• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

mikan.mandarin

3122 posts in this topic

Posted

@Caeleigh you either don't understand what I mean or just want to put words in my mouth that I haven't said to validate your point. Well, we have never been given a firsthand account from the guy's parents anyway. As much as it is most generous to offer food to a guest and show them hospitality, it is also as important to be courteous and light on the family. Some invites may be out of their own kindness but they may as well not want guests on every single night. Japanese families are quite conservative and private, so having a person joining them for dinner every single day is burdensome even if not said out loud. I am certain they may have foreshadowed a little as she ceased bringing them up all of a sudden (which could very much imply she doesn't want questions on the topic but alas). It isn't farfetched as a heavy guest is an unwelcome one. what ay be accepted in the west isn't necessarily the norm elsewhere. It isn't about you and if you want to witch hunt bec i state the truth about her & you like her then you are in the wrong place. I take guests anytime and treat them like family but they are at least sensible and respectful to not knock at my door every night and I live alone. Respecting personal space and family's privacy has nothing to do with her behaviour and from an upbringing that stems from Asian tradition: it is an unspoken rule to be light. 

Posted

So can we safely assume that they’re not bestfriends anymore?

0B726069-3182-4C82-9238-42D2DE6EEB81.png

Posted (edited)

So can we safely assume that they’re not bestfriends anymore?

0B726069-3182-4C82-9238-42D2DE6EEB81.png

Maybe she just mentioned them bc everyone knows about Mikan?

Edit: Nevermind?

Screenshot_20191124-153324.png

Edited by Minzgruen

Posted

Piper hasn’t liked any of Mikan’s photos except one that she’s in. Piper’s only been around her boyfriend, fellow students, lesser known IG influencers, and Venus since being there. Vlogging complaints can only be about Mikan since she’s the only one with an active YouTube channel. Safe to say she’s feeling salty toward her.

Posted

Mikan and tsuruko are not following each other anymore

20191124_095903.png

20191124_095846.png

Posted

They were online friends for how long? Didn't Mikan say 4 years? And it only took their first meeting for Piper to get fed up of Mikan's shit... yikes.

It speaks volumes. I mean ppl who expect everyone to coddle them with praise abd whatnot while they on the other hand slander them "jokingly" are the most draining humans you can have in your life. Good on piper if she is trying to find genuine friendship tbh.

Posted

Mikan did say in their vlog together that she had to beg her way back into Piper’s life after snubbing her the first time. They really should’ve left well enough alone. If it takes a weeb frenemy to get another weeb to finally follow through with living their Japan fever dream, though, I guess there were no losers here. 

Posted

Well, that was fast. But I'm not surprised in the slightest. Obvs I don't know Piper. But I'd still say that Mikan was such an insufferable little twat that Piper just cancelled her. 

The only stable friends she seems to have are Japanese. And I'm pretty sure that they don't know any better and they'd believe her if she told them that her rudeness is just "British humour".

Posted

Maybe she just mentioned them bc everyone knows about Mikan?

Edit: Nevermind?

Screenshot_20191124-153324.png

I would just like to point out that she also mentions in this post "someone who is a real put down typa person" and that's also about Mikan I bet. And Mikan probably thinks nothing of it like usual "it's just my humor" and "Tsuruko was just really thin skinned" as excuses but if someone's feelings get hurt it doesn't matter if it was meant to be joke. Action overshadows intention dude.

I may be jumping the gun but I can totally see it happening and Mikan not reflecting at all about it. To Mikan that elitest idea of that she's earned taking digs at Tsuruko because she's there for the right reasons and actually understands Japan/Japanese more or whatever. Never mind that Mikan also moved to Japan to chase a very weeby dream. And never mind that Mikan has been there for at least...2 years (?) I think it was and Tsuruko just got off the fucking plane so  the skill set of who is "better at living in Japan" or whatever equally irrelevant scale Mikan used to compared them is moot. The time spent isn't the same. 

Sorry, if I'm coming off harsh but Mikan has been setting off so many red flags in my mind since I found this thread and the Tsuruko stuff is one of the bigger red flags thus far imo.

Posted

Didn’t Mikan also say that she and Piper and an online fight in the past which caused her to just block/delete Piper? Sounds like she’s still as immature and defensive as she was back then and hasn’t reflected at all. Who knows maybe Piper even told Mikan she didn’t like the “jokes” and Mikan went off on her resulting in them parting ways. Either way it’s clear she won’t change. I bet the only reason her Japanese friends stick around is because she doesn’t have the language capacity to roast them. 

Posted

mikan has the mindset of a 5 year old and the behaviour of 17 year old stuck up teenager.

Posted

I bet the only reason her Japanese friends stick around is because she doesn’t have the language capacity to roast them. 

I think the reason Mikan is actually nice to her school friends is that they serve a purpose for her. In the sense that she would be alone in her classes and not doing enough school work if she didn’t have those friends to help her. Also, she couldn’t really be mean to them and break friendships since it would be awkward seeing them every day. 

However, people like Venus and Piper don’t do anything useful for Mikan in her eyes, so she can easily tease them. And they aren’t in her daily life so she has no problem blocking them afterwards.

Posted

I think the reason Mikan is actually nice to her school friends is that they serve a purpose for her. In the sense that she would be alone in her classes and not doing enough school work if she didn’t have those friends to help her. Also, she couldn’t really be mean to them and break friendships since it would be awkward seeing them every day. 

However, people like Venus and Piper don’t do anything useful for Mikan in her eyes, so she can easily tease them. And they aren’t in her daily life so she has no problem blocking them afterwards.

they were more like pawns to give her more exposure than anything else