• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.

mikan.mandarin

5712 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Human emotions and mental health are wild, not everything needs to have a direct cause. Feeling depressed for no reason is usually normal, sometimes mental illness will onset later in life with no particular cause either. 

But Vina was making a huge deal out of Bunka destroying her mental stability and happiness, so if that problem's eradicated, where is this difficult time coming from? She literally has nothing to do and the timing is way too convenient. If she's trying to frame this as a depressive mood-swing for her 'bipolar disorder', she's absolutely despicable. 

She's always struck me as one of those types who can never be wrong - everything is always someone or something else's fault. In this case, it's her ~*bipolar*~. It's quick, it's easy, and nobody will call her out on it directly because they don't want to be seen as discriminatory or anything. (Which is great! Don't discriminate against people! But in cases like this where it's so obvious that she's either 1. pulled it out of her arse or 2. been misdiagnosed, that calling out needs to happen imo. For the sake of how far mental health education and acceptance has come, and for the sake of not spreading misinformation.)

Edited by sando

Posted

I wonder if we will see a lot of performative instastories emulating bipolar episodes from now on. Like she will suddenly appear manic, even though she has never showed anything like that before.

Posted

uhh that "recovery is not linear" meme she posted on her story earlier, i swear i saw that on an ED memes site a few hours ago. it's not exclusive to that community i guess but it does say "relapses" so i'm wondering what relapses? does she actually have eating issues after years of plastering her thin body as natural? does she have full insight into her bipolar disorder 2 days post diagnosis? i want to know lmao.

Posted

@vividsky; planks could be different tones because of the filter Kodachrome orange. The filter makes anything white or off white into a grainy textured orange, see reference photos in spoilers for comparison.

Hidden Content

@sunnyFunny;Her apartment floor doesn’t line up with each other at all if you looked closely at the pictures, see reference pictures in spoiler for red lines that show the floor is similar. Likewise the “office” she went to has floorboards that aren’t alined and are alined.

Hidden Content

With the floor board theory it doesn't even look like she's sitting on a chair and the whole atmosphere doesn't feel.like a doctor's office..thy could have been staged in her apartment so she gets more attention

Posted (edited)

uhh that "recovery is not linear" meme she posted on her story earlier, i swear i saw that on an ED memes site a few hours ago. it's not exclusive to that community i guess but it does say "relapses" so i'm wondering what relapses? does she actually have eating issues after years of plastering her thin body as natural? does she have full insight into her bipolar disorder 2 days post diagnosis? i want to know lmao.

Yikes, I can't even imagine her having the nerve to talk about anything ED related after everything that's happened. It says progress is not linear, so 'relapse' is pretty ambiguous. When I first saw it I thought it had something to do with progress for the BLM movement, but relapse would not be the right term to use in that context now that I think about it. 

If she meant relapse in a mental health sense, then I really think she's trying to forge a depressive bipolar mood-swing to support her diagnosis. 

Edited by vividsky

Posted

Yikes, I can't even imagine her having the nerve to talk about anything ED related after everything that's happened. It says progress is not linear, so 'relapse' is pretty ambiguous. When I first saw it I thought it had something to do with progress for the BLM movement, but relapse would not be the right term to use in that context now that I think about it. 

If she meant relapse in a mental health sense, then I really think she's trying to forge a depressive bipolar mood-swing to support her diagnosis. 

it does seem like it. personally the only contexts i know where people would call something "relapses" are addiction, eating disorders and self harm i think. and the eating definitely seems like the most likely option out of all of them. i swear to god if she tries to complete her mental health triangle now and retrospectively comes out with an eating disorder after all of the comments she's made and all the shit she's said about her weight.. i'm going to start plotting a war crime (jk)

but fr it genuinely makes me so mad how she is trying to rebrand herself into this new "mental health awareness bean" thing, especially because she knowingly put herself in the abusive situation that is yasu, who is probably going to make her feel worse as time goes on. especially if she really is on that medication now, because she'll be dependent on him for most of her needs if she can't handle it

Posted (edited)

I mean ... WhenyWhen think about it: there are whole channels out there that focus solely on mental health issues. Now that she isn't in Bunka anymore, maybe that's her new idea :happee:

Edited by Minzgruen
English is hard

Posted

I mean ... WhenyWhen think about it: there are whole channels out there that focus solely on mental health issues. Now that she isn't in Bunka anymore, maybe that's her new idea :happee:

Oh god no I hope not we already had Holly Conrad and she is a nightmare. T-T 

Posted

The constant virtue signalling on her Instagram stories is wild. Not only does it feel like she's using mental health as an excuse for short comings, she's been constantly bashing the United States like it's the worst country ever. It just feels like to me she's very ill informed about a lot of topics that she likes to stick her opinion in. 

