• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

mikan.mandarin

3122 posts in this topic

Posted

when she said “i love you” that really felt so not genuine and just plain fake seeing how she treats her fans/followers.

IMG_7591.thumb.PNG.97f5214fe64d33c2d12c6

IMG_7592.thumb.PNG.454c893c2731cc5668524

Posted

Piper has been hanging out with Venus recently. Mikan possibly feels a bit betrayed since she has made it obvious that she doesn’t like Venus any more, and she doesn’t want to share Piper. 

I feel like Piper “choosing” Venus over Mikan says to me that Mikan might not be the good friend that she thinks she is. I mean your friend is going with the girl you alluded to be “exhausting” to be around. Now I’m not saying Venus is innocent, but Mikan did cut her off pretty blunt and then alluded that ONLY Venus is the problem...

i hope that made sense.

One of the factors in this could be that Venus has more time to hang out, she has no college or work and very few friends. However I think it's telling, if Venus was as bad a Mikan has implied then I'd imagine her best friend would give her a wide birth. The fact Mikan doesn't want to "share" Piper is likely to push her away also. 

I don't think Mikan's friendship with Venus was genuine. Of course Venus is messed up but usually if you truly like someone you don't turn your back on. I mean Venus is still the same person. It sad that Mikan abandoned her right when her marriage was falling apart. I can't help but feel she used Venus for exposure when she first came to Japan and then jumped ship when she needed to be a genuine friend. I hope Piper continues to hang out with Venus.

I like Mikan but there is a side to herself that she needs to work on. She can be very mature on the one hand but on the other it feels like she's stuck as a 16 years old. Maybe working after school played a part in this, also I guess her peers were not into the same things as her (Japan, anime). She seems socially stunted somehow. 

Posted

One of the factors in this could be that Venus has more time to hang out, she has no college or work and very few friends. However I think it's telling, if Venus was as bad a Mikan has implied then I'd imagine her best friend would give her a wide birth. The fact Mikan doesn't want to "share" Piper is likely to push her away also. 

I don't think Mikan's friendship with Venus was genuine. Of course Venus is messed up but usually if you truly like someone you don't turn your back on. I mean Venus is still the same person. It sad that Mikan abandoned her right when her marriage was falling apart. I can't help but feel she used Venus for exposure when she first came to Japan and then jumped ship when she needed to be a genuine friend. I hope Piper continues to hang out with Venus.

I like Mikan but there is a side to herself that she needs to work on. She can be very mature on the one hand but on the other it feels like she's stuck as a 16 years old. Maybe working after school played a part in this, also I guess her peers were not into the same things as her (Japan, anime). She seems socially stunted somehow. 

More details on the Mikan-Venus drama? I feel like I missed something there.

Posted (edited)

This. I think Mikan is afraid to grow up since moving to Japan because a lot of her opportunities are a bit limited by her age. For example:

Modelling - an industry that obviously favours younger women (especially in Japan it seems that a childish look is ideal and Mikan's face is maturing)

Being an English tutor - Mikan has stated that it's way easier to get clients if you're very young and desirable to businessmen

Being a fashion student - Mikan's classmates all appear to be teenagers so it might be harder to fit in as a 20-something

On her birthday she changed her age on Instagram from 21 to '22 (help)' which shows how insecure she is about ageing. And of course her trademark Instagram style is very teenage, so she might also be worrying about how much longer she can pull it off. 

Edited by Golden.peach

Posted

On her birthday she changed her age on Instagram from 21 to '22 (help)' which shows how insecure she is about ageing.

I read plenty of times that in Japan there's a huge hangup on women and aging far more than any place in the West.  Women past 24 are borderline invisible. Late 20s are considered to have aged past their prime.

Posted

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY 

she’s lurking here conformed 

Yup, and that look to me is hideous anyway. 

Posted

This. I think Mikan is afraid to grow up since moving to Japan because a lot of her opportunities are a bit limited by her age. For example:

Modelling - an industry that obviously favours younger women (especially in Japan it seems that a childish look is ideal and Mikan's face is maturing)

Being an English tutor - Mikan has stated that it's way easier to get clients if you're very young and desirable to businessmen

Being a fashion student - Mikan's classmates all appear to be teenagers so it might be harder to fit in as a 20-something

On her birthday she changed her age on Instagram from 21 to '22 (help)' which shows how insecure she is about ageing. And of course her trademark Instagram style is very teenage, so she might also be worrying about how much longer she can pull it off. 

I still wouldn't say that her face is aging that rapidly that she'd struggle though so I do wonder why she'd be SO concerned about it. Peachmilky is 24 and she still seems to get a TON of modelling gigs without, from what I can see, being too hung up on the fact she's mid-twenties. Granted she also has the whole pale blonde sexy cosplay thing going on. If anything, wouldn't it encourage her to want to achieve as much as she can and to pursue as many avenues within those industries as she can? Like, there's no age limit on teaching or fashion design specifically if you put in the work. 

Then again it always seems like a lot of influencers like her end up like this?? Abipop rode the whole forever 17 thing for ages and still acts like a ditzy teenager now, Taylor R obviously has hang ups about her aging etc. etc. 

Posted

I still wouldn't say that her face is aging that rapidly that she'd struggle though so I do wonder why she'd be SO concerned about it. Peachmilky is 24 and she still seems to get a TON of modelling gigs without, from what I can see, being too hung up on the fact she's mid-twenties. Granted she also has the whole pale blonde sexy cosplay thing going on. If anything, wouldn't it encourage her to want to achieve as much as she can and to pursue as many avenues within those industries as she can? Like, there's no age limit on teaching or fashion design specifically if you put in the work. 

Then again it always seems like a lot of influencers like her end up like this?? Abipop rode the whole forever 17 thing for ages and still acts like a ditzy teenager now, Taylor R obviously has hang ups about her aging etc. etc. 

Peachmilky is currently 28/29. Definitely not 24.

Posted

Peachmilky is currently 28/29. Definitely not 24.

I mean.... thanks for the correction? ...My bad? My point doesn't really change any lol......

Posted (edited)

Mikan and Hirokazu’s relationship seems so unhealthy for her. In her recent video with him she said that their relationship after breaking up was basically the same as while they were together. Then in her newest ‘big sis Mikan’ video she says she’s still getting over the break up. Its obvious that she’s giving herself no space away from Hiro to heal, and their dynamic hasn’t changed enough from partners back to friends in the weeks (months?) since splitting. It’s weird that she’s making relationship advice videos when she needs help for her own. 

Edited by Golden.peach
spelling

Posted

Can someone who watched it sum up her new girls talk video please?

Also does anyone know what age most of her subscribers are? 

Posted (edited)

Can someone who watched it sum up her new girls talk video please?

Also does anyone know what age most of her subscribers are? 

Wasn't she stating at some point that a lot of older men where watching her and that this fact was creepy to her? And was showing statistics? But I may mix things up. I can imagine that her audience consists of a lot of highschoolers, who are impressionable and dream about wanting to "move to Japan at some point for sure".

I find the "big sis Mikan"-thing very cringy. She might be older than the highschoolers, who are watching her but besides her experience in moving and living in Japan I don't see anything really of substance to share. She seems like an airhead sometimes, who still has to figure out a lot about herself and I think she needs a big sis herself instead of trying to act like she is one. 

(edited a word)

Edited by sipi