• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

mikan.mandarin

2304 posts in this topic

Posted

Moving update (sorry to double post):

8C01BB27-2EAA-4D06-970C-7E582227E94E.png

I'm glad she's managing to move away asap...the whole situation sounds super freaky and I would be terrified. I don't think asking for money in this case is too terrible either because it's kind of a dire situation, and even though she's been shitty about sponsorships or whatever, she doesn't seem like someone who would make up some story just for money. 

Also it's a plus that she's keeping her followers updated on what's happening! 

Posted

Another little update:

3B8A1563-1DBA-4CFA-B29D-8B9E201F7384.png

Posted (edited)

Edited by mushroom

Posted

Any thoughts about how Mikan supposedly "forced" Venus to lingerie??

:alpacaconfused: I haven't heard this, sauce? Where can I read more about this allegation?

Posted

:alpacaconfused: I haven't heard this, sauce? Where can I read more about this allegation?

Venus's recent video she says Mikan told her to get lingerie. I wouldn't say she 'forced' her to get it though, she talked her into getting but I doubt she was super forcible.

TTh

Posted

Any thoughts about how Mikan supposedly "forced" Venus to lingerie??

I doubt it was forced. I know she recently said about how she wears lingerie over normal clothing because it's cute and suggested it to Venus.

Posted

Looks like she’s getting the room of her new place all situated! Must feel so good to be in a new place and feeling safer since that incident with the creepy guy. 

5CB87D80-83F2-4E6C-96CD-081D59987B36.png

0C7A9E56-58D8-4CCD-ACAD-A7BAE2DDEFBA.png

4CADF53A-B4C4-4A0D-B2CC-21AFA7CE430F.png

Posted

Not sure if i should post this here or in the Tsuruko thread but that one is dead. But Tsuruko had a live stream on IG the other day and someone asked her if she and Mikan are still friends. She said basically no they arent and shes not going to say much about it or bash Mikan but basically she shouldn't have trusted someone from the internet and left it at that. Im sorry i dont have any proof i didnt know how else to post what she said. The IG video is gone now :alpacaworry:

Posted

"I know more about Japan than you do even though you're japanese" under this post. I put a part of the argument in spoiler but it's still going on as we speak so...

MikanKimono.thumb.jpg.2360fc040789ead513

Posted

"I know more about Japan than you do even though you're japanese" under this post. I put a part of the argument in spoiler but it's still going on as we speak so...

Hidden Content

Holy crap she deleted all the comments about the argument. What a mature way to act. She might earn her place in the snowflake section soon... I'm so happy I screened most of it lol.

Posted

That was so ignorant and childish. The person was not remotely rude and she felt the need to educate a Japanese person on how to act Japanese. Then to read that she deleted everything... what would have been the harm in just apologizing and saying.. "maybe I was wrong and was quick to speak, thank you for sharing, I will do more research". She looked incredibly snotty and arrogant. I am glad she got away from that creepy guy... but... she doesn't seem..... hmm.. I will hold my opinion to myself for now... -_-

Posted

That was unnecessary of her, the person was actually very nice in the way they told her that her kimono was a yukata because I've seen other post where someone from blank culture will go off and it can be quite off-putting. 

There are so many types of Kimono, however, the most common types for tourist and foreigners to wear are Yukata since they are cheaper and aren't really tied to a cultural festivity like a Furisode.

Her response reminds me of every single person that claims they are "into" a certain culture but don't know jack about since the only thing that ties them to the culture is pop culture or something like that*

*I'm not saying pop culture bad as it is part of many countries cultures but it's so surface level that you can't really say you are really into ____culture because you listen to music or watch TV.

Posted

Yikes. Did it never cross her mind that there's a reason people call yukata a "yukata", not a "kimono", even though it's a type of kimono? Sort of like people call jeans "jeans", not trousers, even though they are a type of trousers.

Posted (edited)

Yikes. Did it never cross her mind that there's a reason people call yukata a "yukata", not a "kimono", even though it's a type of kimono? Sort of like people call jeans "jeans", not trousers, even though they are a type of trousers.

it's almost as if...they're two different things.
I think someone should give Mikan the memo.

Edited by ayase
just read this in a sarcastic tone