• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

mikan.mandarin

2298 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

She seems to have become close friends with Venus though, I'm surprised she'd want to leave right away?

I don't want to be rude or assuming, but I don't believe Mikan is a genuine friend to Venus.

Firstly, the two have never truly interacted prior to her move to Japan. It was reveal by herself somewhere that they became acquainted because she began messaging all these Jvlogers and other internet personalities to meet up and be friends with her so she won't be alone. Hence her new pact of internet famous friends like Venus, @emm.jc, @yuyu.monster, @naomeoww, @chirikku and a few others within 2 months of her move.

Honestly, where were people like this in her life before coming to Japan? She has never truly interacted with anyone like this or hoped right onto meeting up with new people, but as soon as she's in Japan, she has mooched onto whoever she can find.. The only person that might have been an exception is Tsuruko, but the two don't even follow each other anymore or like each other's pics or even interact, which seems to indicate that they are no longer friends.

Frankly speaking, considering the entitled and clout-thirsty things she says on FB, it gives the impression that her friends are not truly 'friends'; but just a stepping-stone for growing fame. Particularly Venus, since she is the most well-known out of all those people and she is also the most vulnerable.

I'm gonna bet that when she moves to South Korea, she's going to do the same and meet up and befriend all those KVloggers and other people, all while her old friends in Japan fade away.

And lastly, she moved to Japan without knowing Japanese and hoping she will learn it all there. But all that's shown are several daily pics of herself, outfits, people she meets, the city, food, trips and places... like girl.... are you really studying to learn the language or just there for the student visa to live the ~NIHONEXPERIENCESU~???

Edited by Caeleigh

Posted

And lastly, she moved to Japan without knowing Japanese and hoping she will learn it all there. But all that's shown are several daily pics of herself, outfits, people she meets, the city, food, trips and places... like girl.... are you really studying to learn the language or just there for the student visa to live the ~NIHONEXPERIENCESU~???

Do you know how and why she could go to Japan? Is she a student there or? I'd never be able to go to a country without planning to learn the language :alpacaworry:

Posted

Do you know how and why she could go to Japan? Is she a student there or? I'd never be able to go to a country without planning to learn the language :alpacaworry:

She actually made a whole video to answer all of that.

Posted

I never realized she wasn't friends with Tsuruko anymore?

Since Tsuruko was friends with Venus and Mika was friends with Tsuruko I always gave the benefit of the doubt that's how Venus and Mika became friends. I did start to get a bit suspicious though when Mika suddenly made a YT channel and began to get really close to Venus.

Tbh I hope Venus doesn't get that hurt in the end when she finds out Mika is only using her.

Posted

Lmao I’m sorry but she moved to another country what’s wrong with trying to make friends? Like she didn’t know these people before because they lived on the other side of the world... I think Instagram is a perfectly good place to contact new people you have similar interests with and make friends

Also @caeleigh why are you pulling statements out of your ass and claiming they’re fact, she’s never said she wants to go to Korea lol I don’t see the point in you making that up

Posted

Eh... I feel like you are just nitpicking lol. You know a lot of people actually go to study abroad to learn languages, it's not uncommon. Like a lot of people go to America, Canada, etc to learn English, even if they barely know the language. 
Plus the point of studying abroad is to actually go out and use the language, or do you expect her to just stay in her room and study all day and night? Surely she just puts whatever is aesthetically pleasing on her social media 

Posted (edited)

What do you all think about what just went on on her Instagram story? Some people are somehow criticising her for calling herself Asian because she's Kurdish, they consider she's lying (I guess). Do you think she's reaching by calling herself Asian? (as in something a weeb would very much do)

Edited by hollyhock
grammar correction

Posted

What do you all think about what just went on on her Instagram story? Some people are somehow criticising her for calling herself Asian because she's Kurdish, they consider she's lying (I guess). Do you think she's reaching by calling herself Asian? (as in something a weeb would very much do)

Kurds are about as Asian as Turks, Armenians and Irani. So yeah, reaching. 

Posted

That is geographically correct, unless she starts to call herself East Asian, then it will become a problem.

Posted

That is geographically correct, unless she starts to call herself East Asian, then it will become a problem.

Yeah I guess as long as she doesn't call herself East Asian, it's fine. I guess that was the misunderstanding at first from one of the questions in her story.

Posted

Her shaved off eyebrow arch is just... :stoplz:

Posted

aw man, i honestly thought it was so sweet that she and venus were friends despite what people say about venus online. but seeing how fucking spoiled and rude she sounded over sponsors and stuff really puts me off. 

Posted

Well this really sucks :alpacaworry: There’s more details on her Instagram story right now.

AE21E1DD-1CD2-4322-84FD-6207C660F67D.png

B7B82222-1A34-4A54-81FD-C2D4ABBF44D9.png

98EEC6BF-2A56-4F36-BDDF-7148E0E801FE.png

E18C2CCF-A2B1-4758-AAFE-384ED1FE3160.png

Posted (edited)

she's starting a GoFundMe to move.

Is she staying in japan?

Edit: yeah she is I looked at her GoFundMe

She's not asking for a lot, I hope she manages to get out of there. I wouldn't be able to sleep after that either

Edited by jadedotgif

Posted

Yeah, knowing how bad the stalking crisis is and how extreme a lot of cases can get, I don’t think she’s being over dramatic. The guy lives less then a minute away from her and knows which house she stays in. That is some sketchy shit that I do not fuck with. She asked her followers if she should make the GoFundMe, and if they wanna help her then I think that’s cool. She’s not asking for much.