• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

mikan.mandarin

2592 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Has she had a nose job?

Not a bad thing if she has. I was looking at her nose because I have raised nostrils very similar to hers but I hate them and want to surgically alter them.

She always covered her nose in her first IG posts. She say's it's because it's quicker to take pictures without worrying about your facial expressions.

Screen_Shot_2017-08-28_at_21.21.32.thumb

Also doesn't this look like a rhinoplasty scar? Idk, I get the feeling she had a hump and then had it shaved down.

She said her parents are from Kurdistan which if you didn't know, Kurdish people tend to have big, hooked noses.

Screen_Shot_2017-08-28_at_21.14.14.thumb

Edited by flower

Posted

1) "i'm not a weaboo"

2) "senpai notice me"

Posted

1) "i'm not a weaboo"

2) "senpai notice me"

Just wondering, when did she say she wasn't a weeaboo? 

Posted

Just wondering, when did she say she wasn't a weeaboo? 

In the first page the person who started the topic said that she say things like "i don't watch anime anymore" "i can't listen to kpop" but at the same time she's such a tryhard, and it's obvious.

Posted (edited)

Edited by Dreamingofblues
Butthurt pplButthurt, who are probably weebs, koreaboos

Posted

@Mikan.Mandarin Thank you for coming here and clearing things up! I can see how some things were understood, and total props to you for being honest ^~^

Posted (edited)

Edited by Dreamingofblues
Butthurt ppl

Posted

I wonder a little about people who find the threads about themselves so quickly. It seems like they have their own account here, since it's not very likely for someone to be googling their name every day.

Posted

Hey guys! Mikan here! I got a lot of messages letting me know I got posted on a thread so I decided to come here to clear things up!!

First of all, yes! I have had a nose job (and that's totally the scar for it lol), I'd been severely insecure about my nose my whole life (and you're correct in saying I'm Kurdish, not from Kazakhstan - so I'm Middle Eastern and had a typical Middle Eastern nose), the reason I didn't post about it was sort of because I wanted that to just be ME, I didn't want that to be "new" me or want it to become a huge part of my identity. I actually post about it a lot on my personal Facebook where I have a bunch of other Instagram girls added, but I didn't want to be so open about it on my Instagram.

That's why @Jupiters I was very defensive about my nose, I do again apologise and I can understand how a defensive reaction like that can make you not like someone.

Second of all, you're right in saying a lot of my posts are sponsored. Actually, almost all of them are, that's why I have so many new clothes. It might indeed seem insincere and I apologise for that, but it keeps things fun for me to have new things and I can't afford to buy myself new things all the time so I feel really lucky that I have this opportunity. 

You're right in saying I'm not very unique or anything like that, I actually just post whatever I feel like and often that's because I saw something I thought was really cool. I think you have to try reaaalllly hard to be unique now, maybe I'm not very creative but I think most things have been done at this point lol. I also never said I wasn't a weeb, I totally am have u seen what I wear, and I definitely am a try hard but this is my main hobby so I like to put a lot of work into it, but I don't watch a lot of anime (I used to and I'm trying to get back into it) and I don't listen to a lot of kpop. If you watch the video you'll see how it was meant, taking it out context like that makes it sound like I'm trying to say I'm better for not doing it, but I was just being honest. That wasn't me trying to say I'm not a weeaboo, that's just the truth. Meanwhile, I listen to a lot of Vocaloid and (again) have you SEEN how I dress? I totally am a weeb and wouldn't deny that.

My next point is that I do indeed go outside! Actually, I have a full time job - I work 9.30-6 5 days a week. I've had jobs to support myself since I was 16, admittedly I don't have the world's closest relationship to my mum (and my dad lives in Sweden), so if I wanted something I had to either beg for it or get a job, so as soon as I turned 16 (literally!) I started working. When I was 16 I used to go to college/sixth form until around 5pm and then I'd work in McDonald's (totally glamorous right) until 10 and then a weekend day. I do appreciate how independent it's made me though. I now pay rent which is around the average for a bedroom in London (my momma dont play lmao) and I do my own grocery shopping and cook my own dinner every night. The reason really why I'm giving you my life work story is because I want to make a point that I'm actually not rich at all, neither is my mum (who's a hairdresser). Most of my clothes are just clothes I saved up over the years or sponsored (again why I accept every sponsorship, sorry). I'd also like to mention that I've been saving up for a few years now to study in Japan (again yes total weeb) which I'll be doing in October, since a lot of people ask me where I got the money to do that from.

