• Announcements

• *NEW* PULL FAQ   07/11/20

Hello. It has been a long time coming, but we finally have a PULL FAQ! In this FAQ you may find answers to most commonly asked questions here on the site. Please make sure to read the FAQ before asking a question in the Site Feedback (formerly the "Make Your Voice Heard") subforum as chances are your question has already been answered. If it has not been answered, then feel free to ask your question within the thread or make a new one with your question. The FAQ can be found in 2 locations: The News & Announcements section and the Site Feedback section. We hope this helps current and new users. Thank you.

mikan.mandarin

5777 posts in this topic

Posted

My only issue with her is she uses the same tone with people who ask harmless questions. I feel like her response was harsh but not unexpected I just don’t understand why she uses the same tone for harmless questions about things she keeps talking about. 
I think it’s best for her to block people and concentrate on her dress designs, cuz they need a little something 

Posted

honestly i also don’t see anything pro ana about her either, but everyone on PULL loves to call skinny people pro ana all the time here

huh_3.thumb.gif.5c7b04b20903158e75e67ceb

I'm genuinely confused by this statement. Most people in this thread agree that Mikan has every right to not have to cater to someone's trauma or issues but rather have a problem with her response because she's has a known history to be a bit vicious in response to most of the time harmless questions (her height, calling someone ugly over a comment, etc). 

No one in the thread called her pro-ana, at all and rejected the statement that she was when it was brought up that she has witnessed her pictures being used in those circles. 

Posted

I feel like it’s just me but I really don’t like the face she does in most of her thumbnails? 

7E12C155-BAEB-4018-945A-69A5E5353A4E.jpeg

nope not just you. i also don't like them.

Posted

huh_3.thumb.gif.5c7b04b20903158e75e67ceb

I'm genuinely confused by this statement. Most people in this thread agree that Mikan has every right to not have to cater to someone's trauma or issues but rather have a problem with her response because she's has a known history to be a bit vicious in response to most of the time harmless questions (her height, calling someone ugly over a comment, etc). 

No one in the thread called her pro-ana, at all and rejected the statement that she was when it was brought up that she has witnessed her pictures being used in those circles. 

i mean people in other pull threads do this. and i’ve read this thread from the beginning and people always say she does pro ana poses or she’s unhealthily skinny. from what i remember some speculated she had an ED too. i was talking about PULL in general, not just this thread. kenna, belle delphine, and other girls have been accused of being pro ana here for example. i was saying this in response to someone else saying they never thought about mikan being pro ana till they read here. which means that people here have been calling mikan pro ana or at least something similar since that user never thought so prior to seeing this thread

Posted

i mean people in other pull threads do this. and i’ve read this thread from the beginning and people always say she does pro ana poses or she’s unhealthily skinny. from what i remember some speculated she had an ED too. i was talking about PULL in general, not just this thread. kenna, belle delphine, and other girls have been accused of being pro ana here for example. i was saying this in response to someone else saying they never thought about mikan being pro ana till they read here. which means that people here have been calling mikan pro ana or at least something similar since that user never thought so prior to seeing this thread

I've seen this in several threads too (including the early pages of this one) so no worries. A lot of times people don't believe the validity of something they haven't seen/experienced themselves. And it seems kind of far fetched that people would do that but I mean it is a gossip site and speculation runs wild. I do think it's a bit alarming how often skinny influencers are accused of pandering toward disordered people just for existing (minus Kenna, she was very obviously pandering). 

Also side note, I agree with some other commenters that this latest response is getting heat mostly because Mikan has a reputation of being rude to really minor comments from her audience as well. It's a pattern of behavior that's pretty toxic overall but there are definitely times when she gets shitty comments like most influencers do. 

Posted

Dear Lord these outfits.

Screenshot_20200126-011850(1).thumb.png.Screenshot_20200126-011755(1).thumb.png.

I feel like the dress could have been improved if she didn't wear a turtleneck, it makes her look like a clown.

The purple outfit... IDK, it could've worked if her wig maybe had more brown and orange tones in it maybe. Again, turtleneck doesn't work.

Posted

Didn’t she have a part time job?

1B8FBCB4-FC81-4E04-9054-EC0E6DE57040.png

Posted

Didn’t she have a part time job?

1B8FBCB4-FC81-4E04-9054-EC0E6DE57040.png

She's doing Youtube, duh. That's her "job".

Posted

Dear Lord these outfits.

Screenshot_20200126-011850(1).thumb.png.Screenshot_20200126-011755(1).thumb.png.

I feel like the dress could have been improved if she didn't wear a turtleneck, it makes her look like a clown.

The purple outfit... IDK, it could've worked if her wig maybe had more brown and orange tones in it maybe. Again, turtleneck doesn't work.

yeah I'm actually not too mad at the first one. I feel like wwith small alterations (and yeah prob without the turtleneck) it could be an interesting look. At least she's trying new stuff

the second one tho......burn it sstarring with that horrible wig

Posted (edited)

Edited by sun

Posted

It's not only mikan ,all her classmates dress so weird i don't understand and don't tell me that they dress like that bc they are studying fashion bc i have a friend who is studying fashion design and she dresses normal 

Posted

Good lord, I appreciate it, but I will never come to understand certain j-fashion styles. 

Posted

self employed lol. one quik yoink of your adsense privies and then u wud b fired = [

Posted

She's doing Youtube, duh. That's her "job".

But apart from YouTube she had a part-time job working as some English tutor or something.

Posted

The part time job was making videos for an English tutoring company. It makes sense that she would quit that as soon as the YouTube revenue allowed. I also get the impression that they would welcome her back any time since the position was created for her. 

Her content is getting weaker. I haven’t looked at her social blade to see if she’s still on a steady climb but I would think it will become stagnant soon if she doesn’t start switching it up. She complains of how difficult her most requested videos are (“dress like ___ for a week”) and said in this last one she won’t be doing that again for a while. So, what now?