• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.

mikan.mandarin

5712 posts in this topic

Posted

In order for her to do that,she would need to leave the country and get her treatment overseas.

She could just... go to another doctor in Japan... She doesn't have to go overseas to see another psychiatrist ya know.

Posted

I can't help but wonder since all of this feels so fishy ie: 30 minute diagnosis and prescribed serious medicine without actually knowing the patient??? (and I really hate to think somebody would do this and I don't want to accuse her of doing this), but... what are the chances she's doing this for views? Saw how many views and buzz Venus got? Saw how many views and buzz other people with mental health get? Has she really run dry of content and thought that this could give her some juicy or relatable content to talk about? This is probably a stretch, but I can't help but wonder...

Not sure if she did it 'for views' to begin with, but it's certainly a positive side effect (in her eyes) - just look at the video comments. Everyone is just fawning over her and flooding her with the attention she clearly so desperately wants needs.

Posted

She could just... go to another doctor in Japan... She doesn't have to go overseas to see another psychiatrist ya know.

considering how common it is for them to misdiagnose, give quick diagnosed and just in general not do a great job, I dont think anyone would want to see another psychiatrist there. I'm sure they're not all THAT bad but it's a very big problem in Japan in general 

Posted

Maybe you’re right.I have seen some users here pointing out that psychiatry isn’t one of Japan’s medical strengths.

Posted

Im still going with Frogger set this  "I have mental illness" all off. I can totally see her asking "why are you always coming home late" or "why do you have a whole 2nd FB profile you never told me about." And him just gaslighting her into thinking she's mentally unstable for noticing it. Constant presents and gifts maybe starting to add up finacially.

Posted

honestly she really doesn't deserve any of it. though i can only feel bad for her so much since the warning signs were all there and she chose to ignore them.

Posted

She kept using terms like "up and down", feeling highs and lows very intensely, talking about depression as an episode and alluding to a supposed cycle she goes through with her mental health. It sounded so forced to fit the bipolar diagnosis. She spent the whole video bringing attention to the fact that she is oh so depressed, but she doesn't know why! Don't worry, it will pass, but did I mention I'm depressed yet?

Eugh.

Posted

As much as this girl annoys me, she's also a victim here. She's being love bombed, an age old tactic used by narcissists, predators, abusers, and cults, and having gotten caught up in it myself (albeit only in a religious setting) I can attest that you end up falling for and becoming dependent on them hard. Especially if you're in a vulnerable position anyway - as Vina was, being lonely, burnt out, about to fail Bunka, and totally not over her ex.

Any of this sound familiar?

• Being in constant contact via text or social media (hmm)
  • Constant PDA in front of friends/family or on social media to make it more difficult for the victim to end the relationship, as they'd have to do so publicly (hmmmm)
  • Being lavished with attention and gifts (hmmmmmm)
  • Finding your insecurities and exploiting them to hurt you or otherwise cause you harm (hmmmmmmm)
  • Rushing into commitment - rushing into saying 'I love you,' moving in together, getting pets, or getting engaged/married to 'lock down' the relationship, again to make it harder for the victim to leave (HMMMMMMMM)

The kicker is that in general the honeymoon phase doesn't last long with these people, and when it does, the victim won't know what hit them. The bomber will do a complete 180 and become a totally different person, which we 100% know Yasu has done before, but by then it's far too late. When he does turn on her, what is she going to do exactly? Nothing, because she can't, and that's what he's been planning for the whole time.

I feel for her. I do. Nobody deserves to be love bombed or stuck with someone as abusive and disgusting as this man. But boy has she made things so much more difficult for herself now.

i totally agree, there is no doubt about it. (i mean i have been in an abusive relationship myself) she doesn't deserve any of what's happening or what will happen but my point is she does make her own choices. i mean i saw all the red flags for myself, but i decided to ignore them too, and in that case i wasn't manipulated or anything i just thought because it was me, it wouldn't turn out that way. idk if mikan has/d that mindset or not but i do think a lot of people somehow feel like even if bad things happen in relationships to someone else, it won't happen to them because it will be "different" when it never is. i'm not victim blaming, i also hope i don't come off that way ;-; (cause then i'd have to point fingers at myself lol) but i did choose to move forward with someone who let me know from the very beginning that things won't go or end well, and so did mikan. i just really hope she finds her way before it becomes even worse than it already is at this point.

though it really makes me wonder how deep it goes since she was flirting with him when he was in a relationship, as if that isn't already a HUGE red flag. like i wonder if he already had such a hold on her when he said, "oh she's crazy" that mikan instantly believed him. i'm just hoping she keeps her wits and comes up with a quick back up plan behind his back, like someone said, if she tried doing english tutoring or something along those lines she would at least be less dependent than she is before. i know all jvloggers dread doing this, but even moving back to europe would be a better move than staying with someone like yasu for the sake of being in japan. she is already ruining her own mental health focusing in on it like this after one diagnosis. she only posts the happy stuff, but i wonder how bad yasu makes her feel about it behind closed doors. it's hard to say the full extent of his manipulation at this point aside from what we are seeing, though even with sayo it was getting really bad for her and it only stopped when he moved onto the next victim. it would reeeally be bad for her right now if he found his next target and realized he didn't need her anymore and dropped her.