On to editing! I do edit my chin, but not always! For example, snow already edits enough, so I never edit my snow selfies, and if there's enough light then my chin doesn't look so bad anyway. I never fully delete the crease, I just lighten it - it's just a shadow, like bags under eyes. If you shine a light on it, it's not as visible. In the picture of me in the trees you can notice ALL my shadows, including the chin. I actually think the picture you posted with the pink wig was quite biased, because it was originally posted attached to another picture right next to it where you can indeed see my chin dimple. The reason it's totally gone in that one is because I'm pushing up my bottom lip (which like creases the chin up, if that makes sense?). I tend to edit all the shadows of my face, so my chin falls into that. I also never edit my skin - my skin is olive, sort of a light tan, and depending on things like light/filters/flash it increases or decreases in tan-ness. I also don't edit my nose, but it does look different in different angles, and (again) I had a nose job and swelling goes down a lot over the first year, so that might be the difference. I would also like to note that I never edit the pictures photographers send me, whatever they edit is up to them. My Youtube videos are not edited at all (I don't think you can edit how you look in videos? I might be wrong) so they're a good indication at the very least.

The pictures where I look considerably worse are pictures I did while freelance modelling. For a while I was working in a taxi company and I wasn't paid a lot and then I left that job so I didn't have a job at all for a few weeks, so I did freelance modelling. I worked with a lot of amateur photographers and photographers who didn't understand my style, and I was also an amateur and quite experimental with things like posing and my outfits, so that was a messy period for me but I learnt a lot from it. I'd also like to note that I actually don't make money at all on Instagram except when I posted those ads for Schwartz and Nickelodeon. Just free stuff, which I appreciate anyway. Usually I'm given affiliate codes which send 10% of how much people spend using my codes to my Paypal, but that's so little I don't even think about it, it's usually nothing at all but sometimes I get $2 here and there. 

I'd also like to apologise for the annoying hashtags, I attribute them entirely to my following growth and I'm sorry if they're a bit too much. 

I may well just have made things a lot worse, but I'd at least prefer for you guys to dislike me for things that are true rather than make up things about me. I'm more than happy to answer any more questions if needed.

Thanks!

Thank you for replying and clearing up everything <3 

Posted

I wonder a little about people who find the threads about themselves so quickly. It seems like they have their own account here, since it's not very likely for someone to be googling their name every day.

There's no doubt she's stalked here before i'm 100% certain about that.

On instagram she's in the Venus&Tsuruko bff gang. The picture is now deleted so I can't post it here but I remember awhile ago someone posted someone a drawing they made for their birthday (I'm pretty sure it was either Mika made it for Tsuruko or Tsuruko make it for Mika) and in the picture they put a lot of meme phrases and one of them was something like "I'm going to post that on PULL!!!".

I know Tsuruko has an account here on pull and has history here so tbh I wouldn't be suprised if she was actually the one who found this thread first then told Mika to come here.

Posted

There's no doubt she's stalked here before i'm 100% certain about that.

On instagram she's in the Venus&Tsuruko bff gang. The picture is now deleted so I can't post it here but I remember awhile ago someone posted someone a drawing they made for their birthday (I'm pretty sure it was either Mika made it for Tsuruko or Tsuruko make it for Mika) and in the picture they put a lot of meme phrases and one of them was something like "I'm going to post that on PULL!!!".

I know Tsuruko has an account here on pull and has history here so tbh I wouldn't be suprised if she was actually the one who found this thread first then told Mika to come here.

She made an account 15 hours ago, posted her reply 14 hours ago so why was her last visit 11 hours ago? From what I noticed she hasn't qouted anyone or liked anything. That is kinda weird to me if she only made the account to reply to us.

Posted (edited)

She made an account 15 hours ago, posted her reply 14 hours ago so why was her last visit 11 hours ago? From what I noticed she hasn't qouted anyone or liked anything. That is kinda weird to me if she only made the account to reply to us.

it's not unsual to lurk on your own thread. maybe she was checking to see if there were any new posts. 

Edited by H
Meant unusual instead of usual***