• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

mikan.mandarin

3071 posts in this topic

Posted

Can anyone translate the text from that Instagram picture?

"Thanks for the gift / お土産ありがとう)"

This is the kind of message you'd usually DM to the person in private rather than making Insta stories publicly tagging them.

Because what a coincidence that she makes a public post to be seen by all her followers that she just got a gift from her so-called friend just as people on PULL are discussing and doubting the level of her IRL friendships as much as she brags about it.

I'm 100% convinced she regularly checks up on this thread and posted that as a response to say: "Hahaha, you're all wrong. We're such good FRIENDS, I just got a GIFT coz she sees me as a FRIEND. That's proof we're FRIENDS."

Posted

ah yes “friends”.

IMG_8932.thumb.PNG.77b50332ea29900c66c23

Posted

Hi Mikan, how's the weather over there?

Posted (edited)

We get it Mikan you love your JAPANESE friends. But do they love you? 

Edited by mollamolla

Posted

.... I was going to say something but perhaps since my opinions of late have been rather harsh... I will reserve my opinions on this fashion student... carry on.

Posted

how obvious can she be lurking on her own thread. hey vina try to be subtle next time.

Posted

Lately for like two days now she’s been spamming her IG stories with how she can’t stop thinking about Maroon 5’s “This Love”, it’s so annoying. This is like the new porridge spamming. 

Posted

Lately for like two days now she’s been spamming her IG stories with how she can’t stop thinking about Maroon 5’s “This Love”, it’s so annoying. This is like the new porridge spamming. 

shes also showing a LOT of pictures of Noe, dms between them etc. I guess she still hasn’t stopped reading pull

Posted

just because you said that here on pull I'll wait for mikan to post some instastories/videos of her and her JAPANESE friends getting along well together trying to prove that wrong 

funny how a few days later after you said this she posted on her instastory (which was on the 11th of jan) that she hanged out with her japanese friends after school lol. and when people talked about noe not being close with her then she starts posting more about noe recently just to prove to us they are really THAT close.

IMG_8938.thumb.PNG.8fd927a27a603ebb092b4

Posted

Screenshot_20200116-234538.thumb.png.889

Her sense of design is so... subpar for someone entering their second year of fashion design school. A pair of wings and a literal back pocket with no other purpose but for those wings. Really now..?

Posted

Screenshot_20200116-234538.thumb.png.889

Her sense of design is so... subpar for someone entering their second year of fashion design school. A pair of wings and a literal back pocket with no other purpose but for those wings. Really now..?

that looks like something I’d have “designed” in primary school lol

also does she really think the flat thin hair and the weird moustache-like bangs are a good look?? 

Posted (edited)

Edited by PeppermintBark
Unpopular opinion apparently

Posted

To me, Mikan's brother seems to have more of a European-sounding accent than she does, which makes sense if they grew up in Sweden with Kurdish parents - there's probably an influence from both languages there?

I also think Mikan's accent, while it does sound a little exaggerated, makes sense given that she's a native Swedish speaker who lived in the south of England for a long time - she actually has a similar accent to my Danish friends who moved to the UK to study. A lot of Scandinavians who learn British English (as opposed to American English) speak with a mostly native-sounding accent given that the languages use a lot of the same sounds, but tend to enunciate the vowels more clearly than the average English person which can make the accent sound more "posh."

Yes she sounds like my friend who spent half her childhood in Sweden and then moved to Britain as a young teenager. Scandinavian people don't often have an unusual accent when learning England English, as the Germanic languages are related.

Posted

This looks like the stuff I used to draw when I was 12. This is really embarassing for someone who is attending a FASHION design college.

if you look at the works of her classmates they look good but when it comes to her it's meh. she should really step up her game.