• Announcements

• Be a moderator! & Reports Announcement   03/07/19

We're aware that PULL needs more moderation and attention, so we're actively looking to expand our mod crew! If you're a regular user and intend to stay this way, then rest assured that we're working on improving PULL for you. In order to do this, we rely on user reports, so I'd like to take this opportunity to ask everyone to report posts you think break a rule, disrupt discussion or shouldn't be allowed.  There is absolutely no concern over getting too many reports - we get a handful of reports per week. More reports would be great because it helps us figure out how our users want the forum to be - leaving criticism in threads doesn't make it easy for mods to find your opinions. Furthermore, don't worry about being a "snitch" or too harsh - a report doesn't mean action will be taken, that's up to the mods. A report really only tells us to look at the comment and to gauge the community atmosphere. Often times, peer pressure or established community atmosphere will dictate the direction a thread takes, and criticizing certain posts can be uncomfortable or downright futile when the majority disagrees with your view. This leads to groupthink and degradation of thread quality because the loudest/most active users get their way. So reporting is a way to quickly and anonymously (to other users) give feedback to the moderators. If we don't get this feedback, we think everyone's happy and there's no need for change. So use this feature as much as you'd like to help shape PULL into a more constructive community again. If you'd like to be a moderator: Click here for the application form.  

mikan.mandarin

1597 posts in this topic

Posted

when mikan shades kenna, its one of the best thing i have ever read after not being in pull for awhile lol.

IMG_3405.thumb.GIF.597e62ebb114d848204c1

Posted

when mikan shades kenna, its one of the best thing i have ever read after not being in pull for awhile lol.

IMG_3405.thumb.GIF.597e62ebb114d848204c1

Snowflake vs. Snowflake is my fave

Posted

Snowflake vs. Snowflake is my fave

now who will win between snowflakes. i feel like watching a boxing match or something except its more like a shading match.

Posted (edited)

Do you live here? Yes there are many girls who dress like this. Go to a Visual Kei live and you'll see tons of them. Mori girl is not popular right now and neither is K-fashion for girls (make up yes, fashion no, fashion is popular with guys).

If you go on the streets of Tokyo (let's pick Shinjuku) you'll see girls dressed like Mikan in Liz Lisa and Ank Rouge, youll see girls dressed in Lumine Kei (Mish Mash, Avan Lily etc) you'll see OL's (suits) you'll see lotsss of "casual kei" in UNIQLO and the like which is the most popular right now and has been for a few years. Liz Liza etc has been dying out but Ank Rouge is huge so it's sort of a darker "kawaii" as in "yami kawaii" and it's still very prevalent.....there's zero way you live in Tokyo if you think the styles you listed are what's in and if you've never seen at least a couple handfuls of girls a day dressed like Mikan. I'm also one of those girls but I'm not Japanese, although I can't say I like either of the outfits she has on here I do shop at Ank Rouge and their stuff sells out fast for a reason.

The only subculture that's absolutely DEAD is Lolita fashion. Dead as a doorknob.

ETA:

The type of girls who wear Ank and all of that are called "anaru kei" (yes, I know.. but that's not what it means). Google it and you'll find tons of Japanese girls in this style. It really irks me when you have people sitting at their computers all around the world declaring what people here are and are not wearing and the judging what a gaijin is doing because of what they assume. If you're not here then Google around in Japanese. Here, a real Japanese girl dressed just like Mikan. There are thousands of them out and about in Tokyo every single day.

Image result for アンク系

This is from a "trends" article from November 2018:

Image result for 流行ってる服

Current high school trends article:

Image result for 流行ってる服

I'm sort of glad Mikan hasn't touched Lolita fashion...from what I have researched its more about matching certain colours/patterns together (I haven't tried the Lolita fashion style yet but do like how charming it is) I doubt Mikan could coordinate the outfits well without looking very OTT or even degrading the style. 

I watched a lot of Lucky bag vids early this Jan and they had alot of Ank Rouge stuff out. I do like the look of some outfits it's like a softer version of sweet Lolita or fairy kei (I'm not good at describing fashion so do excuse me but to me at least it's just a low down sweet girl next door look kinda mix of K-fashion too)

I do however think Kenna style would suit Mikan waaaayyyy moreee!! LOL

Edited by missconspiracy101

Posted

I'm sort of glad Mikan hasn't touched Lolita fashion...from what I have researched its more about matching certain colours/patterns together (I haven't tried the Lolita fashion style yet but do like how charming it is) I doubt Mikan could coordinate the outfits well without looking very OTT or even degrading the style. 

