s done lately, only thing that bothers me a bit is the strands of hair with the ponytail that look like those headset microphones but that’s just me being picky.

I’m on the fence about the white bloomers, I know they’re for coverage but I don’t get why they’re so visible if they’re not meant to be seen, am I missing something? Or are they also part of the outfit?

2D753D4D-41A6-41EF-86DF-48CF29BB67F1.jpeg

C905E008-6216-4AEA-9932-7DD040E4DE6D.jpeg

The top outfit is really cute imo, suits her a lot but I wish the skirt was a tad longer.

Posted

The top outfit is really cute imo, suits her a lot but I wish the skirt was a tad longer.

It probably is longer she just makes that weird pose standing on her toes and sticking her stomach out buttock in and the upper body leaning back.

Posted

I think she's gaining more confidence lately! but she still uses Snow for selfies :// Hopefully we can see the real her in a few months when she's more comfortable with a plain selfie. I don't know why Snow is always used ugh. The newer Iphones have this trick if you're sitting in good lighting where you look super golden and your skin is almost blurred from how the camera adjusts. Like why can't she do that? The weird salmon-pink color that Snow adds to your cheeks/lips is so obvious and really ugly. Its such a shitty pink..... bleh. She's too pretty to have stars and hearts around her head, I wish her boyfriend would tell her that but oh well! 

Posted (edited)

I think she's gaining more confidence lately! but she still uses Snow for selfies :// Hopefully we can see the real her in a few months when she's more comfortable with a plain selfie. I don't know why Snow is always used ugh. The newer Iphones have this trick if you're sitting in good lighting where you look super golden and your skin is almost blurred from how the camera adjusts. Like why can't she do that? The weird salmon-pink color that Snow adds to your cheeks/lips is so obvious and really ugly. Its such a shitty pink..... bleh. She's too pretty to have stars and hearts around her head, I wish her boyfriend would tell her that but oh well! 

I don’t see her doing pics without snow filters, she’s definitely leaning towards a cutesy aesthetic so realistically the golden effect you mentioned might look out of place, now if she had a different style that feature would suit her amazingly since her skin tone already has olive undertones so it would really compliment it nicely.

I think she’s so into the cutesy aesthetic that she doesn’t see herself in another style, hopefully with time this will wear out, I was the same, I didn’t think I could pull off a look (not just clothes wise but more about hairstyle/makeup/facial expressions/accessories) that wasn’t cutesy, she’ll probably snap out of this maybe in a few years, but she’s gotta find the true beauty in herself rather than what she wants to see, also I have a feeling that her being in japan isn’t going to make this easy.

EDIT: btw I’m not saying she can’t dress cute or it’s not meant for her, but her blurring off certain facial features doesn’t convince me, I just think she’s trying to pass off a different face from the one she has sometimes IDK how to explain it sorry

Edited by PlanetVenus

Posted

Lol......I'm sorry what part of "just eat more fresh fruit and veggies" is unattainable in Japan??? Does she mean "sorry that means I'd have to cut up the fresh food myself as opposed to going to Hiros traditionally Japanese house for a meal every day." God it amazes me how ignorant these weeb chicks are....like why not just eat more food that's good for you and will actually give you energy if that's your issue????? Sorry apparently I'm the dumb one 😂 I had to unfollow her for that sass, didn't realize she was such a bitch when i was generally trying to help her and be nice about it. Smh Screenshot_20190207-070721_Instagram.thuScreenshot_20190207-070725_Instagram.thu

Posted (edited)

After reading through this thread and seeing how different Mikan was (ie: facebook posts) when there was less of a spotlight on her,  she seems like a two-faced person pulling an ingenuous facade. A few things I don't remember seeing mentioned here were: 1) Her relationship

Does anyone get the feeling she is using her boyfriend for a potential green card? The reason I ask is because when she introduced him, she explicitly (and multiple times at that) stated that she "didn't want a boyfriend", "rejected him" and it wasn't on her mind. But like, come on, I'd bet anything while she was saving up to move, that was one of the first thoughts that crossed her mind into ways she can permanently reside in Japan. She almost seemed defensive in the video (and I know it was a while ago I just didn't see it mentioned here) and why would she need to be so defensive over that if it wasn't true? Seems a little dishonest.

2) That "reading her old emails" video always bugged me.