Posted

Also, is it just me or is the look in her eyes at about 3 seconds in a bit...... concerning?? I might be reaching a little but people in love don't look at each other like that.

Posted

Thanks @mumu for that. Tbh I liked her answers, they seemed honest enough although I haven’t seen the video so can’t say whether her tone matches it. 

If I’m being honest, I’m kinda getting the vibe that Vina is taking a step back and actually realising that things are not going to plan, and taking on board a lot of the stuff we’ve been talking about here. Before she was very in your face and OTT but now it’s like she’s toned down a lot in what she’s been posting and saying. I can’t say why that is though I’m assuming it’s mostly to do with her mental health, but I’m hoping her lack of activity lately is allowing her to absorb some constructive criticism and not just moping then going back to her old self. 

Posted (edited)

It's really honestly sad to watch all those Jvloggers think that they're the only reason why people follow/watch them. She's bored of making the same content fromJapan over and over again, but that's exactly what people want to see? Go out and take a walk and film it. Go shopping. Even grocery shopping is interesting to people who have never been in Japan. Make weekly summary vlogs of what you've done. Cooking videos, what ingredients you chose at the supermarket and why. Order food or use Uber Eats and show what you can get in Japan from them.

It's literally so, so easy to make Japan/vlog content and then add some of your own personality to it, that's what makes it interesting.

It's really easy, let me give you some ideas vina:

How about convenience store?

There's so many video about it, but some people want something rather unique. You could make video about seasonal food that they sell. I believe each convenience store always had a new menu, like new instant ramen or beverages. Just compile it and react to it!

How about talking more about clothing brand?

Come on girl, you've been to Bunka, and you literally STUDIED there!! Isnt there any paticular brand that you like from some senpai or teacher there.

Really, you dont need to own them pfft! Just show them some clip or maybe vlog video about their clothes or maybe shop. I wish some japan youtuber did this... there's so many japan clothing brand that need more recognition

My fav was from Neb Araan Do (Neverland/ IG: @eily_09), they used to be a duo, and even have some short documentary with english subtitle with NHK. If you love simple, muji-style, and ribbon with a little bit of twist, this brand will suit you enough ^^

Or maybe just talk about what general summer day there?

Maybe you can report a thing or two on how japan welcoming summer this year. Like is there going to be a firework festival maybe? Does beach there will be open again? Etc.

Well for now just good luck tho, I think everyone can agree, that all of this situation really are affecting vlogger, and its not only japan. Nearly 3 month in quarantine here now... and somehow I miss seeing update from my fav vlogger rather than going outside haha.

Edited by Freia
Mispelled

Posted

11:51 - Assumption: "You're actually going through a much harder mental state than it looks like" - She agrees and says she has a difficult time talking about her mental state because she doesn't want to worry her followers. She admits that currently, she feels like she is going through a "quite intense" depressive phase but doesn't know why. Seventh Yasu-placement: She finds it really nice to have Yasu around because he has been "really supportive" and gets her out of the house. She says she is "fine, but not fine, but fine". She says that it's overwhelming having a lot of attention on her mental health because she feels pressure to be good. She apologizes for the boring video again, stating: "I need this more than you do." (in context of getting herself back into the swing of things.)

16:38 - Outro; She apologizes for her lack of energy again and says it's how she's been feeling lately. She reminds her viewers to check out the BLM resources in the description.

Total Yasu-placements: 7
I underlined the assumptions that have been hot topics of discussion on this thread.

Overall, she looks terrible. Holy shit, that quetiapine is making her VISIBLY worse than I've ever seen her before.

Thank you for your sacrifice!

This new medication is kicking her ass, huh. I get the feeling that videos from now on are going to be increasingly awkward and slow. We're not going to get many videos filmed outside of the apartment anymore because Vina will be too busy napping. It's cute how she thinks Yasu will continue supporting her and her mental health in the future. She has a big storm coming. Even if she insists on clinging to Frogman, I wish she would at least quit taking these anti-psychotics. The combination of a douchey boyfriend and lethargy-inducing medicine is not a good one. She's setting herself up and it makes me sad.