• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

mikan.mandarin

2567 posts in this topic

Posted

I remember posting something on the lines of that Mikan doesn't show her making the clothing or like design ideas n a few weeks/days later she put a video of her doing fashion homework...whats in her fashion school bag etc. the video seemed planned than 'it just so happened' or her excuse sometimes 'many followers were asking for one'

Agreed and knowing Mikan, she's not one to ignore anything she perceives as even the slightest criticism. I mean, she's on her Instagram flipping out at people who ask about her ex

Posted

Anyone else think Mikan might be into dominating people? I think her personality fits.

As I have found through reading older posts here on PULL:

her collarspace profile states that she is a "Bisexual Female Dominant"

Other people here too have mentioned that she had a profile on a fetish website claiming that was her kink.

Receiving money to dominate people looks like could be her fetish. I think someone here called it 'findom'. What a bizarre world we live in. I guess everyone has their own fetishes.

But it makes sense if you look at it, her personality, wanting to be an influencer etc.

If she just wanted to sell nudes, it would be far easier to just make an account selling nudes. She wouldn't have to make all this up about that specific kink, don't you think?

And I am not saying that having kinks is bad (we're all freaks more or less), I just want her to acknowledge it, that's all.

Posted

Gonna be honest I think she just doesn’t care about what people here think anymore. She obviously used to put PULL into consideration with her posts or videos but after people stopped praising her here it changed. It probably better though since I don’t think it’s healthy to do everyone just to make PULL happy and think about it all the time.

Aside from that, I can’t really blame her for getting upset when people ask her about hiro. We all know she still likes him and is having trouble getting over him and every time a fan asks it just rubs salt in the wound more. If they really wanted to know so badly they could just try to find out by looking at her old posts or videos or something. It’s kind of rude to be like “hey did you and your bf break up” when you have the ability to check for yourself. You don’t need to be a dedicated fan to do that 

Nope, I absolutely disagree. First and foremost, you can control how you act like, especially if you're in the spotlight and living off of everyone else who might only have a few normal questions. You don't have to answer them if you don't want to? Besides, the question wasn't worded aggressively in any way - Vina made it aggressive.

Plus: that was when she used to basically put Hirokazu still everywhere on her Instagram like nothing happened. If she was hurt by a question, she fucking hurt herself in the first place by still being around him.

God, she's such a child

Posted

Anyone else think Mikan might be into dominating people? I think her personality fits.

As I have found through reading older posts here on PULL:

Other people here too have mentioned that she had a profile on a fetish website claiming that was her kink.

Receiving money to dominate people looks like could be her fetish. I think someone here called it 'findom'. What a bizarre world we live in. I guess everyone has their own fetishes.

Honestly, no I don't think so. I'm pretty sure those kind of sites exist because some people do like to be "dominated", and then others just use it to get money without it being a kink for them. Mikans friend said it was easy money, she wanted money. I really think it's as simple as that.

Mikan is just a bit bossy.
:alpacafedup:

Posted

Honestly, no I don't think so. I'm pretty sure those kind of sites exist because some people do like to be "dominated", and then others just use it to get money without it being a kink for them. Mikans friend said it was easy money, she wanted money. I really think it's as simple as that.
Mikan is just a bit bossy.
:alpacafedup:

Findom is probably the easiest kink to play into even if you aren't into it. It's a pretty easy way to make money if you find the right person, you just have to pretend to be dominating which is what the other person wants. In most cases it doesn't even involve having to send nudes or anything remotely sexual so it's a lower effort / danger kind of kink. I'm not into it myself (I don't have the right mindset, I'm not that desperate for money and it just doesn't feel morally correct to me) but I also don't judge girls who do it at all, I mean if some old pervy dude wants to give them money and receive basically nothing in return other than being "forced" to do it, more power to them! It's a lot less dangerous than older rich dudes grooming young girls for sex or relationships with a power imbalance, which sadly happens a lot more often.

Posted

There are a lot of different ways Mikan could have responded to questions about Hiro. Instead of lashing out at her followers she could’ve ignored the questions or if it was getting to much for her she could’ve made a gently worded post stating that since the break up was fresh the whole topic of Hiro is sensitive and ask people to refrain from asking her about it for the time being. That would’ve been much better than going on a rant and telling all of of followers how tiring they are.  She’s just an immature brat who thinks the world revolves around her 

Posted

how hard is it to NOT choose those damned questions, mikan?

