• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

mikan.mandarin

2954 posts in this topic

Posted

i mean people in other pull threads do this. and i’ve read this thread from the beginning and people always say she does pro ana poses or she’s unhealthily skinny. from what i remember some speculated she had an ED too. i was talking about PULL in general, not just this thread. kenna, belle delphine, and other girls have been accused of being pro ana here for example. i was saying this in response to someone else saying they never thought about mikan being pro ana till they read here. which means that people here have been calling mikan pro ana or at least something similar since that user never thought so prior to seeing this thread

I've seen this in several threads too (including the early pages of this one) so no worries. A lot of times people don't believe the validity of something they haven't seen/experienced themselves. And it seems kind of far fetched that people would do that but I mean it is a gossip site and speculation runs wild. I do think it's a bit alarming how often skinny influencers are accused of pandering toward disordered people just for existing (minus Kenna, she was very obviously pandering). 

Also side note, I agree with some other commenters that this latest response is getting heat mostly because Mikan has a reputation of being rude to really minor comments from her audience as well. It's a pattern of behavior that's pretty toxic overall but there are definitely times when she gets shitty comments like most influencers do. 

Posted

Dear Lord these outfits.

Screenshot_20200126-011850(1).thumb.png.Screenshot_20200126-011755(1).thumb.png.

I feel like the dress could have been improved if she didn't wear a turtleneck, it makes her look like a clown.

The purple outfit... IDK, it could've worked if her wig maybe had more brown and orange tones in it maybe. Again, turtleneck doesn't work.

Posted

Didn’t she have a part time job?

1B8FBCB4-FC81-4E04-9054-EC0E6DE57040.png

Posted

Didn’t she have a part time job?

1B8FBCB4-FC81-4E04-9054-EC0E6DE57040.png

She's doing Youtube, duh. That's her "job".

Posted

Dear Lord these outfits.

Screenshot_20200126-011850(1).thumb.png.Screenshot_20200126-011755(1).thumb.png.

I feel like the dress could have been improved if she didn't wear a turtleneck, it makes her look like a clown.

The purple outfit... IDK, it could've worked if her wig maybe had more brown and orange tones in it maybe. Again, turtleneck doesn't work.

yeah I'm actually not too mad at the first one. I feel like wwith small alterations (and yeah prob without the turtleneck) it could be an interesting look. At least she's trying new stuff

the second one tho......burn it sstarring with that horrible wig

Posted

I like that some of her friends chose outfits that were outside of her comfort zone - even if they didnt look.... good.

Posted

It's not only mikan ,all her classmates dress so weird i don't understand and don't tell me that they dress like that bc they are studying fashion bc i have a friend who is studying fashion design and she dresses normal 

Posted

Good lord, I appreciate it, but I will never come to understand certain j-fashion styles. 

Posted

She's doing Youtube, duh. That's her "job".

But apart from YouTube she had a part-time job working as some English tutor or something.

Posted

The part time job was making videos for an English tutoring company. It makes sense that she would quit that as soon as the YouTube revenue allowed. I also get the impression that they would welcome her back any time since the position was created for her. 

Her content is getting weaker. I haven’t looked at her social blade to see if she’s still on a steady climb but I would think it will become stagnant soon if she doesn’t start switching it up. She complains of how difficult her most requested videos are (“dress like ___ for a week”) and said in this last one she won’t be doing that again for a while. So, what now?

Posted (edited)

it's starting to be annoying whenever she says “this outfit makes me feel like an adult” or “i feel like a grown-up wearing this look” as if she's not an adult at all and still some teen. she might as well just say “i'm a 22 year old teen” just like when kenna says she's a 24 year old kid.

So many 20-somethings who move to Japan still think they're teenagers (Mikan, Piper, Venus, Kenna...)

She has a really childish view towards age in general. I remember in her Girl Talk video she mentioned an English school friend and she said something like 'he was 17 in 2012, so now he's OLD', like... that makes him 24 now and she really sees that as old, even though it's only 2 years above her own age? That's like something a 5 year old would think. 

She definitely doesn't see herself as 22 and she doesn't want to accept the truth of it.

Edited by Golden.peach

Posted

It's not only mikan ,all her classmates dress so weird i don't understand and don't tell me that they dress like that bc they are studying fashion bc i have a friend who is studying fashion design and she dresses normal 

When I was studying a course in college it was next to the fashion department, and I thought most of them dressed odd. I think most fashion designers try to have a unique spin, that they don't bother with what most people would like to wear every day to feel comfortable. 

Posted

I thought she said the tutoring job gave her inconsistent hours? Maybe its the slow season and that's why she claims YouTube as her main job?

Posted

Good lord, I appreciate it, but I will never come to understand certain j-fashion styles. 

A lot of her friend's fashion looks better on themselves than mikan because she has a lot of form fitting clothing and the outfits they chose for her wouldve looked better if she had loose clothing options. Even though her friends' styles may look obscure, they pretty much can blend in with a crowd of people wearing more common clothing.

Posted (edited)

yeah I'm actually not too mad at the first one. I feel like wwith small alterations (and yeah prob without the turtleneck) it could be an interesting look. At least she's trying new stuff

the second one tho......burn it sstarring with that horrible wig

I feel the same with the first outfit too. The white turtleneck doesn't work. The friend who styled that look together said she actually wanted that dress to go with something red or green, and tbh I think that that would have been better. Also maybe if she had done something a bit more fun with her hair (colorful clips, bands or something), the look would have been more interesting.

That second outfit though.. Always thought the purple coat thing looks cheap and it's hard to pull off a look with it... Anyway, since that coat is transparent and is already very striking, especially with the furry wrist cuffs and shawl-collar.. I think I would have gone with something sleeveless underneath. (edit) and yea, that wig isn't working. Lol

Edited by goodtimes