• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

mikan.mandarin

2535 posts in this topic

Posted

I totally understand that she wants to move out asap and actually can leave latest in a month, I probably would have had several breakdowns already. She hopefully doesn't have too much stuff yet, so moving out shouldn't be too difficult. But what an awful situation, she has more details on her GFM page and living so far away from everyone and not being in contact with anyone in your house to help you in the worst case is so fucking scary. I hope she gets the money she needs quickly...

(I didn't know about foreigners not being allowed to carry pepper spray and pocket knives...)

Posted

She's gonna wake up to her goal having been reached already, that's really good news!

Posted

When I saw what happened it honestly scared me, like, it would be impossible to sleep afterwards. But it's good that she's reaching her goal so fast on GFM, at least she'll be able to move fast.

And about pepper spray, it's illegal in several countries. In Belgium it's also forbidden, unfortunately, because it can leave you defenceless as a girl sometimes.

Posted

She's gonna wake up to her goal having been reached already, that's really good news!

You’re right, she did!

9077168F-71A3-4AB3-94ED-58781215D0FF.png

BE5844CF-4C20-4B87-972B-0A84EAB073A7.png

Posted

Asking for money smells fishy for me. 

Posted

Asking for money smells fishy for me. 

She explained it throgoughly on her GoFundMe and since she reached her goal, she even closed it now for donations, so I don't see what's "fishy" about it. She's only working part-time and moving in Japan is extremely expensive for someone who hasn't saved up much money yet, she only asked for help because she wants to move from there asap and can't afford paying rent for two apartments.

Posted

She explained it throgoughly on her GoFundMe and since she reached her goal, she even closed it now for donations, so I don't see what's "fishy" about it. She's only working part-time and moving in Japan is extremely expensive for someone who hasn't saved up much money yet, she only asked for help because she wants to move from there asap and can't afford paying rent for two apartments.

Since she brags about how many sponsorship she gets, there would be no problem to get money so fast, that is the reason. She could take it, show it and then sell it. 

Posted

Since she brags about how many sponsorship she gets, there would be no problem to get money so fast, that is the reason. She could take it, show it and then sell it. 

That's... not fast. Aside from all that stuff that would be piling up at her small apartment and then she would need to ship it out and everything before moving. Now she can probably move next weekend. Packing up her stuff takes time as well.

Posted

That's... not fast. Aside from all that stuff that would be piling up at her small apartment and then she would need to ship it out and everything before moving. Now she can probably move next weekend. Packing up her stuff takes time as well.

Waiting what expensive stuff she will get.

Posted

Correct me if I’m wrong. But with her sponsorships, doesn’t she just receive free clothing and products to promote? I was under the impression she was given free stuff and asked to promote it by taking photos to share on social media. Then given one of those discount codes to share with her followers. But the percentage you make off the people who actually use the code to buy something is minuscule. People don’t typically make bank on those things as far as I know.

Or does she actually ship products to people too? Either way, it seems like that’s not some sort of gig that would slap a fat wad of cash into her hand overnight in an emergency situation. People are so bitter. Waiting to see her new place next weekend.

Posted (edited)

Correct me if I’m wrong. But with her sponsorships, doesn’t she just receive free clothing and products to promote? I was under the impression she was given free stuff and asked to promote it by taking photos to share on social media. Then given one of those discount codes to share with her followers. But the percentage you make off the people who actually use the code to buy something is minuscule. People don’t typically make bank on those things as far as I know.

Or does she actually ship products to people too? Either way, it seems like that’s not some sort of gig that would slap a fat wad of cash into her hand overnight in an emergency situation. People are so bitter. Waiting to see her new place next weekend.

i think people just think she can sell the stuff she gets for free but, having done sponsorship/reviews myself, those are generally cheap clothes honestly... i guess she could overprice but tbh i think thats way shittier than just asking for 500$.(or w/e, it was under a 1000 no?) .. which imo isnt such a huge amount anyway... i was a bit confused since i only saw she said the person talked to her but, better to be safe than sorry i guess... glad it worked out either way

Edited by vader_chan

Posted

i think people just think she can sell the stuff she gets for free but, having done sponsorship/reviews myself, those are generally cheap clothes honestly... i guess she could overprice but tbh i think thats way shittier than just asking for 500$.(or w/e, it was under a 1000 no?) .. which imo isnt such a huge amount anyway... i was a bit confused since i only saw she said the person talked to her but, better to be safe than sorry i guess... glad it worked out either way

Should have taken screenshots, but I wasn't on my laptop, so I hope you can trust my word...

She said the guy kept trying to initiate a conversation, then reached his hand out as if to shake hands and Mikan thought he's gonna leave if she does so, but then he just held her hand and stroked it while rambling about how she's so skinny. After she had taken an extra round around the block and went back inside, he apparently banged against her door or window (means he followed her the whole time to see which room she's in) and that's why she let her Japanese friend call the police.

She wanted something around $600 btw and stopped it at something with $800.

Posted (edited)

Should have taken screenshots, but I wasn't on my laptop, so I hope you can trust my word...

She said the guy kept trying to initiate a conversation, then reached his hand out as if to shake hands and Mikan thought he's gonna leave if she does so, but then he just held her hand and stroked it while rambling about how she's so skinny. After she had taken an extra round around the block and went back inside, he apparently banged against her door or window (means he followed her the whole time to see which room she's in) and that's why she let her Japanese friend call the police.

She wanted something around $600 btw and stopped it at something with $800.

tnx for filling me in... that rly sounds creepy af. and like i said, better safe tham sorry even if it was something differeny... also, its really not a huge amountnof money so idk why its even an argument. if people are willing to donate to her and if its gonna help her feel safer, i really dont see a problem, honestly. not to mention, pit yourself in her shoes... imagine being im a foreing country and having some creep show up at your door. tbh I'd also move asap lol. 

(anyway, i mostly replied just to say that even selling her sponsored stuff, probably wouldn't make her enough cash in addition to it taking a long time to sell) 

Edited by vader_chan

Posted

Since her life could potentially be in danger in this situation and she needs to move quick, it just would not have been the smartest decision for her to make listings for items she has and then wait for people to buy them (assuming anyone buys anything at all). It would have taken way more time for her to get the money she needed, and may not even have helped much at all. 

@vader_chan On Page 4 down towards the bottom I posted screenshots of what Mikan said happened to her. They’re from her Instagram story.

Posted (edited)

Moving update (sorry to double post):

8C01BB27-2EAA-4D06-970C-7E582227E94E.png

Edited by AnarchyStocking