• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

mikan.mandarin

3122 posts in this topic

Posted

She uploaded a new video an as always the title is something like 'my japanese boyfriend' 'my japanese school' 'my japanese friends' 'my japanese classmates' why she always remarks the fact that everything is japanese lmao 

The point of Jvloggers using those titles is to clickbait Japanophiles into watching those videos because it involves something Japanese which will get their attention and give her views and 💴💴💴. Typical tactic.

Posted

Mikan didn’t have to reply like that... or at all, but why do people say, “This triggered me?” Like it’s one thing getting triggered and it’s another telling someone they triggered you. I just don’t get it? Do we now have to voice every single stray thought in our heads even if we know they’ll negatively affect another person?

The way “trigger” has been co-opted in the last decade, one could argue Mikan’s fan triggered her with that comment.

This entire conversation is annoying because both people could’ve just not fucking said anything. Not to overuse the word “culture,” but I don’t understand this social media culture of having to inform absolutely everyone of every fluctuation in your brain or day. I’ve experienced full on “triggering” before where a single song flipped a switch in my brain and made me hysterical for days because it sent me back to a traumatizing childhood event. I didn’t even ask the person who turned the song on to turn it off. I just left the room and dealt with it myself.

Posted

I think I'm the only one who found her reply to that triggered fan to be mild.

Then again I don't have the temperament to be some professionally internet-ing person.

Posted

Mikan didn’t have to reply like that... or at all, but why do people say, “This triggered me?” Like it’s one thing getting triggered and it’s another telling someone they triggered you. I just don’t get it? Do we now have to voice every single stray thought in our heads even if we know they’ll negatively affect another person?

The way “trigger” has been co-opted in the last decade, one could argue Mikan’s fan triggered her with that comment.

This entire conversation is annoying because both people could’ve just not fucking said anything. Not to overuse the word “culture,” but I don’t understand this social media culture of having to inform absolutely everyone of every fluctuation in your brain or day. I’ve experienced full on “triggering” before where a single song flipped a switch in my brain and made me hysterical for days because it sent me back to a traumatizing childhood event. I didn’t even ask the person who turned the song on to turn it off. I just left the room and dealt with it myself.

It's kind of funny in a way, isn't it? Because this comment could have potentially "triggered" Mikan. I know it would have triggered me. So you don't want to be triggered but to trigger other people is okay?

Well anyway, both sides were wrong

Posted

Yes she doen't have control over her body but she got popular in the first place because she is a skinny conventionally attractive girl with long legs. If a chubby girl dressed like her she wouldn't even have 1/100 of her following

Posted

Yes she doen't have control over her body but she got popular in the first place because she is a skinny conventionally attractive girl with long legs. If a chubby girl dressed like her she wouldn't even have 1/100 of her following

It's kinda a 2 way street, conventionally most instagram baddies are on the bigger side(thicc) and I'm sure the clothes that they stereotypically wear wouldn't suit her as well.

Posted

I think I'm the only one who found her reply to that triggered fan to be mild.

Then again I don't have the temperament to be some professionally internet-ing person.

i think a lot of people didn’t mind it but they just didn’t say anything because this thread has become the new kenna thread and is not a pleasant one to touch anymore 

Posted

It's kinda a 2 way street, conventionally most instagram baddies are on the bigger side(thicc) and I'm sure the clothes that they stereotypically wear wouldn't suit her as well.

Yes I used to wish I was skinny, but then had a skinny friend and she wished she had large boobs like me, so seems as if not many women are happy with what they are lol. 

i think at this point anything mikan posts is gonna be pro-ana fuel simply because of how skinny she is and that’s why it’s tiring. i don’t think she can even control it since she knows how to dress for her body type in a flattering way, which makes her look skinnier. the only way all the pro ana comments will stop is if she wears baggy clothes but she shouldn’t be restricted to covering herself up just because some people can’t handle seeing a skinny person. idk i don’t really like seeing people say her account is pro ana or her poses are because she can’t really control it without dressing outside of her style. she isn’t responsible for other people’s happiness and if she triggers people then they shouldn’t look at her account in the first place

I never thought of her as pro ana before reading on here. I thought as she loves Japan so much then she's lucky, as I think Japanese people seem to have a smaller body frame than north Europe where she has lived, so she seems to look more similar to the Japanese where she lives now than where she used to. 

Posted

Yes I used to wish I was skinny, but then had a skinny friend and she wished she had large boobs like me, so seems as if not many women are happy with what they are lol. 

I never thought of her as pro ana before reading on here. I thought as she loves Japan so much then she's lucky, as I think Japanese people seem to have a smaller body frame than north Europe where she has lived, so she seems to look more similar to the Japanese where she lives now than where she used to. 

honestly i also don’t see anything pro ana about her either, but everyone on PULL loves to call skinny people pro ana all the time here

Posted

at this point idk what's going on

Posted

I feel like it’s just me but I really don’t like the face she does in most of her thumbnails? 

7E12C155-BAEB-4018-945A-69A5E5353A4E.jpeg

Posted

My only issue with her is she uses the same tone with people who ask harmless questions. I feel like her response was harsh but not unexpected I just don’t understand why she uses the same tone for harmless questions about things she keeps talking about. 
I think it’s best for her to block people and concentrate on her dress designs, cuz they need a little something 

Posted

honestly i also don’t see anything pro ana about her either, but everyone on PULL loves to call skinny people pro ana all the time here

huh_3.thumb.gif.5c7b04b20903158e75e67ceb

I'm genuinely confused by this statement. Most people in this thread agree that Mikan has every right to not have to cater to someone's trauma or issues but rather have a problem with her response because she's has a known history to be a bit vicious in response to most of the time harmless questions (her height, calling someone ugly over a comment, etc). 

No one in the thread called her pro-ana, at all and rejected the statement that she was when it was brought up that she has witnessed her pictures being used in those circles. 

Posted

I feel like it’s just me but I really don’t like the face she does in most of her thumbnails? 

7E12C155-BAEB-4018-945A-69A5E5353A4E.jpeg

nope not just you. i also don't like them.

Posted

huh_3.thumb.gif.5c7b04b20903158e75e67ceb

I'm genuinely confused by this statement. Most people in this thread agree that Mikan has every right to not have to cater to someone's trauma or issues but rather have a problem with her response because she's has a known history to be a bit vicious in response to most of the time harmless questions (her height, calling someone ugly over a comment, etc). 

No one in the thread called her pro-ana, at all and rejected the statement that she was when it was brought up that she has witnessed her pictures being used in those circles. 

i mean people in other pull threads do this. and i’ve read this thread from the beginning and people always say she does pro ana poses or she’s unhealthily skinny. from what i remember some speculated she had an ED too. i was talking about PULL in general, not just this thread. kenna, belle delphine, and other girls have been accused of being pro ana here for example. i was saying this in response to someone else saying they never thought about mikan being pro ana till they read here. which means that people here have been calling mikan pro ana or at least something similar since that user never thought so prior to seeing this thread