Posted

I don't think anyone mentioned this, but it seems like she removed her dollskill video.

Posted (edited)

it does seem like it. personally the only contexts i know where people would call something "relapses" are addiction, eating disorders and self harm i think. and the eating definitely seems like the most likely option out of all of them. i swear to god if she tries to complete her mental health triangle now and retrospectively comes out with an eating disorder after all of the comments she's made and all the shit she's said about her weight.. i'm going to start plotting a war crime (jk)

Relapse is used in many mental health disorders, if I started having vivid hallucinations again my psychiatrist would refer to it as a psychotic relapse. I think it's possible Vina is trying to hint that she's relapsing, as in a return of of a depressive episode for her 'bipolar'. It's so obvious she's faking it..

Trying to come out with an ED now would be a slap in the face even to her fans tbh. I'm hoping she won't reach this level of stupidity, but she's been spiraling so fast anything could happen honestly. If she starts making mental health videos, she's gonna be on Kenna's level of snowflakeyness in no time.

Edited by vividsky

Posted

Relapse is used in many mental health disorders, if I started having vivid hallucinations again my psychiatrist would refer to it as a psychotic relapse. I think it's possible Vina is trying to hint that she's relapsing, as in a return of of a depressive episode for her 'bipolar'. It's so obvious she's faking it..

Trying to come out with an ED now would be a slap in the face even to her fans tbh. I'm hoping she won't reach this level of stupidity, but she's been spiraling so fast anything could happen honestly. If she starts making mental health videos, she's gonna be on Kenna's level of snowflakeyness in no time.

Oh, remember around two months ago when she insisted she had lost 8kg in a month because of depression? Even though she was cooking and showing herself eating snacks? I even did the math back then to call out how much of a lie that was lol. I think she has lost a small bit of weight recently, but that time was definitely an overexaggeration for attention and she even ended up deleting the stories about it. I wouldn't be surprised if she pulls the weight topic out again, whether it's up or down, and blames it on the new medication.

Posted (edited)

Oh, remember around two months ago when she insisted she had lost 8kg in a month because of depression? Even though she was cooking and showing herself eating snacks? I even did the math back then to call out how much of a lie that was lol. I think she has lost a small bit of weight recently, but that time was definitely an overexaggeration for attention and she even ended up deleting the stories about it. I wouldn't be surprised if she pulls the weight topic out again, whether it's up or down, and blames it on the new medication.

How could I forget lol. She's made tons of comments about getting distressed over being used as proana inspo as well, and the abs photo had no other purpose than as a call for attention. She's been so adamant for so long about just being naturally skinny, though I don't doubt she might try to pull the ED card if things keep going south. I'm just hoping that even her fans aren't stupid enough to fall for it if she does try to go down the ED path for sympathy, and her fans will call her out for it. I think trying to prove the bipolar thing is more likely at the moment given that she just got 'diagnosed' with it. Also, the antipsychotics are for her bipolar so she may be trying to prove that she needs them. 

I agree that she's probably gonna to talk about her weight soon. But if she starts claiming to be losing weight, then that's total bullshit because weight gain is a constant side-effect of most antipsychotics, including quetiapine. Like, nearly everyone gains weight when taking it for the first time unless they are seriously maintaining their diet and lifestyle, and Vina is far from the epitome of healthy. She's always bragging how she does zero exercise, and a lot of her meals seem to be eating out, junk and carbs. If she starts losing, then she might be lying.

Edited by vividsky

Posted (edited)

Hi! :alpacaheadshake: I'm once again just here to tell you that every body is different and some people don't gain weight from medication (I know I don't). 

I want to believe that she's naturally skinny as long as we don't see HARD evidence that says otherwise. Because it's a delicate topic not only for ED people.

Thanks.

Edited by Minzgruen

Posted

Hi! :alpacaheadshake: I'm once again just here to tell you that every body is different and some people don't gain weight from medication (I know I don't). 

I want to believe that she's naturally skinny as long as we don't see HARD evidence that says otherwise. Because it's a delicate topic not only for ED people.

Thanks.

Man I totally get that, I think most people on here are pretty realistic and usually kind about her looks (yasu is a diff story) and all, and bodies are totally different. She's just proven to be attention-seeking with every fibre of her being. Weight and all is a delicate topic, but seeing as she has blatantly lied about extreme weight loss in order to get attention and pity points for starving I think any assumptions are fair and even necessary. It's important to call out the impossible bullshit she spouts. She's also been posting pictures from that time saying things like "guysss i don't know why i have abs i never exercise!", and that's not even an inch away from baiting it. At this point I won't believe anything from her unless she proves something, because she just lies all the damn time, and it's usually malicious too.