I watched a lot of Lucky bag vids early this Jan and they had alot of Ank Rouge stuff out. I do like the look of some outfits it's like a softer version of sweet Lolita or fairy kei (I'm not good at describing fashion so do excuse me but to me at least it's just a low down sweet girl next door look kinda mix of K-fashion too)

I do however think Kenna style would suit Mikan waaaayyyy moreee!! LOL

kenna doesn’t have a style thought, Mikan’s weak point is colours and accessories, it’s just a question of swapping/taking away an element or two, kenna is just tragic I can’t even describe what her style is or looks like 

Posted

She's 1000000000000000000000000000000000% reading here. She's been subtly shading Kenna since she got to Japan, all based on PULL criticisms. Mikan's a lurker, and unlike many others - it's nice to see she takes our advice and applies it. 

can I get a tldr on why she's shading kenna? I thought she gave kenna the idea to move and helped her get to japan : O

Posted

can I get a tldr on why she's shading kenna? I thought she gave kenna the idea to move and helped her get to japan : O

Kenna asked in her story for people to help her write a card so she can ask with it people to film in their shops or something. Mikan commented:

11.jpg

111.jpg

Posted

I don't think anybody really knows why, she just kind of started doing it a few days ago. Some people in Kenna's thread said she was probably trying to distance herself and others said that maybe she realized Kenna used her+Venus for views last time, but it's just speculation so far

Posted (edited)

As others have already said, it's kind of just speculation so far. There have just been a variety of coincidences, one example being Kenna constantly going out for Starbucks every single day, and then Mikan 'randomly' contrasting it with being like "wow what a treat to get Starbucks!" in her own Insta story which highlights how privileged Kenna is (which Kenna h a t e s for some reason). It started with people thinking it was weird how Kenna never gave Mikan a proper shout-out in her "Moving to Japan" video (she just said "a friend" helped her move but never properly named or linked to Mikan even though deep in the comments section at one point she had stated that, yes, it was Mikan helping her). Someone semi-joking said Kenna and Mikan will likely become frenemies, since Mikan is (in a lot of ways) what Kenna wishes she was but Kenna will never admit that because she has to be the unique one-and-only in all aspects of her life. So every time Mikan does/insinuates something that people have criticized about Kenna people just kind of wonder if the frenemies relationship is turning into a reality.

funny enough, around six minutes in to her most recent video Venus also (unintentionally??) dragged Kenna by making fun of "basic bitch relatable" white female millennial youtubers who're all obsessed with Starbucks and autumn and Halloween lmao OOPS?

Edited by chaisah
typo

Posted

kenna doesn’t have a style thought, Mikan’s weak point is colours and accessories, it’s just a question of swapping/taking away an element or two, kenna is just tragic I can’t even describe what her style is or looks like 

50 shades of god damn beige is her style :hmm:

As much as Mikans style can be a little mismatched sometimes, at least it has some personality unlike the aforementioned.

Posted

So mikans new video popped up in my feed and I only just realised how much she shops (or in her word "just filters") her Instagram pics. I knew she shopped the dimple chin thing but looks like she shortens it a lot too.

She looks quite different in her videos! (First pic is her instagram photo for comparison). 

Also I'm REALLY not into her little short and thick eyebrows she has in her video, like what the heck is going on, it isn't even a style that I'm aware of??

20190122_204118.jpg

20190122_204004.jpg

Screenshot_20190122-202046_YouTube.jpg

20190122_203944.jpg

Screenshot_20190122-201715_YouTube.jpg

20190122_203955.jpg

Posted

So mikans new video popped up in my feed and I only just realised how much she shops (or in her word "just filters") her Instagram pics. I knew she shopped the dimple chin thing but looks like she shortens it a lot too.

She looks quite different in her videos! (First pic is her instagram photo for comparison). 

Also I'm REALLY not into her little short and thick eyebrows she has in her video, like what the heck is going on, it isn't even a style that I'm aware of??

20190122_204118.jpg

20190122_204004.jpg

Screenshot_20190122-202046_YouTube.jpg

20190122_203944.jpg

Screenshot_20190122-201715_YouTube.jpg

20190122_203955.jpg

while the dimple is definitely edited I think the length hasn’t been touched, imo it’s just the higher angle vs the straight on angle in her video, I think it’s also the blurred dark shadow from the dimple making the area look shorter as it looks like it’s the same colour as the neck so it blends in.

Also Yeah not a fan of the small eyebrows either, they look too cartoony(?) 

Posted

I find it funny that her apartment video covered a lot of things that Kenna's video didn't. Like she probs watched Kenna's video and took notes to make hers more informative 😂

Posted

they kind of remind me of slightly longer shiba eyebrows lol 

but not quite as cute

yaflm8m9m1l01.jpg