• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

mikan.mandarin

2954 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Yeah Mikan isn't following Piper on Instagram either.

Edit: oop didn't see the second screenshot lmao WHOOPz

Edited by SunnyFunny
Already confirmed lmao

Posted (edited)

Mikan and tsuruko are not following each other anymore

20191124_095903.png

20191124_095846.png

Lolllllll

So much for her "I forced my long distance best friend to move to Japan with me" video 😬

Tbh idg how she threw a "best friend" label on Tsuruko in the first place when it was their very first time actually meeting each other. (the ♋🦀 me just simply can't relate!) Online interaction VS actual interaction in reality usually just don't come off the same. I'm not surprised they're not even close anymore. 

Maybe she just mentioned them bc everyone knows about Mikan?

Edit: Nevermind?

Screenshot_20191124-153324.png

The vlogging part does sound like she was referring to Mikan.. especially the "real put down type" part. Idk if Mikan did ask Tsuruko for permission to share about their online conversations in that video, but if I were Tsuruko, I would've felt really uncomfortable with someone else divulging my own insecurities in public (like that part about Tsuruko's job insecurity). If I want to share that shit to the world, I would do it on my own.

(edit: lmao I rewatched the video and I just realized mikan mentioned tsuruko is a ♋. hmm)  

Edited by goodtimes

Posted

Kinda makes me wonder if her recent Visa superiority complex is a bit of a revenge dig at Piper after all this

Posted

I would just like to point out that she also mentions in this post "someone who is a real put down typa person" and that's also about Mikan I bet. And Mikan probably thinks nothing of it like usual "it's just my humor" and "Tsuruko was just really thin skinned" as excuses but if someone's feelings get hurt it doesn't matter if it was meant to be joke. Action overshadows intention dude.

I may be jumping the gun but I can totally see it happening and Mikan not reflecting at all about it. To Mikan that elitest idea of that she's earned taking digs at Tsuruko because she's there for the right reasons and actually understands Japan/Japanese more or whatever. Never mind that Mikan also moved to Japan to chase a very weeby dream. And never mind that Mikan has been there for at least...2 years (?) I think it was and Tsuruko just got off the fucking plane so  the skill set of who is "better at living in Japan" or whatever equally irrelevant scale Mikan used to compared them is moot. The time spent isn't the same. 

Sorry, if I'm coming off harsh but Mikan has been setting off so many red flags in my mind since I found this thread and the Tsuruko stuff is one of the bigger red flags thus far imo.

tsuruko made japanese friends within the first month of her stay in japan but vina took 2 years to do so, i wonder how vina feels about that. her friendship with tsuruko isn't genuine and never will be.

Posted

Mikan's last video

While I found it definitely entertaining, I couldn't help to think "hey I've seen this before!". Like, I've seen this exact same format from another creator:

Even the questions asked are exactly the same. I've even scrolled on her description box to see if Mikan gave her a shout out, but nothing.

Am I missing something? Is this a common format that I'm unaware of? 

Posted

I actually have seen this format multiple time,it's clearly not an original idea from her but i don't know if we can blame her for taking inspo from another format and make a video out of this. Kind of like OOTD or haul; she didn't invented it, it's basically a trend of video format.

Posted

It's quite odd that she's never had thumbnails like that until this video that just so happens to look like the other video. 

Posted

Oof the whole piper thing...

i actually like a lot of her content and, though annoying, I didn’t really mind the defensive immaturity much because most youtubers making that type of (fashion? lifestyle?) content are like that. But honestly how can a friendship end that quickly without either 1) a major event like moving country, or 2) at least one person in the relationship was being a straight up asshole? ...clearly they still live in the the same city, and neither seem to have had a major life event/change (unless they’re keeping it personal) that would cause you to not talk to people.... so who was the asshole or most assholey? 

The only relationships I have abruptly ended are ones where my casual friends or I move country. The people who were mean (at school age) would either bully me or we didn’t talk because we weren’t friends. As an almost adult if someone isn’t nice I don’t become friends with them, aside from an abusive relationship which is an entirely different situation (that I’m no longer in). I know I tend to have less typical relationships since I have aspergers, but I don’t think it’s normal to go from best friends to suddenly not friends !especially in your 20s! How can your feelings change that quickly unless someone did something bad? It’s just really weird to me.

I don’t expect people to lie or be dishonest. When they are accused of it online e.g being fake nice, I often think it’s a misunderstanding. But I really don’t know what the think of mikan. Her content is generally inane and an enjoyable distraction, but her presented behaviours on other platforms makes me really think she hasn’t grown as a person and is still inconsiderate and unwilling to work on herself. It sounds stupid but it actually makes me feel uneasy and scared because she seems so nice with her classmates and teachers. I don’t want to enjoy watching someone if they’re actually hurtful and unkind.

Posted

Did they just recently stop being friends? Because back during Hallowen they were both posting pictures from that Halloween karaoke party they went to together and that was less than a month ago.

Posted

Did they just recently stop being friends? Because back during Hallowen they were both posting pictures from that Halloween karaoke party they went to together and that was less than a month ago.

Yeah, must have happened recently. Which makes it even funnier imo. I feel bad for Tsuruko

Posted

Someone caught that they were not following each other within literally an hour of it happening 

Posted

One thing that really bugged me about Mikan's video about Piper's move which I didn't notice brought up was her gifts for her. Her friend moves over to another country and she acted all proud and honorable about the hand-me-downs she shoved at her.

Like sure, nice thing to recycle and to be fair they were things Piper did want and ask for. But maybe getting a little surprise just to show you think of her? Especially when she was so proud of remembering that Piper liked the Cinnamoroll she won from the crane machine when I think Piper must've just jokingly said she wants it. According to Mikan, it was special because she wan it. All the gifts were about her and not Piper.

Soooo it did seem cursed from the get-go, for so many reasons.

Posted (edited)

Edited

Edited by Mystic

Posted

I was going to tell you here that Mikan “Blocked me”  Becuase of a stupid reason!

but i was afraid that you are going to judge me 🌚 but now i dont care ..

I was normally writing my opinions on her hairstyles .. like srsly i did not hate on her nor that i wanted to be one! 

Then, her followers started replaying saying that i am a hater or that her hair looks fine and that i am saying that becuase i am jealous 😟

like .. how childish that could be? 

Mikan if you see my comment! Your hair still look damaged and curly from the roots and I highly suggest to you to take care of your hair or it is gonna fall and maybe become seriously damaged. Again i am not hating on you i am just stating my opinion.. instead of blocking me, maybe you should give it a chance to stop dying your hair and doing some crazy child-like ponytail and ironing your bangs/roots!

please put some herbal oils, even if you did the japanese hair straightener you still need to put some hair masks/maybe a sulfate free shampoo with conditioner? Or you still think you have the japanese hair now and it is fine not to do anything on it?

i know i sound like a nosy person! But i really feel sorry for her hair follicles 

hey in case you didn’t know PULL members aren’t allowed to message snowflakes. That’s all on you for getting blocked