• Announcements

• *NEW* PULL FAQ   07/11/20

Hello. It has been a long time coming, but we finally have a PULL FAQ! In this FAQ you may find answers to most commonly asked questions here on the site. Please make sure to read the FAQ before asking a question in the Site Feedback (formerly the "Make Your Voice Heard") subforum as chances are your question has already been answered. If it has not been answered, then feel free to ask your question within the thread or make a new one with your question. The FAQ can be found in 2 locations: The News & Announcements section and the Site Feedback section. We hope this helps current and new users. Thank you.

mikan.mandarin

5790 posts in this topic

Posted

I am not in any way shape or form a fashion expert but wouldn’t that dress suit someone who uhh, was maybe a little bit bigger? Like a size 10? (UK size)

I think it’ll look like she’s wearing a costume rather than a fashion item.. does that make sense? No hate intended.

Some older clothes do seem to be made for fuller figures then what is popular nowadays so i think thats why it may look like a costume.

for the pearl necklace i wish she would at least shorten it or smth, maybe make a small collar necklace would fit her better but the way its just there most of the time is not really flattering.

Posted (edited)

i happened to notice something lately when scrolling through some of her bunka friends instagrams. mikan seems to post a lot of pictures with them. but in return i never see them post any pictures with mikan while they post plenty of pictures with the other girls (a few of them had their igs on private though).

i don’t want to jump to conclusions and maybe it doesn’t mean much. but it sure makes you think after you consider the whole venus and tsuruko situations..

Edited by rosefleur

Posted

Seconded. I also don't see the 1970's in that dress tbh :/ but I don't know much about 1970's fashion.

probably a prom 70's dress. what gives it 70's vibes to me is the introduction of the off the shoulder and the big puffy short sleeves. 

Posted

probably a prom 70's dress. what gives it 70's vibes to me is the introduction of the off the shoulder and the big puffy short sleeves. 

That makes it feel more '80's to me. My parents got married in '78 and the dresses were more chiffon and airy.

Posted

i'm pretty sure ik how she will put together that purple dress but i'll let her prove me wrong anyway. she's buying something out of her comfort zone but she only wears them like twice or thrice then she's back at her usual tacky and boring style.

I hope she bought that dress for a fashion project.

Posted

Just watched her new video and wow she’s REALLY cranked up the “relatable teen vlogger” editing style. Definitely not a fan. Zooming into your warped face is not a substitute for actual content or humor... 

Posted

I get the intention behind her doing the "intimate girl talk video" bla bla bla whatever but i feel so uncomfortable whenever she mentions private things about her classmates especially ones she obviously  isnt close with? Like when she talked about that one girl liking fall out boy....

Hidden Content

What is it with snowflakes and gossiping about people they know IRL who don have a platform?!

Waiting for her to clap back in 3....2....1

Posted

Vina would look a thousand times better if she did a completely Rockabilly style. Since she loves check patterns so much and having that edginess in her outfits, I think it's a perfect fit for her. Tryng to get into the J-fashion scene is stunting her style potential.

Posted

It's like she got her inspiration egirl tiktok and pixylocks. Not a good look

Posted

Why are some people in this thread calling her Vina all of a sudden? It's really weird to me, there are lots of snowflakes on here that don't go by their real name but they're still talked here about using their "public" name. She clearly wants to be called Mikan, so I kinda think we should stick to Mikan?

Posted

Why are some people in this thread calling her Vina all of a sudden? It's really weird to me, there are lots of snowflakes on here that don't go by their real name but they're still talked here about using their "public" name. She clearly wants to be called Mikan, so I kinda think we should stick to Mikan?

everyone in her videos and on her live streams calls her vina, it's not like it upsets her or anything

Posted

I think people should have the freedom to call her either of the names if they want. It's not her legal name and I doubt her family refers to her as Mikan so I don't see the issue. Like sandwichbob previously mentioned it's not anything upsetting/offensive, it's literally just her name.

Posted

I think people should have the freedom to call her either of the names if they want. It's not her legal name and I doubt her family refers to her as Mikan so I don't see the issue. Like sandwichbob previously mentioned it's not anything upsetting/offensive, it's literally just her name.

I think in Mikans case it doesn't mean much because she doesn't hide it. But saying a name has no power is kinda wrong, it may be linked to an idea of you that your family pressured you into and you want to break free from, kinda like that Aquamarine guy, he chose a name so he could work on becoming his ideal self and stuff