That part where one of her peers got the part in the play and she didn't and then the peer kept profusely apologizing to her... I just found that odd. Given how much of a fame-whore Mikan seems to be, could it not be, that even as a child she had that desperation for fame (she even emailed Disney for a part lol), so she actually bullied or harassed that girl into apologizing? I just don't see someone apologizing that profusely unless they were harassed, and Mikan's facebook exposed a very self-entitled, catty attitude which makes this seem all the more likely. But of course she wouldn't mention that to her followers. Mikan seems to have this way of "cutely" down-playing anything bad she does ie: "why did she have to apologize it's not about me" which she stated in the video in an innocent, overly cutesy way. I get she was a kid, but it kind of gives away her fame-whore mentality, which is in stark contrast to how she portrays herself now (overly cute, sweet and down playing bad things in a cutesy manner). I saw someone leave a rant post on her Youtube a while back (but I can't find it so she probably deleted it) and it got me thinking. I feel like she used her friends as well (like Venus or Kenna) for exposure, but if you ask Mikan, she was just "lonely" or they shared similar interests and that's the sole reason for befriending them. I mean instead of all the famous Jvloggers, why couldn't she befriend some of the Chinese boys she shit-talked in her language school as well? She just oozes insincerity to me but can promote herself with professionalism to "pull the wool" over people's eyes, so to speak. She even had her friend white knighting her on here, earlier. I don't know, thoughts? Too harsh?

Edited by Matilda Todensangst
typo

Posted

I don't know about you guys but i don't think mikan is a good role model for her fans especially for people with the same ethnicity /facial features. She clearly promots self hatred .she says she dosn't like her olive skin because she can't blush naturally. Says she hates her curls . Blurrs her face and lightens it to look more caucasian . She constantly keeps on bashing herself and her appearance in 70% of her posts . I know she might be insecure and she's free to do whatever she wants with her body but all of this just gives bad vibes to people who look up to her since she is famous now and not just a random girl posting her selfies anymore. I have a younger cousin who kind of have the same facial features as mikan and who happens to like her very much but she told me that she wants to change because mikan did and that she hates the way she looks . This is awful. Mikan if you are reading this please stop and learn to love yourself (sorry for my english . Not a native speaker!)

Posted

I don't know about you guys but i don't think mikan is a good role model for her fans especially for people with the same ethnicity /facial features. She clearly promots self hatred .she says she dosn't like her olive skin because she can't blush naturally. Says she hates her curls . Blurrs her face and lightens it to look more caucasian . She constantly keeps on bashing herself and her appearance in 70% of her posts . I know she might be insecure and she's free to do whatever she wants with her body but all of this just gives bad vibes to people who look up to her since she is famous now and not just a random girl posting her selfies anymore. I have a younger cousin who kind of have the same facial features as mikan and who happens to like her very much but she told me that she wants to change because mikan did and that she hates the way she looks . This is awful. Mikan if you are reading this please stop and learn to love yourself (sorry for my english . Not a native speaker!)

She indeed is Caucasian. That term is not about skin tone, but about bone structure named after the Caucasus mountains, which are the natural border between Europe and Asia. And she lightens her face, because she wants to fit East Asian aesthetics, not European.

main-qimg-0309e312bfee293ddbecfd1c64ae05b3.jpg

Posted

She indeed is Caucasian. That term is not about skin tone, but about bone structure named after the Caucasus mountains, which are the natural border between Europe and Asia. And she lightens her face, because she wants to fit East Asian aesthetics, not European.

main-qimg-0309e312bfee293ddbecfd1c64ae05b3.jpg

oh well sorry my bad . But you know what I mean .she is trying to be someone she is not.

Posted

I like to see peoples opinions, but for me this is a stretch to say.

Maybe it's more about wanting to fit in with a certain "scene", or "aesthetic" rather than fundamentally she dislikes her ethnicity or cultural background. Like when I was 17-20 I wanted to use the MySpace equivalent of snow filters and snapchat filters by having thick side bangs, ridic eyeliner and sepia toned mirror photos. I just wanted to be in that gang, but my cowlick at the front of my hair prevented me from having bangs, man I hated my hair so much for that!!

Now, I agree to a certain extent with you that Mikan is on a social platform, so their is an element of responsibility in what she puts out to a young audience. I'm sorry to hear your cousin feels this way, I hope you can guide them into a more positive perception of themselves. It's interesting that she pointed directly to Mikan, but maybe the argument is more about social media in general and being at certain ages where you generally feel uncomfortable in your own skin. We heard how Mikan herself felt like this in her last video gave, coming to terms with embracing her body shape, maybe she found an element of identity with the body shape of the "scene" she is in now. It's a fine line for these social media folk to tread the line of being "relatable" and then being seen as "promoting" anything negative.

