• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

mikan.mandarin

2307 posts in this topic

Posted

That response is so weird "Every time I curl my hair I get a comment like this or someone asking me if my straightening treatment stopped working." Why does she have a problem with people asking if the treatment stopped working? She really does seem ashamed to have naturally tighter curls.

Posted

What's her natural hair texture? because to me it just feels like she never learned to care for it properly and instead straightened her hair to not have to deal with it? :alpacaconfused: I have wavy/curly hair (but im a mixed kid with asian hair strength) and my waves were shit for a long time because I didn't take care of it. 

I don't have an issue with her straightening/curling her hair to style the way she wishes but she could probably learn to care for her hair as to not damage it any further imho. Also because it would, in the long run, probably teach her that she could always have the smooth hair of her dreams if someone taught her how to and she could promote that rather than treatments etc that come off as trying to fade natural features into something else

Posted (edited)

Outfit video (from the shopping vlog):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zjm9163sqbY

I'm currently zapping through her video and her voice-over seems kinda .. fake for me. Might be her voice and intonation, but .. not sure how I feel about it personally. If I see her comments and things on Instagram in this thread it feels like she is just trying very, very hard. The overly peace sign, awkward poses seem a bit .. hard to watch. If I would be walking through the park and see a girl acting like a 5-y/o I'd probably raise an eyebrow or two. You can be cute while not acting like a child. Take Taylor R her 2016 Autumn Lookbook for example, it's cute, simple, and not as fake feeling as Mikan her video. I just wish she'd just take out the voice over, put some nice music under it and cut to shots that are actually relevant (or more autumn like). I need some more visual attention, details, more autumn vibes. It feels like this could be spring imo.

I do have to say: From what I've seen so far on her outfits, these outfits are actually quite an upgrade regarding her fashion sense. I'd totally buy the cardaign as well myself.

Edited by Pepopai

Posted

^^^that pink cardigan is super cute I wish she put links in the descriptions to the items she wore :alpacasad:. The voice isn't too bad imo.(Nowhere near as bad as some e-girls)  But it definitely sounds forced.  

Posted

The voice really annoyed me here. It sounded happy in a fake way and more high pitched than usual

Posted

I'm currently zapping through her video and her voice-over seems kinda .. fake for me. Might be her voice and intonation, but .. not sure how I feel about it personally. If I see her comments and things on Instagram in this thread it feels like she is just trying very, very hard. The overly peace sign, awkward poses seem a bit .. hard to watch. If I would be walking through the park and see a girl acting like a 5-y/o I'd probably raise an eyebrow or two. You can be cute while not acting like a child. Take Taylor R her 2016 Autumn Lookbook for example, it's cute, simple, and not as fake feeling as Mikan her video. I just wish she'd just take out the voice over, put some nice music under it and cut to shots that are actually relevant (or more autumn like). I need some more visual attention, details, more autumn vibes. It feels like this could be spring imo.

I do have to say: From what I've seen so far on her outfits, these outfits are actually quite an upgrade regarding her fashion sense. I'd totally buy the cardaign as well myself.

not going to watch the video but judging from the still, the colour scheme of the clothes (red, green) remind me more of christmas than autumn. I actually dig the outfit from the left picture.

Posted (edited)

Autumn is supposed to be chilly, that thumbnail pic looks so stupid, put some damn leggings on and stop being so vain, "oh it's not kawaii to cover my legs even if it's cold, gotta look cute more important than being warm!" 

Literally looks like she has a jacket without pants on. So kawaii. 9_9

Edited by Seriously

Posted

Autumn is supposed to be chilly, that thumbnail pic looks so stupid, put some damn leggings on and stop being so vain, "oh it's not kawaii to cover my legs even if it's cold, gotta look cute more important than being warm!" 

tbh i dont find autumn in japan all that cold though so i wouldnt fault her for not wearing leggings. just depends on the individual i guess. 

Posted

So not to white knight or anything but its freaking hot in Tokyo still (feels like 80 degrees fahrenheit + humidity even though its almost mid October) and it was probably insanely hot and humid when she was filming that (90 degrees fahrenheit + humidity) so I don't think its about vanity it's about practically. On the contrary if she wore leggings she could possibly get heat stroke and it was probably pretty sweltering wearing any type of cheap synthetic arm covering (the clothes that she wears aren't particularly high quality and are the disposable dregs of fast fashion).  I agree the looks don't seem particularly practical for cool/ chilly fall weather but they weren't meant to be given the current meteorological conditions in this global warming scorched country. 

Posted

honestly this whole video screams "FAKE" to me, i'm cringing so much

Posted

I mean at least we can see the real her :D

Posted

I didn't find her voice to be as fake as the way she was acting. I'm so tired of a lot of these girls who make more uwu poses than actually make a good and helpful video. I didn't find the outfits to be very cute however that's just an opinion. I wish instead of all these look books people would try to implement something of more value to their viewers. 

Posted

So not to white knight or anything but its freaking hot in Tokyo still (feels like 80 degrees fahrenheit + humidity even though its almost mid October) and it was probably insanely hot and humid when she was filming that (90 degrees fahrenheit + humidity) so I don't think its about vanity it's about practically. On the contrary if she wore leggings she could possibly get heat stroke and it was probably pretty sweltering wearing any type of cheap synthetic arm covering (the clothes that she wears aren't particularly high quality and are the disposable dregs of fast fashion).  I agree the looks don't seem particularly practical for cool/ chilly fall weather but they weren't meant to be given the current meteorological conditions in this global warming scorched country. 

but why dress warm af up top but look like you have no pants on? How is that gonna keep you cool if it's hot there? Yeah I'm in eastern PA and it was hot today, but autumn does get chilly later. I will never understand dressing warm up top but leaving legs exposed. Looks stupid.

Posted (edited)

She sounds like the really bad, forced happy voiceover voice from the kawaii.i videos.

The one from the first 20 seconds of this:

Edited by Xander