• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

mikan.mandarin

3054 posts in this topic

Posted

Yup! This has been discussed a bit before, I think it begins around page 18 if you wanna go back and read other people's opinions.

it's been a lot of pages now but she still denies the fact that she whitens her pics, she may have some pics that aren't fully whitewashed but c'mon just admit you whiten your pics  what's so hard about that?

Posted

I see a lot of comments on her style. I personally think it's cute, but I'm kinda tired of seeing similair outfits in every post. Of course people wear outfits more than once, but like, not on insta. I like to see different content when I follow someone, I don't like having a deja vu whenever I see a post from her.

I think she would look good if she had like a colorful outfit, she can definetly pull that of, especially with darker hair.

Posted

Honestly even tho her style is tacky it suits her and she looks really hot in some of her outfits. Plus it seems to be getting her a following. I see plenty of high fashion people hardly getting anywhere near the attention and following she does. Her style is obviously resonating with people.

Posted

I don’t think it’s so much her style but the fact that’s she’s living in Japan and doing things that people dream of doing. There are people with Mikan’s style and a similar amount of followers. I’m thinking that her being in Japan gives her a big boost I’m terms of relevancy and that might be why she hasn’t tried changing her style. Her outed dated mismatch of jfashion plus living in Japan is her recipe for success atm 

Posted

Does anyone else think she speaks way too quickly? I'm a native English speaker and watching just half of one of her videos is so tiring. It's okay for one of her mindless videos like the wig one. However, I'm now watching one of her tips for living in Japan videos and I have to slow it down to x0.75 or I have no time to process what she's saying.

On the contrary, I think she is pretty slow especially with that fake posh accent that she is putting on.

Posted

I don’t think it’s so much her style but the fact that’s she’s living in Japan and doing things that people dream of doing. There are people with Mikan’s style and a similar amount of followers. I’m thinking that her being in Japan gives her a big boost I’m terms of relevancy and that might be why she hasn’t tried changing her style. Her outed dated mismatch of jfashion plus living in Japan is her recipe for success atm 

This is probably the reason why she didn’t leave Japan like she said she would. I mean sure at the time she was dating Hiro, but if she went back to the UK now her content would fizzle and become bland. The only reason she has content now is because she’s like. Look at me! I’m a young girl living in JAPAN!

Posted

Does anyone else think she speaks way too quickly? I'm a native English speaker and watching just half of one of her videos is so tiring. It's okay for one of her mindless videos like the wig one. However, I'm now watching one of her tips for living in Japan videos and I have to slow it down to x0.75 or I have no time to process what she's saying.

yessss, my head hurts trying to understand everything she says

I'm not a native English speaker tho 

Posted

Jesus. What a pity party. Can't she just say that she's taking a short break because of her mental health? Instead she's AGAIN pushing the "it's all your fault, I only appreciate you when you give me money, stop messaging me and stressing me out"-narrative. What an annoying person 🤢

Screenshot_20191212-144751.png

Screenshot_20191212-144811.png

Posted

Yeah this doesn't come across well at all. Like let's not act your audience is holding a knife to your throat. I get that YTers/influencers can feel pressured to create content but I can't help but read all this as bullshit. "boohoo it's so hard dressing up how you guys want me to and posing in front of a camera". Then don't. Ignore requests or tell them to wait and move on. 

i honestly don't see anything wrong in it? I'm no trynna pick a fight and I get y'all have your own pov but it seems like a very normal post explaining her situation. she doesnt need to give one but she did and I don't see the big deal about it. just seems like people pick at everything she does...

again, I respect your pov and I'm not trying to fight oop

Posted (edited)

big yikes. i get that filming so much of your life can be pressuring, but in the end it’s her own decision that she made herself? she’s acting like her fans are going to lynch her the second she doesn’t upload any content. but i’m sure that most people would be very understanding if she just went like ‘hey i’m not feeling so well so i won’t be uploading a video this week’ and call it a day.

i don’t know what it is with her behavior lately, but the last few months she’s become more unlikeable by the day.

Edited by rosefleur

Posted

She’s always so rude to her followers it drives me insane. She also is so pity seeking like a few weeks ago she was complaining about having to film and edit videos on weekends and was like “I don’t even get a weekend to myself!” Well a lot of students work part time on weekends Mikan. Also isn’t youtube her main source of income right now? Way to complain to the people supporting you ugh 

Posted

these types of youtubers make it sound like if they don't post a video, everyone freaks out and loses their shit. Like the world will stop if they don't post, but like honestly does anyone notice? 

Posted

i wish i took a screenshot of her insta story a few days ago were she was so very thankful of her followes/fans bc she received that rising influencer status on youtube (basically it's like an app or analytic that you can see how many total views, likes, dislikes you got on all your videos in the whole year of 2019 and you can share it to people), while reading it i was cringing bc we all know how she treats them. one day she's so sweet of her followers/fans but then later on she'll start being so rude and bitchy. there are youtubers who post videos like once or twice a month and some even post on random days cos they don't really have any specific schedule, why does she act as if her followers control the way she post videos when in fact she's the one who has full control cos it's not like she is in some kind of contract were you are obligated to post on that specific day no matter what. idk why her fans/followers still stick around when they get treated like that, without them vina your career in youtubing doesn't exist.