• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

mikan.mandarin

1798 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

She's basically asking for handouts to fund her lifestyle which is pretty shameless. 

Um, you chose to move to Japan and live/study there. Why are you holding your hand out asking for money?? Even if she was really broke, she should be asking her family or boyfriend for help, not strangers (regardless of if they are stupid enough to pay $20USD for a shoutout wtf). I'd rather donate my money to proper charity than to pay off her clothing bill because she can't budget properly!!  

Edited by yeaipeas

Posted (edited)

Edited by ---

Posted

The number of followers these shout out recipients gets number in the tens, not the hundreds. It's really a waste of money for people. They would be better off paying Instagram for ads to publicize their page. 

Posted

I'm more surprised there are people willing to pay her for a shoutout. She's not even that "famous". 

Posted (edited)

She's done a few things proving she reads PULL and here's one more to add to the list

Screenshot_20181128-023744_Instagram.jpg

Edited by elefire

Posted

In her assumptions video she claimed she hasn’t read “online gossip threads” (pull) in months now and that it helped her mental health to not read it. She seems really sensitive... even though this thread is super tame and nice. We just react to her brattiness / discuss her in general. She should read katieaegis thread if she wants to see an example of PULL dragging someone. 

heres a tip vina since I know ur reading: Don’t be ridiculous, and we won’t have much to talk about. You brought this thread on yourself, no one forced you to portray yourself so insufferable and bratty

Posted

Does anyone remember Mikan before she got famous and moved to japan? I know a few people who were/are friends with her so I always saw her posts being shared by them on fb. She would post outfit pics as if she was already super internet famous when she didn't even have that sort of following... but i guess slowly it worked? I guess her youtube vids helped for sure also, I think thats where she got most her followers starting out. Seeing her try so hard with her posts, I didn't think she would blow up. I thought her approach wasn't going to get her anywhere, I thought she would fluke like a lot of girls on the internet who try to do the same end up. A LOT of mutuals of ours made fun of her on the regular for trying to become internet famous, talking about how skinny she is. I think the bullying got so bad that she left fb for a while because of it. Then all of a sudden, the next time I see her name is on ig in my explore tab and I see shes got a huge following. Its so weird. 

Posted

I feel like a lot of the reason she got famous was because she went to Japan. I also think that if she doesn't change/improve her content she is not going to grow from now on because the initial fascination with her is wearing off. (As indicated by her stagnating follower growth). I wonder what she is going to do once her language school time runs out because what she is doing is not sustainable, and she is rather limited by not having a college degree. She might as well just enroll in a four year college and get a degree rather than spending money on a language program that has little real world value (based on the fact that she doesn't have a degree and lacks real world skills). 

Posted

Does anyone remember Mikan before she got famous and moved to japan? I know a few people who were/are friends with her so I always saw her posts being shared by them on fb. She would post outfit pics as if she was already super internet famous when she didn't even have that sort of following... but i guess slowly it worked? I guess her youtube vids helped for sure also, I think thats where she got most her followers starting out. Seeing her try so hard with her posts, I didn't think she would blow up. I thought her approach wasn't going to get her anywhere, I thought she would fluke like a lot of girls on the internet who try to do the same end up. A LOT of mutuals of ours made fun of her on the regular for trying to become internet famous, talking about how skinny she is. I think the bullying got so bad that she left fb for a while because of it. Then all of a sudden, the next time I see her name is on ig in my explore tab and I see shes got a huge following. Its so weird. 

That's interesting. I heard that she faked marrying a guy in some community, do you know anything about that? Because I've been really curious as to why she did that and what happened when people found out. Also interesting to know she has always bragged about being skinny.

Posted

That's interesting. I heard that she faked marrying a guy in some community, do you know anything about that? Because I've been really curious as to why she did that and what happened when people found out. Also interesting to know she has always bragged about being skinny.

This may have been before I knew of her. I would assume it was a fake facebook marriage-internet boyfriend. She had/still has a bunch of people added from the shitposting community side of fb (predominately right wing type 4chan incels), it could have been someone from there. It seems like she has deleted most of them now though (with the exception of some girl shitposters who dont seem bad) because of the bullying that came from them. They can make anyone leave facebook if they wanted to.

Posted

Take a shot every time she says the word adorable in this video....
She may have seen the comments made here about her last look books outfits, seeing she makes a point at the start about it 'not being cold in Tokyo compared to Sweden where she is from hehehehe' -_- 

Posted

She may have seen the comments made here about her last look books outfits, seeing she makes a point at the start about it 'not being cold in Tokyo compared to Sweden where she is from hehehehe' -_- 

The way she poses is quite awkward.. she seems to be liking aimlessly wandering rather than posing. 

Posted

Im sorry but if her winter is as cold as America's summers than those outfits would pass. In the winter season she will FREEZE in those.

I don't understand americans that move to Japan and do lookbooks for seasons that obviously the outfits won't fit the weather. If you want to do a lookbook for some new things you got - be my guest. No one will batch an eye, it will be a nice video. But just because Winter comes up and people search "Winter lookbook" in their youtube search back it doesnt mean you have to slap "Winter" or any other season on it to make it more 'relevant".

Posted (edited)

Alright, after watching her stories and reading the comments in her ig posts. I have started to grow a small disliking for her. I really don't like how she complains over every single thing. I sense annoyance and bitterness in her replies and videos. We get it, you're annoyed at people asking the same things over and over again. But it's also annoying when you reply to these people and then a full blown argument stars over if you're being sarcastic or not. lmao. Stop getting offended when people ask if you're cold while wearing a skirt. Shit's not that deep fam. 

Screen_Shot_2018-11-30_at_4.57.56_PM.thu

Also that shoop tho.

Edited by mushroom

Posted

Alright, after watching her stories and reading the comments in her ig posts. I have started to grow a small disliking for her. I really don't like how she complains over every single thing. I sense annoyance and bitterness in her replies and videos. We get it, you're annoyed at people asking the same things over and over again. But it's also annoying when you reply to these people and then a full blown argument stars over if you're being sarcastic or not. lmao. Stop getting offended when people ask if you're cold while wearing a skirt. Shit's not that deep fam. 

Hidden Content

Also that shoop tho.

Oh man, that shoop is so obvious when you look at video still right above. Yikes.