• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

mikan.mandarin

2594 posts in this topic

Posted

i honestly don't see anything wrong in it? I'm no trynna pick a fight and I get y'all have your own pov but it seems like a very normal post explaining her situation. she doesnt need to give one but she did and I don't see the big deal about it. just seems like people pick at everything she does...

again, I respect your pov and I'm not trying to fight oop

I'm not angry that you have a different opinion no worries. I've actually defended some of her rants in the past too. I just think we're reading it differently. Plenty of YTers post about burnout etc. without seemingly blaming their audience for it rather than their inability to realize how much was too much for them. And she does get snippy with her audience more frequently lately (ex. mentions of Hirokazu, ranting every time she gets more than 2 similar unfavorable comments or messages etc) so I think some of us on the thread are just fed up overall. 

(Also my first read through of the post I read "so people stop asking me" instead of "please stop asking me" and that definitely contributed to my opinion). 

Posted

i honestly don't see anything wrong in it? I'm no trynna pick a fight and I get y'all have your own pov but it seems like a very normal post explaining her situation. she doesnt need to give one but she did and I don't see the big deal about it. just seems like people pick at everything she does...

It's just the way she words things. She comes across as super bitchy, literally all the time. She is allowed to feel overwhelmed! Everyone does! But pls get yourself some friends to rant to? Because wording it THAT way to the people who literally pay you ... is just plain rude and childish. But we've established that. She acts like a bratty 16 year old.

I bet she's not mad that "people are pressuring her", she just HAS to put these videos out in order to keep her lifestyle and she's mad at that. But because she never acknowledges her own faults, she always blames other people.

Posted

I hate when youtubers do this, like ain’t nobody forcing you. She started filming her outfits those videos are popular, and so people will ask. It just logic. She’s acting like this is some attack on her. Her job is making videos so people are going to ask you...

If you can’t tolerate it then don’t make videos... Everytime someone asks her a question she acts like they just asked her to climb the mount everest.

Posted

i just think that she could have worded her explanation better.

Just simply omit the "please stop asking me to make another girl talk video"... That part makes it sound like she's being forced by her followers to make videos when in fact in it was all her OWN initiative to make two videos per week. She could have just mentioned that she's skipping a week because she needs to work on school / final project and that would've been good enough IMO. No need to be so condescending to her followers about the questions they ask her.

Posted

Yeah, her wording is just very awkward and seems like she is not really approaching it in a healthy way. Self care sis, if you are stressed you are allowed to take a break and your fans will understand that. Nothing to be ashamed of and no one is forcing you to overwork yourself, esp your fans.

"hey all, just letting you know that I am under a lot of stress at the moment so I will be taking a little break from videos to finish my school assignments. Have a happy holidays and I'll see you soon!"

Posted

Considering other people her age are burried in finals and literally not sleeping having to edit videos sounds so tame. It's not like her career will be over if she doesn't upload. She herself said she can't live just off Youtube so why not make a post and say nicely that you are taking time off youtube?

Posted

I'm not angry that you have a different opinion no worries. I've actually defended some of her rants in the past too. I just think we're reading it differently. Plenty of YTers post about burnout etc. without seemingly blaming their audience for it rather than their inability to realize how much was too much for them. And she does get snippy with her audience more frequently lately (ex. mentions of Hirokazu, ranting every time she gets more than 2 similar unfavorable comments or messages etc) so I think some of us on the thread are just fed up overall. 

Hidden Content

yea i definitely see what you're trying to say. she could have worded it differently without seemingly blaming someone else for it.

Posted

Also, "I'm ready to wear just what I want and not having to film everyday" suggests that she only dresses up and wears her style for lnstagram and YouTube to generate an audience online... rather than wearing something she actually likes and feels comfortable in. She honestly strikes me as a 'people pleaser' and someone who wants to be at the center of attention all the time.

oof yes this bit rings way too true

Posted

Knowing that Youtube makes the most money before Christmas, she just sounds like she's pressuring herself to poop those videos out rather than her fans nagging her about it. Mikan, ask yourself where your priorities are, Youtube or school? Because none of your followers would mind you saying that you're currently too busy with school before the holidays to focus on videos. But it's probably that you need the ad money you're getting in December, rather then you wanting to satisfy your followers. So I'm sorry, but other people are juggling work/school and their hobbies as well right now, we're all busy before the holidays, you ain't special, girl. You're just lucky that your hobby is bringing you some money, but the rest is all on you.

Posted

Knowing that Youtube makes the most money before Christmas, she just sounds like she's pressuring herself to poop those videos out rather than her fans nagging her about it. Mikan, ask yourself where your priorities are, Youtube or school? Because none of your followers would mind you saying that you're currently too busy with school before the holidays to focus on videos. But it's probably that you need the ad money you're getting in December, rather then you wanting to satisfy your followers. So I'm sorry, but other people are juggling work/school and their hobbies as well right now, we're all busy before the holidays, you ain't special, girl. You're just lucky that your hobby is bringing you some money, but the rest is all on you.

She is probably trying to make as many videos as possible bc she has to pay for her tuition

Posted

I hate when youtubers do this, like ain’t nobody forcing you. She started filming her outfits those videos are popular, and so people will ask. It just logic. She’s acting like this is some attack on her. Her job is making videos so people are going to ask you...

If you can’t tolerate it then don’t make videos... Everytime someone asks her a question she acts like they just asked her to climb the mount everest.

she wants to blame her fans so she doesn’t have to blame herself. It’s simple she’s being selfish and recently she has been a lot 

Posted

She needs to find another way to make money besides YouTube, honestly.

Posted

Doesn't she have a part-time job?