Posted (edited)

Can anyone confirm how good or bad Mikan's Japanese level is in her current videos?

In the comments on her latest vid, someone claimed that Mikan uses the wrong tenses 50% of the time, but there were people in the replies disagreeing and saying that Mikan sounds advanced and natural. I can't tell who's right. 

Edited by Golden.peach
spelling

Posted (edited)

Can anyone confirm how good or bad Mikan's Japanese level is in her current videos?

In the comments on her latest vid, someone claimed that Mikan uses the wrong tenses 50% of the time, but there were people in the replies disagreeing and saying that Mikan sounds advanced and natural. I can't tell who's right. 

She has a noticeable accent and her way of speaking Japanese is slower and more spaced out compared to her speaking English, which isn't unusual when you've only known a language for 1-3 years + combined with the fact that Japanese is sort of spoken that way. It can take several years until someone can confidentially speak a language at the same rate as a native.

As for tenses and grammar, she usually speaks formally like a text book rather than using general everyday speech which can look out of place at times, but she has all the basics down for understandable conversations. I haven't heard anything that isn't "incorrect" yet - just a bit of odd phrases here and there. Considering she only began learning 3 years ago, she's pretty good compared to the previous generation of Jvloggers who can barely hold a conversation with natives and live in a bubble despite living in Japan for several more years than Mikan. But I suppose for Mikan, her lingual level is no wonder considering she's living in Japan, attending a Japanese college (which other Jvloggers haven't), working in a Japanese environment (Jvloggers haven't either) and has Japanese friends (rare for Jvloggers); I mean at that point, you HAVE to achieve a good level to function in everyday life. I'd say she's N2 level - which is pretty amazing to achieve in 3 years time. Kudos to her for learning.

Edited by Caeleigh

Posted

^this is what sets her apart from other jvloggers. she has this work ethic ingrained to her core and WILL pour her heart into it. compared to other vloggers' Japanese, i'd say she's doing pretty good.

Posted

Using simple grammatical structure is evident in her sentences that can barely pass as a N3. I am sorry but she is still far from N2. The formal text book sentences show how little conversations she has with people outside of the learning circle. She makes mistakes which is normal but it irks me how N2 is easily flaunted about. Entrance exams test personal & communicational skills and isn't indicative of the level acquisition.

She has a noticeable accent and her way of speaking Japanese is slower and more spaced out compared to her speaking English, which isn't unusual when you've only known a language for 1-3 years + combined with the fact that Japanese is sort of spoken that way. It can take several years until someone can confidentially speak a language at the same rate as a native.

As for tenses and grammar, she usually speaks formally like a text book rather than using general everyday speech which can look out of place at times, but she has all the basics down for understandable conversations. I haven't heard anything that isn't "incorrect" yet - just a bit of odd phrases here and there. Considering she only began learning 3 years ago, she's pretty good compared to the previous generation of Jvloggers who can barely hold a conversation with natives and live in a bubble despite living in Japan for several more years than Mikan. But I suppose for Mikan, her lingual level is no wonder considering she's living in Japan, attending a Japanese college (which other Jvloggers haven't), working in a Japanese environment (Jvloggers haven't either) and has Japanese friends (rare for Jvloggers); I mean at that point, you HAVE to achieve a good level to function in everyday life. I'd say she's N2 level - which is pretty amazing to achieve in 3 years time. Kudos to her for learning.

Posted

Speaking is not the only aspect of language learning tho. She may have N2 comprehension and reading but lower-level speaking/writing which is pretty normal. 

Maybe she'll talk about her certifications if someone asks in a Q&A. I don't remember what she acquired at the end of her language school. 

Posted

Language school certification isn't equivalent to the official exam.

Posted (edited)

new vid

I love how at 3:50 she dissed all those useless vloggers who go to Japan with no purpose and don't go to school or work to contribute to the country in any way. And then at 6:06 those who marry to stay in the country. 😂😂😂

Edited by Caeleigh

Posted

new vid

I love how at 3:50 she dissed all those useless vloggers who go to Japan with no purpose and don't go to school or work to contribute to the country in any way. And then at 6:06 those who marry to stay in the country. 😂😂😂

I agree with her but at the same time isn’t that what she told her best friend piper to do? Like yes she’s going to language school but she had no real reason to come to Japan.