• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

mikan.mandarin

5302 posts in this topic

Posted

if you have this type of person in a rs i'm pretty sure you want to leave.

Posted

SO they're dating and the out thing from that live was probably regarding their relationship. No idea why she interpreted that question like that tho. Could be a honest mistake or she wanted to confuse people for more attention. 

Posted

It was regarding there relationship. Just before someone asked if she had come out as being bi to her parents, then someone asked if Yasu had come out to his parents, then someone asked if Yasu was bi, she said no. So yh they are not dating

Posted

SO they're dating and the out thing from that live was probably regarding their relationship. No idea why she interpreted that question like that tho. Could be a honest mistake or she wanted to confuse people for more attention. 

she said his dad did not take it well. I’m guessing she won’t be meeting them anytime soon

Posted

His parents probably didn't like that she was brown and not Japanese so telling them about their relationship would have been bad.

Posted

His parents probably didn't like that she was brown and not Japanese so telling them about their relationship would have been bad.

considering yasu is half filipino and the skin type of most filipinos are brown (morena) unless they are mestizo. so the parents (or one of them) not liking vina bc she's brown and not japanese would be ironic.

Posted

they sound like they deserve each other lol

Posted

Where did she say they are dating? (Sorry Im clearly not up to date)

Posted

Hidden Content

Nowhere yet. Everyone here is just assuming and or putting pieces together. It has not been confirmed yet by any party involved afaik. 

Posted

Hidden Content

ah thanks 

Posted (edited)

This must be some mistake on Wikipedia’s end. I’ve never even heard of a college in japan not allowing part time jobs, that’s honestly insane if it’s true. 

Hi, just jumping in to say this is absolutely a thing that happens. I studied abroad at Kansai Gaidai University and we were also not allowed to have part time jobs (though I think some students did like tutoring secretly for extra money). A friend of mine was offered a modeling job while we were there but couldn't take it because of this rule. Other universities that my American school is partnered with in Japan are the same way if I remember correctly; it's more common than you think. 

Edit: I should also add this rule was only for foreigners (at the very least, Americans). The Japanese students there could do whatever they wanted. 

Edited by ghoulesq

Posted

I think Mikan n her new 'boy friend' are just playing with her followers n trying to confuse them cause British banter...they both look like the kind of people to sarcastically joke or play around with people's assumptions

Posted

I think Mikan n her new 'boy friend' are just playing with her followers n trying to confuse them cause British banter...they both look like the kind of people to sarcastically joke or play around with people's assumptions

at this point I don't think we should put this down to "british banter", it's just Mikan being thirsty for attention

Posted

Hi, just jumping in to say this is absolutely a thing that happens. I studied abroad at Kansai Gaidai University and we were also not allowed to have part time jobs (though I think some students did like tutoring secretly for extra money). A friend of mine was offered a modeling job while we were there but couldn't take it because of this rule. Other universities that my American school is partnered with in Japan are the same way if I remember correctly; it's more common than you think. 

Edit: I should also add this rule was only for foreigners (at the very least, Americans). The Japanese students there could do whatever they wanted. 

I will be attending Hokkaido University in a few months and it is totally accepted to have a part-time job and the majority of people I asked that had a scholarship like me said they did part time jobs as well. Sounds pretty weird that the university you attended did not let you had a part-time job. Also to clarify I am a foreigner and in my university papers sent to me, they stated that it was okay to work but they did not recommend it, but I mean it is fine. I am already searching for jobs 😆