Thank you for providing this info. 

Also, would she be considered a third culture kid? Can't quite remember where she spent certain years and where her Mum and Dad grew up....but as I understand third culture identity is a tricky issue.

Posted

I like to see peoples opinions, but for me this is a stretch to say.

Maybe it's more about wanting to fit in with a certain "scene", or "aesthetic" rather than fundamentally she dislikes her ethnicity or cultural background. Like when I was 17-20 I wanted to use the MySpace equivalent of snow filters and snapchat filters by having thick side bangs, ridic eyeliner and sepia toned mirror photos. I just wanted to be in that gang, but my cowlick at the front of my hair prevented me from having bangs, man I hated my hair so much for that!!

Now, I agree to a certain extent with you that Mikan is on a social platform, so their is an element of responsibility in what she puts out to a young audience. I'm sorry to hear your cousin feels this way, I hope you can guide them into a more positive perception of themselves. It's interesting that she pointed directly to Mikan, but maybe the argument is more about social media in general and being at certain ages where you generally feel uncomfortable in your own skin. We heard how Mikan herself felt like this in her last video gave, coming to terms with embracing her body shape, maybe she found an element of identity with the body shape of the "scene" she is in now. It's a fine line for these social media folk to tread the line of being "relatable" and then being seen as "promoting" anything negative.

Thank you for providing this info. 

Also, would she be considered a third culture kid? Can't quite remember where she spent certain years and where her Mum and Dad grew up....but as I understand third culture identity is a tricky issue.

I agree with you but what i meant to say is that my cousin loves japanese fashion and loves to dress kawai-ish.she was however  unsure about how she would look in these cloyhs since she looks nothing like east asian girls . When she first followed mikan who has the same skin color and facial features as hers it gave her the strength to wear what she likes i was happy to see her confident in her own skin  and believe me when i say it was a massive change in her personality but lately mikan has been constantly blurring and whitening her skin photoshopping her jawline which gave the wrong idea to my cousin . Yhis is just an example of how she influences her followers and I am pretty sure there are hundreds if not thousands of people who love her and think the same way especially if they are too young to understand ,she should really think about that.

Posted

Technically, if she continues to assimilate and live in Japan for good, it would be her fourth culture.

1. Kurdish
2. Swedish
3. British
4. Japanese

Posted

I agree with you but what i meant to say is that my cousin loves japanese fashion and loves to dress kawai-ish.she was however  unsure about how she would look in these cloyhs since she looks nothing like east asian girls . When she first followed mikan who has the same skin color and facial features as hers it gave her the strength to wear what she likes i was happy to see her confident in her own skin  and believe me when i say it was a massive change in her personality but lately mikan has been constantly blurring and whitening her skin photoshopping her jawline which gave the wrong idea to my cousin . Yhis is just an example of how she influences her followers and I am pretty sure there are hundreds if not thousands of people who love her and think the same way especially if they are too young to understand ,she should really think about that.

Ahhhh totally get you now, that makes a lot more sense and I see how this can be problematic. Thanks for the explanation. I follow her vids more rather than photos so I'm not always aware of her editing unless I catch up on here, didn't know this was a marked changed from how she used to be! I'll educate myself by looking back on this thread a bit.

Posted

she should just really embrace whatever she has rather than self-hate cos she is sort of misleading her followers imo.

IMG_3667.thumb.GIF.24094be816f8a3e59b70f

Posted

I don't know about you guys but I believe she is aware of these kind of posts but doesn't care because it fuels her ego. Saying that she named her latest video as such an obvious title so it can be found easily is in itself very triggering for young girls. Also, her story has discrepancies with how she described her past in previous videos. Most likely she is using another person's story as her own. I just can't seem to trust her. I appreciate that the story she told matched with others here but I also don't think it is hers.

New vid is up. Guess everyone has their own things going on and I appreciated her explaining her relationship with food and I liked that she did a trigger warning for the vid. For me she genuinely came across as not bragging or anything, but what's y'all thoughts?

Edit: Thumbnail was a bit unnecessary though!

https://sadblackfatxx.tumblr.com/post/175770394253/rosybonesig-mikanmandarin#notes